Bedwetters in the house

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Is there anyone that wet their bed as a kid but had younger siblings that didn’t? I’m the youngest of 4, so I didn’t have that issue. I would imagine it would be tough to be in a pull-up at night and know your younger brother wasn’t!! How was it dealt with?

Reactions: Diprs2, BwBunny, Canadianfalls and 4 others
I have two sisters 3 years younger and 5 years younger. My middle sister was dry at night by the time she was 5 but I was in pull ups until 13. It was so embarrassing because she got so much praise, although I was never told off for being slower. Although I went to bed later, we got ready in pyjamas at the same time, and my parents would put me in the pull up next to her which was always embarrassing. It was a go to when she teased me, calling me baby, but that was only when we'd fallen out, otherwise it was never really mentioned.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, LiddleBigBoy, ianwee and 1 other person
2 younger brothers both wet but stoped before me

Reactions: Diprs2 and Canadianfalls
I am the oldest of my brothers and cousins but was the last out of diapers. I have always wet the bed. I am autistic (likely one of the main reasons I wet) and I just never was embarrassed as most people would be it only embarrassed me when people commented on it. My brother never really did but my younger cousin did at times. He was still in diapers just after his fourth birthday and my eighth.

I was only out of daily diapers at seven only needing them at specific times now but like I say I always wet the bed, I always wet if I am sick, and I will wet sometimes at outher times like while watching movies our if kind of fully distracted. I was always in goodnites at school beacuse takeing a test could have me wet not to mention some teachers would lock the door and I was never fully continent.

It is not uncommon for me to unknowingly wet if I am in a diaper but if I am not and know I will have to change my pants it is not common for me to wet, something about knowing I am in a diper makes me more likely to wet. I rember once when I was sick and back in pull-ups with my cousin who was four years younger than me and that was the time I taled about before at his fourth birthday.

We had a traing calander and that summer we where potty train tougher and I even rember we marked our progress and I would wet the bed and about twice in a week durring the day but then I got a cold and was in pull-ups full time with him and I started wetting more often than he did and in that time he got out of diapers. It was only one of the times I was embared at all when he teased me for bring a baby

• Sad
Reactions: Canadianfalls and ianwee
was never diapered for bed wetting, shared a bed with a sibling and the bed was often wet and we never really knew who did it first , if I woke up and the bed was wet I would just pee again weather it was me or my brother that wet it originally . My brother is about a year older then me, I don't know if he still wets or not

Reactions: Canadianfalls, ianwee and wiliawi
I was the middle and the only bedwetter

Reactions: DiaperGirly
I wet the bed from about 9 years old to 12 years old. My sister is 5 years younger than I am and was out of diapers at night when I started to wet the bed.

Parents really mentioned anything about my wetting expect in non-judgmental ways.

chamberpot said:
was never diapered for bed wetting, shared a bed with a sibling and the bed was often wet and we never really knew who did it first , if I woke up and the bed was wet I would just pee again weather it was me or my brother that wet it originally . My brother is about a year older then me, I don't know if he still wets or not
Did you have a rubber sheet on the bed or something?

What age was this? Before Goodnites?

Bed wetting runs in the family. Talking with my grandma she told me she did it, and that my dad did it, my younger brother did it till he was about 10'ish and I been doing it since 13. I wore in secret and became a AB due to the diapers. Picked up a bottle and paci during one trip for more diapers and the rest was history.

• Love
Reactions: Canadianfalls, PaddedPonyboy, plasticpants1 and 1 other person
Stacy said:
Did you have a rubber sheet on the bed or something?
Stacy said:
What age was this? Before Goodnites?
no rubber sheet and this was back in the 50's .

Stacy said:
Is there anyone that wet their bed as a kid but had younger siblings that didn’t? I’m the youngest of 4, so I didn’t have that issue. I would imagine it would be tough to be in a pull-up at night and know your younger brother wasn’t!! How was it dealt with?
I was the oldest of three by 5 and 7 years. Since I was 23 when I had my last accident and my brothers were dry by 12 at the latest, yes, I was the last to stop.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
I was the oldest and wet sporadically so there was a rubber sheet on my bed.

Oldest of two boys and the only bedwetter. Little bro was done with diapers age 2 during the day and shortly after at night.
I was the sole reason, there was still a pack of Pampers in the bathroom until I turned about 8 years old

Reactions: Canadianfalls and kjluvs
I wet the bed and was out in Terry nappies and plastic pants by our nanny until I was 6 yo. I was the eldest and my younger brother was dry before me. I was then dry until 10/11 when I started to wet the bed again. I was away at boarding school and the bedwetters of which there were quite a few all had rubber sheets on our beds and also had to report to the matron and change into Terry nappy pants and plastic pants before bed. I was then mostly dry again from age 13 until a spinal injury aged 26. After which I have rarely had a dry night. That was over 35 years ago and I worn adult nappies ever since. Further spinal problems mean I now wear adult nappies 24/7 to manage my incontinence.

Reactions: Teddy02 and sambus
Stacy said:
I was the youngest and along came my younger step brother , i was a bedwetter and he wasn't and worse was i had to wear diapers till late teens at about 16 . Pull ups were available back then but were expensive so tape on diapers were chosen for me and my younger step brother who is 2 years younger knew about my diaper wearing and yeah it was tough being in diapers all the way till 16 and having a younger sibling not be in diapers , i was teased quite a lot by him but not in a bad kind of way though.

• Sad
Reactions: ianwee
Jg21101 said:
2 younger brothers both wet but stoped before me
Was that embarrassing I’m guessing? Why did they stop before you?

Stacy said:
I'm the middle child out of 3. Both me and my older brother wet the bed until we were teenagers and my younger brother was dry as soon as he was out of nappies.

We'd be deprived of fluids an hour before bed and then forced to do a wee even though we didn't need to go. I'd then have to wear drynites while my younger brother could have whatever soft drink he wanted. He'd still inevitably wake up dry and me and my older brother would inevitably wake up wet.

• Sad
Reactions: ianwee
I was the oldest of three, my sisters were 3 and 7 years younger. I had to wear diapers and rubber pants until I was 17, while my sisters stopped wetting their beds much sooner, the oldest was 12 when she stopped. I think because the older sister had her own bedwetting issues and was also diapered by our mom-she diapered us together-I never got any grief from my sister about my bedwetting and diapers. She was pretty supportive in her own way, like when she had sleepover and her friends stayed overnight and saw my wearing diapers and Gerber plastic panties. I was in high school and they were still in middle school or earlier. It was embarrassing though, her girlfriends were cute and I was of an age.

I'm the youngest so can't relate to younger siblings drying up before me but I was for quite awhile the only bedwetter in the house. My older brother and middle sister both stopped when they were 6 or 7ish, but I had issues until I was 14.

My accidents were pretty matter-of-factly handled; teasing wasn't tolerated. My Mom was very supportive and as sly as possible to help me keep it a secret around friends and distant family, she really helped me survive those years, but it was still pretty rough and embarrassing at times.

My older brother (oldest child) would whine whenever we went on vacation or to travel meets where we had to share a bed, me and him would share and then my sisters shared a bed Mom and Dad in their own room/bed depending on the hotel. He would always whine about sharing with me and then tell me not to pee that night but I can't remember ever leaking or anything like that while sharing a bed so I dunno what his fuss was about? Probably just trying to be annoying or I guess not wanting to get peed on lol but I don't think that ever happened that I can remember?

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw and ianwee
Back