Bedwetters in the house

JOCKMAN said:
Youngest of kids. I recall seeing my brother in a tee shirt & plastic underpants when he was 7 or 8. I am 3 years younger. I briefly was in training underwear and regular underwear around age 4 - 5 but then the summer of being age 5 I began to wet each night so I was put back in to trainers & plastic underpants (my older brother's hand me downs). I had a brief stint at age 7 with regular underwear but at age 8 it came back to where I wanted to wear diapers / training underwear / plastic underpants at night again for the security and being tired of waking up in wet sheets. I think my brother became dry at night around age 8 so he did not wear plastic underpants anymore. I think he did have a plastic mattress cover on his bed though until age 10 - "just in case". Mine was on my bed until age 11 or 12.

My brother never gave me a hard time even when I was age 10 and wearing only my security undergarments & a tee shirt in front of him & my family at night before bed watching TV. I honestly grew up thinking that wearing protective undergarments up to age 10 or 11 was "semi-normal" for a lot of kids my age. Having a plastic mattress cover on your bed was "normal" up to age 12 or 13. No one ever really talked about it much; comparable to no one sits around talking about each others' underwear either.
Its no surprise your older brother did not tease you. "People that live in glass houses..." He understood how humiliating it was. I have a two year older brother who did not become dry (or for the most part dry) until about 13 or so- So he never teased me either.

Reactions: Diprs2 and gobphus
iampadded said:
Its no surprise your older brother did not tease you. "People that live in glass houses..." He understood how humiliating it was. I have a two year older brother who did not become dry (or for the most part dry) until about 13 or so- So he never teased me either.
Yes you & I and a few others had it quite easy compared to many of the other folks on this site. I am still shocked when I read about people and their lives growing up with punishment, embarrassment induced by others, etc. Having a family that understood and an older brother that went through the challenge unit later age was immensely helpful as I look back on it all and my ability today to still wear protection at night for security.

I was the second born in a family of four, but I was the only bedwetter. I was born in 81 and my mom just kept me in diapers at night until I was probably eight years old. The last memory I have of being in those diapers was 1989 when my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother. I have this vivid memory of “talking to the baby” in her stomach and telling it, “don’t worry, you won’t be the only one in diapers”. I must’ve outgrown them shortly thereafter because there was probably three years where I wasn’t wearing anything and was just left to wake up in wet sheets and do laundry literally every morning. It was miserable.

When I was 11, sometime in early 1993, my dad was getting sent on a business trip, and my parents decided to make a road trip out of it. Mom had heard that some family friends kept their kids in adult diapers at night because they wet the bed also and she mentioned to me that it might be a good idea for us to get some adult diapers for me to wear at night during the trip so I don’t wet the bed in the hotel. I remember feeling a combination of shock and embarrassment at the idea of being put back in diapers, mixed with relief that I wouldn’t have to wake up in wet sheets and fascination at what they would feel like. I remember the day she took me to the drugstore and picked up that first package of drugstore brand adult diapers. They were size small, plastic backed, with six tapes. Probably a knock off of the Attends at that time. I remember they were incredibly crinkly, and as much as I tried, it was impossible to hide them from my siblings. I would put them on in my parents walk-in closet and tiptoe down the hallway to the room I shared with my brother. He never said anything, but there was no way I could walk past his bed without crinkling. On the road trip I had to share a bed with him in the hotel and every little movement I made caused the diaper to crinkle. It was one of the most humiliating times I can remember, but it’s probably what caused me to obsess over diapers.

Interestingly, my wedding began to come back in my adult years, and once I started wearing diapers again, it came back in full force within months. I guess I never really stopped.

Reactions: Diprs2, fredy552, RothwellBC and 5 others
bedwetterdavid said:
I was the second born in a family of four, but I was the only bedwetter. I was born in 81 and my mom just kept me in diapers at night until I was probably eight years old. The last memory I have of being in those diapers was 1989 when my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother. I have this vivid memory of “talking to the baby” in her stomach and telling it, “don’t worry, you won’t be the only one in diapers”. I must’ve outgrown them shortly thereafter because there was probably three years where I wasn’t wearing anything and was just left to wake up in wet sheets and do laundry literally every morning. It was miserable.

When I was 11, sometime in early 1993, my dad was getting sent on a business trip, and my parents decided to make a road trip out of it. Mom had heard that some family friends kept their kids in adult diapers at night because they wet the bed also and she mentioned to me that it might be a good idea for us to get some adult diapers for me to wear at night during the trip so I don’t wet the bed in the hotel. I remember feeling a combination of shock and embarrassment at the idea of being put back in diapers, mixed with relief that I wouldn’t have to wake up in wet sheets and fascination at what they would feel like. I remember the day she took me to the drugstore and picked up that first package of drugstore brand adult diapers. They were size small, plastic backed, with six tapes. Probably a knock off of the Attends at that time. I remember they were incredibly crinkly, and as much as I tried, it was impossible to hide them from my siblings. I would put them on in my parents walk-in closet and tiptoe down the hallway to the room I shared with my brother. He never said anything, but there was no way I could walk past his bed without crinkling. On the road trip I had to share a bed with him in the hotel and every little movement I made caused the diaper to crinkle. It was one of the most humiliating times I can remember, but it’s probably what caused me to obsess over diapers.

