Are you too afraid to wear in public but want to?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've seen several posts where people say they want to wear in public (mall, work, college, movies..) but are too nervous or are afraid they will get called out.

Do you wear out in public with no worries, or do you not wear a diaper when you go out due to fear?

Ever since I got my onesie I wear with confidence and wear a diaper anywhere I go, when I can! (work, mall, dinner, around people visiting for an hour...)

I’m confident in wearing my diapers in public as long as it’s not around anybody I know personally. If I wear to work, I’m a little more on edge because I see those people daily and I would hate for them to find out.

Reactions: Silversnell and MegaMaxx
I wear in public out of pure necessity. Since last summer, I have been bladder and bowel incontinent due to a ruptured disc in my lower back. I was concerned when I first started wearing in public, but I am no longer concerned because I have accidents every time I leave home and my diapers keep everything very well contained.

Not me. I've been wearing in public for a long time and recently made the leap to true 24/7 when I started wearing and using and changing at work. When I think about it, I'll even tug the back of my diaper out of my underwear a little bit...although it always rides up on its own over time anyway. My final hurdle will be coming out to close family (my sister knows, but not everything) and coworkers.

I'm pretty comfortable wearing out, mostly at work. I have multiple service sites so I have the luxury of not being anywhere long enough to know anyone. My go-to is Tranquility ATN with a Topline booster. The bulk and crinkle can be present at times but I think it's concealed pretty well. I don't really care due to the lack of personal relationship with anyone and distance from home. I change at retail stores, fast food, service plazas, gas stations, etc with very little care as well. It took years but I think the GP isn't as concerned with us as we think. I don't go out of my way to conceal under stalls, disposal etc either.

I was pretty comfortable in most situations before I started on 24/7 stints. I've been doing it now for years on and off and I'm at my ease in most conditions by this point.

I am relatively comfortable wearing in public, but I do take my day's activities into account.

I was scared some one would notice my diaper when I first started to wear but now after 4.5 of being diapered 24/7 its a non issue, when I think back to the beginning of my Bladder issue and I was wearing real fit for men pullups and I thought people would notice them now I wear Betterdry or Crinklz diapers 24/7 and think nothing of it is amazing what we get use to.

Reactions: Jim100
I don't give 2 hoots about wearing out and about , I've got a contoured cloth with booster and plastic pants on and only wearing shorts and a T shirt so diaper bulge is there for all to see as is any leaks or expanding bum due to me filling it :oops: :oops:

Being IC, I have no choice. The first few times, I was keenly aware of every crinkle and worried that others would notice, but soon realized no one notices or, at least, seems to care. I wear whatever I need to to keep dry and prevent leaks. and my level of "stealth" depends on how much protection I need, what I am doing, and who I will be around. Some days I am very "bulky" and pretty obviously diapered (shopping, running errands, etc), while others (meetings, speaking engagements, etc.) a Better Dry/Crinklz or MegaMax does the trick, and is as discrete as I can get. At this point, I really don't care if anyone notices or knows of my issues. I do the best I can with the hand I have been dealt - it just so happens the hand I've been dealt is covered in a thick diaper at all times!

Reactions: chuck and Jim100
I do wear in public and to work on occasion
I actually love the risk - and thrill of being diapered and wet in public
I have never been caught YET - but I would LOVE being caught although it would be very humiliating .....

Reactions: 49beachdipe
I've been diapered since Wednesday night and I wont be getting out of these until Monday morning, I use to be nervous about going out and about in diapers, I would wear a plain onesie under my regular clothes and be nervous about bulges and lines being seen. I have to say that even a thicker dry diaper doesn't really show and unless your flaunting yourself generally the public doesnt care.
Right now its close to 90 deg outside, I'm in a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt wearing a kiddo diaper (which is way thin compared to other diapers that are on the market) and not at all worried about being seen / exposed.

• Love
Reactions: rdadvb59
I'm not handsome nor charming so I'm not worried about anyone visually checking me out. When I'm out padded, I wear my winter pants which are either flannel or fleece lined and a size larger. A long shirt or onesie hides the diapertop. Don't worry, people don't look. Everyone has their own things to worry about.

I'd like to, but too afraid. I work pretty close to a lot of people and would never want anyone to know. I'd love to wear more often but fear keeps it to being in private

I'd wear goodnite type diapers under my pants but not poofy ones in public.

Reactions: Silversnell and rdadvb59
For diapers, not really due to the bulge, but instead I wear goodnites outside and I'm comfortable with it~ Although you might feel nervous doing it for first timers, but just ignore the stares of others and go about with your normal life and it'll slip your mind eventually. :)

When I first started wearing diapers out in public I was scared every one would be able to tell I was diapered, soon realized no one noticed, so I became bolder and started wearing thicker diapers, if anyone noticed no one said a thing.
Fast forward a few years, had myself a serious accident, damaged my spine and killed off a bunch of nerves.
Now what I once wanted ( the actual need to wear) came true, now I need to wear diapers due to loss of bladder control, and once again the fear of being caught in a diaper while out in public.
After a month or two of having wetting and messing accidents while out and about and no one either noticing or saying anything my fear disappeared.
Today, I no longer worry if I’m caught wearing a diaper or if it is wet or messy when out in public.
I used to take great pains to hide the fact I wore diapers, nowadays I just diaper up, put on my pants and if someone notices , so what.

Reactions: tndl and rdadvb59
depends4me said:
Not me. I've been wearing in public for a long time and recently made the leap to true 24/7 when I started wearing and using and changing at work. When I think about it, I'll even tug the back of my diaper out of my underwear a little bit...although it always rides up on its own over time anyway. My final hurdle will be coming out to close family (my sister knows, but not everything) and coworkers.
I don't think you should say anything to co workers since work places are generally just full of people who love to just gossip and tell everyone anything they see or hear

I've worn everyday for the last 2 years and no one at work has said anything, I really don't care and would rather be seen in a diaper then in wet pants at work , I was spotting my pants every time I went to the rest room and that is when i went 24/7 I do not wear a large thick diaper during the day but what i wear takes care of any leaks and dribbles to a full release if allowed to release slowly. I love the fact that i can just let go a bit over the course of the day instead of going to the bathroom 10 or 12 times a day.

Reactions: Jim100 and rdadvb59
I do wear with pants on in public and wet right in the middle of everybody. I leak if I wet 4 or 5 times, but I'm in a wheelchair, nobody can see it. I just wish on these hot days I could go out barefoot in just a diaper like I do around the house, that would be great. It gets HOT out there. Katie

Reactions: Jinks, ChocChip and rdadvb59
Back