Bare diaper around the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xjokerx0

Contributor
Did anyone else’s parents let you run around with a diaper in and nothing else at home? My parents did it until I was about 6 years old. That was when I started night time wetting so i didn’t need them during the day.

Yeah, I was able to pretty much the whole time I was in diapers, that being up until 3.5.

Nope. My family is super proper when it comes to things like that. All the kids must be dressed well and well groomed. The farthest we dress down is around the house lounge wear unless in the privacy of the bathroom or our bedroom. I grew up looking at American kids like they're crazy, though I was a little curious as to why they walk around in their underwear with no shirt so casually.

Last edited:
Reactions: skunk053 and chrischrischris
Often! My parents were super laid back about being dressed down like that. I suppose it's less laundry to do if we weren't going anywhere :p

I would be in just a diaper at home a lot and when I was out of diapers I was only allowed to do be shirtless at home until I entered school. I totally hated that and didn't quite understand that why boys were allowed to take their shirts off to run around and swim and stuff, and I wasn't.

Reactions: KrankyPants and checkingoutall
0xjokerx0 said:
Did anyone else’s parents let you run around with a diaper in and nothing else at home? My parents did it until I was about 6 years old. That was when I started night time wetting so i didn’t need them during the day.
Do you mean pre-toilet training? If you're an infant needing a change 3 slash 4 times a day a sensible parent doesn't have you in lower half clothes in the house a lot.
-
BW

I've been incontinent from day one, and really was "allowed" to just wear a diaper as a bottom at home until I became self-conscious about it myself. It does make checks a lot easier! But by the time I was 10 or so I've always worn some sweatpants at minimum.

The exception was this heat wave! Desperate times call for desiaeate measures, our AC stopped working and we went without for three days. I was down to my diaper and a t-shirt.

Reactions: surprise35, Sparrow75, leafgoalie and 3 others
Yep, those were the good days. So many hot summer days when wearing nothing but a t-shift and a diaper was cool enough.

Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers, sidewinder400, skunk053 and 1 other person
No, but I do now

Reactions: Lyric and Cottontail
I have pictures somewhere of me around the age of 3 just wearing nothing but a diaper, but I think around the time I started kindergarten I was (already out of diapers by then, but-) expected to wear clothes all the time and stay covered unless I was in my bathroom or bedroom. I remember when my siblings were young they would always run around in their diapers as well until about the same time as well. It took a lot of getting used to my boyfriend who would not hesitate to walk around in literally nothing at all if he had the opportunity XD

Reactions: chrischrischris
Nope ... mom decided if they wouldnt run around in only underwear then the kids wouldn’t be in only diapers. So always shorts/onesie/romper - something over them. Even potty training we never did the bottom half make thing

No, my parents always thought that their kids should be clothed around the house. In all of my older photos I am wearing at the very least a cloth diaper, plastic pants, and t-shirt. Mostly fully clothed with overalls, etc.

Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers and chrischrischris
Not a problem most of the time. - There was an exception if it was known someone was coming by.
Then as I got a little older, if it was someone there to see me, my choice, but I would say about 98% of the time I did have something over my diaper anyway.

Reactions: chrischrischris
Times, they are a-changin'. I have lots of baby pictures of myself running around in nothing but a diaper. Similarly, when we went to the swimming pool, toddler boys and girls were all just wearing swim trunks. There were no bikini or leotard-style swimsuits for baby girls. Nowadays, if you take a baby girl to the swimming pool and don't cover her chest, you'll probably get thrown out. That, or other parents will give you dirty looks.

When my kids were babies, about ten years ago, we'd often leave them unclothed from the waist down, except for their diapers, when we were at home and we didn't have company. It was altogether easier, and there were fewer accidents because we could more readily tell when a diaper change was needed.

Last edited:
Indoors here at home I am in just a t-shirt and diaper.

Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers, thedlguy and skunk053
I assume that I used to. I wouldn't be surprised, since I've seen *plenty* of home videos of me running around in just a pull-up or undies (alas, some things never change).

Reactions: nwm
Totally, there are tons of pictures in the family photo albums of me like that. You have to remember that at my house when I was a kid, we didn't have central heating(no AC) so during the summer, it would get hot and humid(I live down in the southern US). The only way to cool off was to turn on ceiling fans.

Cottontail said:
Times, they are a-changin'. I have lots of baby pictures of myself running around in nothing but a diaper. Similarly, when we went to the swimming pool, toddler boys and girls were all just wearing swim trunks. There were no bikini or leotard-style swimsuits for baby girls. Nowadays, if you take a baby girl to the swimming pool and don't cover her chest, you'll probably get thrown out. That, or other parents will give you dirty looks.
Actual toddler girls are now not topless on nappy packaging. Feminism is great and I consider myself a feminist
...but it is not entirely correct if you can't let a child be a child, it ain't even prudish if you can't separate a child from a future sexual adult in my opinion

...it never feels 100% right getting this soapbox out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
BW
p.s sexual politics doesn't seem to be a big thing on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: CookieMonstah and nwm
I love to be dressed in my diaper without pants. I don't do it in public of course. Around my yard on a hot summer day just wearing my diaper while I mow the lawn or just sip a drink, I love it.

Reactions: thedlguy and Lyric
AlmostHelBent said:
Actual toddler girls are now not topless on nappy packaging. Feminism is great and I consider myself a feminist
...but it is not entirely correct if you can't let a child be a child, it ain't even prudish if you can't separate a child from a future sexual adult in my opinion

...it never feels 100% right getting this soapbox out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
BW
p.s sexual politics doesn't seem to be a big thing on this site.
We generally try to keep politics to the mature subjects section.

Reactions: CookieMonstah, WillFord384 and WeakEndPartyPerson
Little kid: Mostly wore either only a shirt and diapers, or only diapers.

Once I get to be able to wear diapers again, I will wear nothing but shirt and diapers, or only diapers

Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers, thedlguy and chrischrischris
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back