Interestingly, my wedding began to come back in my adult years, and once I started wearing diapers again, it came back in full force within months. I guess I never really stopped.
Once my wetting came back it wasn't long before I was wetting every night again

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot and gobphus
Stacy said:
Is there anyone that wet their bed as a kid but had younger siblings that didn’t? I’m the youngest of 4, so I didn’t have that issue. I would imagine it would be tough to be in a pull-up at night and know your younger brother wasn’t!! How was it dealt with?
Didn't have younger sibs but did play with younger children who were potty trained. They knew I was diapered so I was never able to act like the "big kid'; it was enough just to keep up with the little one's. :mad:

Reactions: Diprs2
BuddyBoy said:
Didn't have younger sibs but did play with younger children who were potty trained. They knew I was diapered so I was never able to act like the "big kid'; it was enough just to keep up with the little one's. :mad:
Fortunately I wasn't the only kid in our street that wet the bed. The mother's mafia knew who the bedwetters were

Reactions: Diprs2 and BwBunny
Youngest out of 7 and the only bed wetter in the fam... There were NO pull-ups or disposable diapers back than and even if there were I don't think I would have ever got put in them. We were poor so that probably would never happened and I taken out of Diapers around 5-6ish and slept on a plastic sheet and would wake up wet 99% of the time, which continued into my Adult years. Until my mid-thirties I stayed Dry around 95% of the time.
That only lasted for around 3-4yrs, during the time I was driving a Semi when me wetting at Night increased than the Day time accidents started happening, that's when I found Bambino's on the internet (did't even own a computer until I was 38) wore those at night and wore Depends during the day until my incontinence got worse. NOW I'M... 24/7 in MegaMax's 😏

Last edited:
Wetshisbed said:
Fortunately I wasn't the only kid in our street that wet the bed. The mother's mafia knew who the bedwetters were
That sounds terrible, luckily for me, I mostly grew up on a small farm, no nosy neighbors around the corner. I didn't have many friends but my dad taught me everything I need to know to be able to survive in the forest and to become one with mother nature. The forest was always my friend.

Stacy said:
Is there anyone that wet their bed as a kid but had younger siblings that didn’t? I’m the youngest of 4, so I didn’t have that issue. I would imagine it would be tough to be in a pull-up at night and know your younger brother wasn’t!! How was it dealt with?
My twin sister and I both wet, I stopped around third grade and she stopped shortly after me. Our younger brother never wet the bed past pre-school but took a longer time ti potty train. Mom used to diaper up the three of us together at night all together, then eventually just my sister and I. She’d lay our Pull-up/Goodnite out on our bed and make sure we were both wearing it

I never had any siblings, I still managed to be a bedwetter and mum putting on my protection was always embarrassing. Luckily I was taught how to put it on correctly I was 10 (I wore tape on nappies/diapers back then, I always did, and I still do) , but I was always a bit ashamed of needing them and embarrassed for wearing them, still is. Mum passed away when I was 11, to those embarrassing moments are still very cherished memories...

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, gobphus and LittleAndAlone
BwBunny said:
I never had any siblings, but I still managed to be an ashamed and embarrassed bedwetter. Mum putting on my nighttime protection just before bedtime was always embarrassing. Luckily I was taught how to put it on correctly I was 10 (I wore tape on nappies/diapers back then, I always did, and I still do) , but I was always a bit ashamed of needing them and embarrassed for wearing them, still is. Mum passed away when I was 11, to those embarrassing moments are still very cherished memories...

I didn't have siblings but quite a few cousins who we used to spend a lot of time with. All my younger cousins were dry at night before me. It was humiliating sometimes to be the big cousin who was still in nappies.

Footielad said:
I didn't have siblings but quite a few cousins who we used to spend a lot of time with. All my younger cousins were dry at night before me. It was humiliating sometimes to be the big cousin who was still in nappies.
Fortunately I had a cousin two years older than me and he wet the bed until he was 17.

i have 1 younger brother - just less than 3 yrs younger. I was never dry at night growing up and was wetting the bed every night until i was 7. When my little bro came along i was still in diapers 24/7 as i wasn't fully day trained till i was 4 and so mom just kept buying me (and then him) diapers... just 2 different sizes. After being day trained, she just kept buying diapers for me as it was the routine... My brother started having dry nights before i did when he was 4 1/2 and he was out of diapers about 6 months before my bed wetting started to stop. We shared a bedroom and i feel like I was often treated down to his age; changed when he was changed, checked when he was, change table used, and diapered out of caution cause he was in them too. it was really hard when he didn't need them anymore and i became the baby of the house, but at least by that point i was out of pampers and trying goodnites and using ATNs but still mom was changning and checking my diapers every night.

