Baby Oil or butt paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZombifiedKitty said:
My preference is A+D if I think I'm going to be diapered for some time or have already been diapered a bunch. Alternates are baby oil gel as a close 2nd or baby lotion in 3rd place. Might be addicted to lavender baby powder >.>

Me too until I tried Refreshing Magnolia Petals.......

Barnboy said:
Also baby oil and any petroleum jelly like Vaseline can weaken plastics in diapers and cause a leak. Same warning with condoms. Not recommended if you are trying to prevent a leak.

If you use petroleum jelly in only the most sensitive areas then that is not likely going to be a problem. just make sure the petroleum jelly does not get into contact with the plastic parts of the diaper. You see if you put to much on then it will damage the plastic but it will not damage the SAP of a disposable diaper. So make sure it only comes into contact with the absorbent part of a disposable diaper. Now it could damage a reusable diaper but what are the odds that you will need a skin care product when you use only reusable diapers in the first place? I know people like that exist but usually you don't get skin problems for your typical run of the mill person who wears reusable diapers. There are skin care products that help people who use reusable diapers that don't damaged reusable diapers. But those skin care products are not going to be as effective as petroleum jelly. I know I use it all the time and I never had a leak yet (during the day time not at night) because I am a heavy wetter that uses disposables usually but I also have 6 reusable diapers as well that I don't bother using skin care products when I use them because I don't think I could get a rash even if I tried when wearing them. The reusable diapers are just a lot more likely to leak that's all(but I use hem only at night). I don't even usually use plastic pants during the daytime and only at night and I have no skin issues. It's about proper use of skin care products. There are next to no effective skin care products out there that will not damage plastic pants but you can prevent that from being a issue if you put the jelly on only in the areas where a rash is most likely to occur after cleaning your diaper area in the shower before you head out for the day. I learned about this from my primary doctor who went to college for 10 years and knows what she is talking about. I am also paranoid and I trust her explicitly which says something about how good she really is.

SquishyTushy said:
My literal method after cleaning my diaper area is this: Baby oil completely the whole area, next Baby lotion lightly the whole area but mostly cheeks and abdomen, then Desitin specifically the back door and all over the berries and in the valleys, then the whole area gets dusted with Baby powder and i am ready to tape up =D

Wow do you do that entire thing every time?

LittleAdam said:
Wow do you do that entire thing every time?

Well mostly every time...... , sometimes if i just wet or know i am only going to wet then i just powder up cause i know ill be changing soon anyways. However I do use that method every time i get into a 12+ hour diaper though cause nothing sucks like being stuck in a diaper while its uncomfortable.

SquishyTushy said:
Well mostly every time...... , sometimes if i just wet or know i am only going to wet then i just powder up cause i know ill be changing soon anyways. However I do use that method every time i get into a 12+ hour diaper though cause nothing sucks like being stuck in a diaper while its uncomfortable.

Totally. I use butt paste.

I use to use baby oil, but now I have found Johnson's baby oil jell. I have been using all then time and I all most never get bad rashes any more. it work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back