(Aus) Tena Slip Proskin Maxi Slip (Non IC Review )

SmolPupprrito

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So its been many years since i wore medical nappies, only back then it was out of necessity due to not being able to get access to ABDL nappies, so something was better than nothing.

Due to the price of ABU nappies here in Oz, and the warmer weather, i decided to purchace a few packs of a fairly common and *what i thought were* readily available brand of adult nappies, size medium( 28-42inch waist)

Dissapointment is the nicest way i can explain my feelings toward these..

As a guide, i am male, with a 34 inch waist, wear occasionally, mostly at home, rarely outside, wetting only, usually heavy.

Ratings:

Fit/comfort 1/5
no matter which way i position the tapes or how firm or loose, these sit uncomfortably tight around the crotch, and loose around the hips, i'm constantly adjusting the tapes, which are not strong at all, whether the first or after a few adjustments
Powder is a MUST for these to be bearable against my genitals
Double layering becomes excessively bulky, very noticable bulging under clothes and unavoidable waddling, i'm better off just wearing one ABDL nappy..

Containment 1/5
Odour control is practically non existant, as soon as you wet, and even compared to ABU cloth backed nappies, there is a strong scent, constantly lingering, not pleasent at all and makes you want to change alot more frequently
1, maximum 2 floodings is all i trust, and even then, squatting or sitting down feels very risky of leakage
Small wettings are about all i trust these with, prior to finishing off in a toilet
Even double padding doesnt feel secure

Price/availability 2/5
Cannot find these in store anywhere around sydney, needed to buy online from an independant store, 9 nappies to a pack, plus shipping, for a product that i wouldnt trust using less than 2 of at a time, just doesn't work out

Discreetness 4/5
About the only positive i can think of with these
No crinkling, minimal to no bulge, no noisy tapes, BUT is very limiting to confidence of use as mentioned in above ratings as compared to ABDL cloth or plastic backed nappies

Overall 2/5
i regret buying these and i feel deeply sorry for those who rely on these for medical needs
Will not be buying or using these again, will maybe use as stuffers to get rid of them, and just stick to forking out the extra for propper nappies.

I feel very spoilt for choice about any ABDL nappies from Crinklz, to Rearz to NrU's to Tykables ad of course my favourites,ABU's, and am very fortunate to be able to have access to these now adays, knowing that the likes of these Tena type nappies are what my options would be without them.

I enjoyed your review! As an IC, I use several tena maxi as my main diaper every day for medical purposes. It was the best choice for cost-effectiveness in daily use, and I don't By the way, when I just wear diapers and absorb a lot of urine, I wear plastic pants or training pants to prevent the absorbers from getting heavy and falling down. It has a feature that it doesn't smell as much as medical diapers in my country!
KakaoTalk_20221031_185359126.jpg
KakaoTalk_20221031_185350202.jpg

Reactions: Richardpampers and espectro
Cloth backed Tena's have been a disaster ever since they changed them.
The only ones still worth the price are the 'Active-Fit' (plastic backed) variety, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmolPupprrito and CptKirk
SmolPupprrito said:
So its been many years since i wore medical nappies, only back then it was out of necessity due to not being able to get access to ABDL nappies, so something was better than nothing.

Due to the price of ABU nappies here in Oz, and the warmer weather, i decided to purchace a few packs of a fairly common and *what i thought were* readily available brand of adult nappies, size medium( 28-42inch waist)

Dissapointment is the nicest way i can explain my feelings toward these..

As a guide, i am male, with a 34 inch waist, wear occasionally, mostly at home, rarely outside, wetting only, usually heavy.

Ratings:

Fit/comfort 1/5
no matter which way i position the tapes or how firm or loose, these sit uncomfortably tight around the crotch, and loose around the hips, i'm constantly adjusting the tapes, which are not strong at all, whether the first or after a few adjustments
Powder is a MUST for these to be bearable against my genitals
Double layering becomes excessively bulky, very noticable bulging under clothes and unavoidable waddling, i'm better off just wearing one ABDL nappy..

Containment 1/5
Odour control is practically non existant, as soon as you wet, and even compared to ABU cloth backed nappies, there is a strong scent, constantly lingering, not pleasent at all and makes you want to change alot more frequently
1, maximum 2 floodings is all i trust, and even then, squatting or sitting down feels very risky of leakage
Small wettings are about all i trust these with, prior to finishing off in a toilet
Even double padding doesnt feel secure

Price/availability 2/5
Cannot find these in store anywhere around sydney, needed to buy online from an independant store, 9 nappies to a pack, plus shipping, for a product that i wouldnt trust using less than 2 of at a time, just doesn't work out

Discreetness 4/5
About the only positive i can think of with these
No crinkling, minimal to no bulge, no noisy tapes, BUT is very limiting to confidence of use as mentioned in above ratings as compared to ABDL cloth or plastic backed nappies

Overall 2/5
i regret buying these and i feel deeply sorry for those who rely on these for medical needs
Will not be buying or using these again, will maybe use as stuffers to get rid of them, and just stick to forking out the extra for propper nappies.