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperkool, Lyric and 1 other person
Stacy said:
This was me growing up. I wet regularly until sometime after I turned 12, while none of my younger siblings wet past 5, so there were a number of years of them both having overcome it and being well aware that I hadn't, and sometimes I did take flak from them for it or have issues with them using it as leverage against me.

I was the dry, younger sibling in this scenario. I'm the youngest out of two; my elder sister (2 years older than I) wet the bed until she was about 7/8 years old wearing (as far as I remember) tape-on style nappies. I have no memory of ever really wetting my bed and from what I was told I was day/night potty trained before my second birthday.

We were always really close as children though and I don't remember ever really bringing it up to her at the time, then again, it was 25+ years ago lol

My parents did however give us both the option to wear a nappy when we drove regularly to visit my Grandparent's in Malaga (11 hour drive); never quite sure of their reasoning behind this though, was it for our comfort or theirs not having to stop the car as frequently?

Reactions: Diprs2, BwBunny and gobphus
RojasPuraVida said:
I was the dry, younger sibling in this scenario. I'm the youngest out of two; my elder sister (2 years older than I) wet the bed until she was about 7/8 years old wearing (as far as I remember) tape-on style nappies. I have no memory of ever really wetting my bed and from what I was told I was day/night potty trained before my second birthday.

We were always really close as children though and I don't remember ever really bringing it up to her at the time, then again, it was 25+ years ago lol

My parents did however give us both the option to wear a nappy when we drove regularly to visit my Grandparent's in Malaga (11 hour drive); never quite sure of their reasoning behind this though, was it for our comfort or theirs not having to stop the car as frequently?
If any or both of you ended up sleeping with a riek of wetting, I would get it. But since you never were a bedwetter, it makes no sense to me.
For your sister, it make much more sense, if she still was a bedwetter. But was it an option or a demand?

BwBunny said:
If any or both of you ended up sleeping with a riek of wetting, I would get it. But since you never were a bedwetter, it makes no sense to me.
For your sister, it make much more sense, if she still was a bedwetter. But was it an option or a demand?
The only was I can make it make sense is to think that it was more down to the way they were as people, they both detested authority/plans, but for both of us it was always the option, never a demand.

My sister was also always given the choice whether to wear the nappies at night or to have a waterproof cover on her bed.

Our parents were quite practical like that and it always felt like our opinions counted, although there was basically no order or discipline. They wouldn't stop us really from doing anything if we wanted to, we just had to face the consequences that came from our actions. Stay up all night and skip siesta live with being tired on the next morning kind of thing.

From when I was about nine my mother stopped cooking aside from our evening meal served around 10-11pm. If we wanted snacks after school/after afternoon naps, we had free reign over the kitchen and cooked for ourselves, and were encouraged to do so.

I've never quite understood why they gave me the option when it came to the nappies for trips to/from Malaga; Convenience/comfort? Laziness on their part not wanting to stop the car as often? Trying not to single out my sister or something? The logic always seemed faulty, probably they meant well, but faulty nonetheless.

Whatever the reasoning was, they still offered after my sister stopped wetting the bed and I don't remember ever getting a very satisfying answer as to why they did.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BwBunny
Stacy said:
I have two sisters, one older and one younger. My older sister wet the bed until she was in kindergarten (I think?) but my younger sister was always dry at night after she was potty trained. So yeah I was still wearing goodnites long after both my sisters were done wearing diapers.

• Love
Reactions: gobphus, Diprs2 and BwBunny
RojasPuraVida said:
The only was I can make it make sense is to think that it was more down to the way they were as people, they both detested authority/plans, but for both of us it was always the option, never a demand.

My sister was also always given the choice whether to wear the nappies at night or to have a waterproof cover on her bed.

Our parents were quite practical like that and it always felt like our opinions counted, although there was basically no order or discipline. They wouldn't stop us really from doing anything if we wanted to, we just had to face the consequences that came from our actions. Stay up all night and skip siesta live with being tired on the next morning kind of thing.

From when I was about nine my mother stopped cooking aside from our evening meal served around 10-11pm. If we wanted snacks after school/after afternoon naps, we had free reign over the kitchen and cooked for ourselves, and were encouraged to do so.

I've never quite understood why they gave me the option when it came to the nappies for trips to/from Malaga; Convenience/comfort? Laziness on their part not wanting to stop the car as often? Trying not to single out my sister or something? The logic always seemed faulty, probably they meant well, but faulty nonetheless.

Whatever the reasoning was, they still offered after my sister stopped wetting the bed and I don't remember ever getting a very satisfying answer as to why they did.
Did any of you chose to wear them at any time? If not, then it makes even less sense, especially after none of you wet the bed or had an accident.

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
Back