Best medical like diaper that isn't too pricy?

Frettic

Cute diaperfur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
So this is an odd question to post, but are there any good medical diapers that aren't too expensive that are at least decent?

Reactions: Canadianfalls
peepthekiwi said:
So this is an odd question to post, but are there any good medical diapers that aren't too expensive that are at least decent?
Knowing your diaper budget and your country(since not all brands are available everywhere) would make it a little easier to drop a recommendation.
These are just a few off the list of brands/models I've personally used but I think you'll have to do some sampling yourself and find what works, also do some window shopping and compare prices that'll work for your budget.

• Abena M4(plastic backed) is always an easy one to suggest. Been using them for years, they hold a decent amount certainly beats Depends/store brands and the way they fit just works perfectly for me. Clumping may be an issue with lots of movement. Priced pretty good, cases of 42 can be found for around $50. If you can get over the "racing stripe" pattern I'd say try these.

• NorthShore Supreme is a good option, waist rise was just a little too low for my liking but absorbency was great. A little stiff out of the pack these performed pretty well, tapes worked well, the backing is robust and the absorbency was great. Plus there's a selection of colors now if you're into that. Haven't bought a pack of these in a while though, pricing was okay but the low waist was the deal breaker for me personally.

• Tranquility ATN is another "Better than Depends" option that's priced pretty low but I'm not a big fan of these. In my usage they don't hold up well to my needs but I'm sure will work if you don't need much. These have a very medical look but also have a very thin almost plastic bag like backing and often would tear at where I placed the tapes because I wanted a snug fit. In my experience, absorbency wise they're "ok" lighter daytime diapers but if you wet heavily while asleep these might not hold "all through the night" ironically. To me they're an alright option if you just need something. They're cheap and will work for short wearing times and hold more than one wetting.

I apologize for such a poorly done review of each, but I hope you find one that works for you.

Reactions: DwarvenDL and Seasonedcitizen
Attends premier might be worth a try. They’re all white aside from the wetness indicator so they’re a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

Can you get forma care where you live? I've never had any problems with them, and they're well priced.

In the US and Europe, I would say that the BetterDry is a good option. The price is good, for a really absorbent brief, but there are a few compromises. They have second chance tapes, which in my experience are not the most reliable, but they work. They're all white, with a really soft, mostly quiet plastic backing. They come in 15 per bag 60 per case, which makes it a pretty good value. However, I feel like there is a big discrepancy in sizing between medium and large, so watch out for that.

Reactions: Deleted member 48371 and abdilly
I wear the Prevail Per-Fit 360 Incontinence Briefs, Maximum Plus Absorbency, Size Three.

I like Prevail Air Overnight. They are like a more comfortable, absorbent version of Tena Stretch, and to my mind, are the closest thing to modern baby diapers for feel and swell.

I find Attends Premier's lack of waistband and double cost of Prevail's above turned me off of them. However, the Attends are more absorbant, and very soft.

For cheap medical diapers similar to plastic backed 90's and 80's baby diapers, Tranquility ATN are my choice. Be warned, they are not as absorbant as the Prevail or Attends mentioned above.

Last edited:
Jonnythepony said:
Knowing your diaper budget and your country(since not all brands are available everywhere) would make it a little easier to drop a recommendation.
These are just a few off the list of brands/models I've personally used but I think you'll have to do some sampling yourself and find what works, also do some window shopping and compare prices that'll work for your budget.

Jonnythepony said:

• Abena M4(plastic backed) is always an easy one to suggest. Been using them for years, they hold a decent amount certainly beats Depends/store brands and the way they fit just works perfectly for me. Clumping may be an issue with lots of movement. Priced pretty good, cases of 42 can be found for around $50. If you can get over the "racing stripe" pattern I'd say try these.

• NorthShore Supreme is a good option, waist rise was just a little too low for my liking but absorbency was great. A little stiff out of the pack these performed pretty well, tapes worked well, the backing is robust and the absorbency was great. Plus there's a selection of colors now if you're into that. Haven't bought a pack of these in a while though, pricing was okay but the low waist was the deal breaker for me personally.

• Tranquility ATN is another "Better than Depends" option that's priced pretty low but I'm not a big fan of these. In my usage they don't hold up well to my needs but I'm sure will work if you don't need much. These have a very medical look but also have a very thin almost plastic bag like backing and often would tear at where I placed the tapes because I wanted a snug fit. In my experience, absorbency wise they're "ok" lighter daytime diapers but if you wet heavily while asleep these might not hold "all through the night" ironically. To me they're an alright option if you just need something. They're cheap and will work for short wearing times and hold more than one wetting.

I apologize for such a poorly done review of each, but I hope you find one that works for you.
Oh yes, I'm so sorry for not including that! I live in the united States, and my price range is about 1.50 per diaper or less. Again, my bad for not adding this earlier

Reactions: KrankyPants
150 pennies or less? I see attends premier is right around there on Amazon. Ada Kigaines (YouTube) did a review of them and I hear a lot of people like them.

Last edited:
Jonnythepony said:

These are my favorites. The Supreme is the overnight and morning diaper. Usually after breakfast I spend time on the internet so all the coffee has time to fill it. I will change into the Abena for most of the day and then the Tranquility for early evening when I don’t need a volume diaper. I’m a hermit so I also have an opportunity to change whenever I feel like it.

Tena Supers are a decent diaper. $45 for a case of 80, maybe more or less depending on size.

• Love
Reactions: GigglingDonkey, littlefun, NinjaPizza and 1 other person
Abena 3s or 4s
S M L are the sizes
3 is pull on
4 is tab style

Last edited:
  • Wow
Dl4201 said:
Abena 3s or 4s
S M L are the sizes
3 is pull on
4 is tab style
That's so abstract!

• Haha
Reactions: DwarvenDL
My recommendation is betterdry diapers they do cost a bit more then $1.50 per approx $1.75 on auto ship at Northshore for me they are worth the extra cost as you will be able to wear them longer then most cheaper medical brand diapers so you will use less per day saving you money.

Reactions: abdilly
Dl4201 said:
Abena 3s or 4s
S M L are the sizes
3 is pull on
4 is tab style
That is not correct ;P

Size is correct, however, 1-4 is based on absorbtion and nog pull up/tab style.

Reactions: Yooo, Jonnythepony and camperspampers1
KrankyPants said:
150 pennies or less? I see attends premier is right around there on Amazon. Ada Kigaines (YouTube) did a review of them and I hear a lot of people like them.
Thank you! I'll check it out!

Onesieman said:
Tena Supers are a decent diaper. $45 for a case of 80, maybe more or less depending on size.
Wow, that is cheap! I'll be sure to check them out!

PrettyLilPrincess said:
Attends premier might be worth a try. They’re all white aside from the wetness indicator so they’re a bit more aesthetically pleasing.
Huh, I haven't heard anything about them yet. I'll be sure to check them out though!

peepthekiwi said:
I recently posted about a very positive experience with simplymedical.com where I got 2 cases of Abena L4 diapers. They have free shipping (not discreet) and a 10% off coupon right now that brought my price per diaper down to ~$1.08. They are top tier if you want the medical look/feel, really thick, and the only thing missing is a nurse with a thick Scandinavian accent bossing you around.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back