I feel very spoilt for choice about any ABDL nappies from Crinklz, to Rearz to NrU's to Tykables ad of course my favourites,ABU's, and am very fortunate to be able to have access to these now adays, knowing that the likes of these Tena type nappies are what my options would be without them.

Hi..can you please suggest a medical nappy that is readily available in Sydney.
Are there any AB aware medical supply shops in Sydney?

bubbyjamie3 said:
Not that i know of sorry, thats why i just stick with ordering from ABuniverse

Theres Littles Downunder in Brisbane, who does discrete delivery. Lots of ABDL stuff and variety. ABU is only ABU, but LDU is lots of Rearz, Tykables, Bambino, Crinklz etc, cloth nappies, pants, clothes, accessories. There is an ABDL webstore in Sydney, but I’ve forgotten the name. Onesies Downunder is good for cute and quality onesies. There are a few medical (non-ABDL) suppliers I use (Independence Australia is one) for some nappy supplies, lotions etc.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha
ozziebee said:
Theres Littles Downunder in Brisbane, who does discrete delivery. Lots of ABDL stuff and variety. ABU is only ABU, but LDU is lots of Rearz, Tykables, Bambino, Crinklz etc, cloth nappies, pants, clothes, accessories. There is an ABDL webstore in Sydney, but I’ve forgotten the name. Onesies Downunder is good for cute and quality onesies. There are a few medical (non-ABDL) suppliers I use (Independence Australia is one) for some nappy supplies, lotions etc.
Thanks

ozziebee said:
Thanks

bubbyjamie3 said:

Your best bet for getting quality diapers in Sydney is online. As mentioned above here are the places I order from
Littles down under (Brisbane but free shipping on alot of orders)
Down under care (same store as littles just the medical branding and fewer options)
my online medical supplies - wherehouse based in Sydney
my abdl supplies

All of those sites have a pretty good range... I mostly order from littles down under.... Note it shows up as something non discript on your credit card / bank statement so you don't have to worry about that

MaxSyd said:
Your best bet for getting quality diapers in Sydney is online. As mentioned above here are the places I order from
Littles down under (Brisbane but free shipping on alot of orders)
Down under care (same store as littles just the medical branding and fewer options)
my online medical supplies - wherehouse based in Sydney
my abdl supplies

All of those sites have a pretty good range... I mostly order from littles down under.... Note it shows up as something non discript on your credit card / bank statement so you don't have to worry about that
Hi, thankyou for the info on the nappies

So I don't know whats available in your area but unless you try something on the higher absorbency end like Abena, Seni, Molicare (been few yrs since I tried them), Northshore, Betterdry, your basically setting yourself up for failure & honestly there really isn't many medical brands that can compete or comparable. Everyone has their opinions and not crapping on your post. But your taking something that is maybe max 1000ml under ideal & comparing to something that 4500+ml also depending where you live cost per diaper is prob drastically less like Tena Super is US top of the line is roughly $1.25 each think ABU starts at $3

I want to say Seni, & Abena are available in EU and other area's but even than it's like these though I can order plastic backed Tena Slips Ultima & Maxi from Canada that style isn't available in the US & have heard Tena in particular stopped plastic backed in some countries but after many complaints or requests they will be offering them soon. But it's like Abena they jumped on the cloth like only band wagon and but kept the plastic backed but now instead of being called XPlus their called Comfort.

But I do think or wondering if you can get a higher end medical line that would be cheaper than Abu. I mainly know USD figures but most quality start between $1.60-2.60 on avg

Thanks for your detailed answer

Reactions: ParaRomeo
bubbyjamie3 said:
Thanks for your detailed answer
BJ3 & OP; I couldn't sleep so did some looking but by far no expert! So medical ones it seems like ID Maxi Slip has max absorbency close by to Abena but both are cloth backed & under 4000ml but with converting AU-USD both in the $1.50-2.00 USD think ID was $1.57usd/$2.34au think site was Independence Australia. But another site down under care which advertised abdl brands of what was in stock(more familiar with Rearz products) the prices seemed on par with US prices(& alot seem to include shipping). It does seem depending on the site your options are limited but if I remember correctly even in the US abu & tykables though great reviews on higher end price wise so potentially check out other brands also while doing research did see few on eBay which offered international shipping which is another idea.

Also another idea though I understand your not wearing for medical but for me I mainly have 3 category of diapers I use routinely. So I have boosters are used in most, but have my daily go to diapers, I have a cheaper midgrade medical diaper usually good for under 3hrs than I use a specialty diaper which is something Rearz. So maybe you look for something as a usable product and something for special occasions

Cheers Mate(think that's proper )

Reactions: MaxSyd
I can't believe the trouble you go to with your answers. It is a wonderful help. Thanks mate. (Yes you are correct...mate is proper).

Back