Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
I know this topic has been discussed previously, but those threads did not feature pictures, so rather than discussing the price, or if its something an adult male can simply walk in and do, I wanted to ask people to post their build a bear builds on this forum so we can discuss builds, and why you decided to do it that way, or build techniques. I plan to go for my first time very soon, however as of yet I have never been. So let me know if I wrong about there being build techniques and variations.

• Love
Reactions: NooNoo
There...isn't really a technique to building them. They're plushies. You don't actually sew them together out of bits and bobs in the store. What you're looking at is basically a 'skin' with little to no stuffing inside. You get to add the stuffing and various other options.

I've been many times and this is the way it used to go (I haven't been since Da Cooties so things might have changed from this a bit.)

1: You go in and pick out whichever plushie you want to make. They usually have stuffed examples so you can see what they will look like.
2: You can decide if you want to add a sound or 'heartbeat' to your new friend. This costs a little extra, but you can choose from a wide range of sounds, song clips, or even record your own message. The heartbeat is a plastic heart that makes a 'thumpthump' noise when it's pressed.
3: You can choose to add a scent to your friend. These vary by what is available. I've only done one of mine in a lavender scent. It's not super strong to me, but you may be more or less sensitive. This also costs a little extra.
4: You wait in line and a store worker will help you stuff the plushie. You'll step on the pedal when they say to and that will make the machine blow the stuffing into your new friend. The worker will move the plushie around to get it all filled up. They'll ask you if you want it soft and squishy or strong and proud (or along those lines...basically how much fluff do you want in them.)
5: They'll ask you to do a test hug to make sure they're just right. Then you'll do the heart ceremony. You don't _HAVE_ to do the ceremony, but it's fun and silly. The heart is a little cloth heart that is included in the price of the plush.
6: The worker will do up the back seam of your new friend and you're ready to go check out unless you want to 'brush' the plushie at the grooming table and pick out clothes and accessories. (Those obviously will cost extra.) Also you can name them at a kiosk and get a free 'birth certificate' for them. So if you want to do that I find it best to see what kind of plush you might want online and think of a name before you get there so you can just type it in.

It'll be the most fun if you can let loose a little bit and go with the silliness. :3

[Edit!]

Forgot to say! If you want one of the 'online exclusives' but you want to do the whole stuffing experience, you can usually order them unstuffed. Then you take them to whichever location you want and stuff them. It won't cost anything extra to do it that way. This might be an option if you can afford the plushie but not an outfit. You can get the plush unstuffed online and then wait until you have the money saved for the other stuff you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: DylanLewis and Sitherus
thanks for the detailed info, but more specifically, I was looking to start a topic that was full of pictures of cute stuffed animals that you guys made.

also, the site has changed a bit since my last post several years ago, I don't know how to compliment your post, or if that's even still a thing.

I can help you with that then. Always happy to post a picture of the bestest bunny ever Fwo. She is my favourite and sleeps with me every night.418E93B6-9FA1-4041-B6A5-7981303F815B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chrischrischris, jasonbutsmall, siysiy and 3 others
The gang.jpeg

The gang won't to say hi. Peter Rabbit toothless and Billy and Bonnie along with the card are all Build-A-Bear stuffies.

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris, Blathers, Fireheat and 2 others
siysiy said:
View attachment 43670

The gang won't to say hi. Peter Rabbit toothless and Billy and Bonnie along with the card are all Build-A-Bear stuffies.
Fwo and Snowflake want to say hello to Peter rabbit. 💕

Happy days out with friends.

20200805_131726.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris, osirisboi15, Blathers and 3 others
IMHO, PBS could license Build-a-Bear to offer some Arthur figures...I'd have Sue Ellen in a heartbeat! 🥰

Reactions: chrischrischris and AJFan2020
great photos guys

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Blathers, NooNoo and 1 other person
Build a Bear, YAY!20200813_163506.jpg

20200813_163645.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chrischrischris, NooNoo, Blathers and 2 others
They should still make a limited-edition Arthur series: Arthur, Baby Kate, Buster, Francine, Brain, Fern...and, of course, Sue Ellen.

Just no D.W. or Muffy...they can sit this one out. 🤭

Reactions: AJFan2020, MeDisneyBaby and Blathers
dynodoggo said:
Oh boy I really want a Marshall build-a-bear now. I had no idea it existed

They had quite a few Paw Patrol characters. Now, I think the only ones they still carry are Marshall (although he's getting harder to find), Chase, and Skye

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and dynodoggo
For those curious, Build-A-Bear had all of the major Paw Patrol pup characters.

Excepting Rex and Sweetie. (Who I would love to see but who knows?)

(So that'd be Marshal, Rubble, Chase, Rocky, Zuma, Skye, Everest and Tracker.)

Guess who was obsessed with the show and bought them all. XD

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, NooNoo and siysiy
I went and made toothless and the one who didn't get a name who I'm calling Luna based on fan suggestion. toothless is the special edition king of the dragons both have plenty of sparkles. I wanted just Luna but a second bab was only $10 more. I really want to hug and love the white one, but she will get dirty the more I touch her.IMG_20200821_000057.jpg

• Love
Reactions: siysiy, chrischrischris and BobbiSueEllen
Oh no, I can’t share my build a bears here because I share them publicly on Facebook already. :p I will say that a few years back I made a BAB of my cubsona Daisy while I was taking a break from a furry convention. I made her out of a VERY soft baby tiger body, a white t-shirt, and some overalls, plus a blonde wig that refuses to stay on... I scented her with the honey scent and she was my go-to comfort plush for a while.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
FeekaDimension said:
Oh no, I can’t share my build a bears here because I share them publicly on Facebook already. :p I will say that a few years back I made a BAB of my cubsona Daisy while I was taking a break from a furry convention. I made her out of a VERY soft baby tiger body, a white t-shirt, and some overalls, plus a blonde wig that refuses to stay on... I scented her with the honey scent and she was my go-to comfort plush for a while.
could you remove the wig and show it on a white wall that no one will recognize? My background is super recognizable... also you can scent them? also also how well did the scent hold up?

Last edited:
Back