Sterling

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
At a precursory glance, I didn't see anyone else posting about this.

So I was wondering if anyone else enjoyed or at least had a soft spot for edutainment games?
As a kid, I always wanted a Sega Pico and, as an adult, I finally got one. It's everything I've hoped for!
While the V-Smile came out when I was WAY too old for it, my cousin had one and I always secretly wanted to play with it. I must have been 12-15 during that time and could never bring myself to admit to anyone that I wanted to play a console meant for 7 year olds AT THE OLDEST
So I got one of them too. It's one of the more affordable consoles if only for how common it was and how few people want them nowadays! I've gotten games for as little as 1-2 bucks each when purchasing lots!
(Now to find a V-Smile Baby lmao)

I also LOVE old computer games! The Humongous Entertainment games are a classic along with both Jumpstart and Reader Rabbit! I also highly enjoyed the Super Solvers series.

Do you have any favorite games or systems that fit this category? I'd LOVE to get some more recommendations! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: VeiledDevotee and Cottontail
Hip HIP

ZOOOOMBIIIIIIINIIIIIII

I have some nostalgie towards games like: pajama sam, spy fox, freddi fish and putt putt.
But besides that i dont really know anything near that genre of games.
Nor am i sure they even belong in that group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
Love playing Zoombinis & the Oregon Trail.
I have Mario Teaches Typing. Several hidden object games by Artifex Mundi.

For EC rated learning games:
On Gameboy Color, I play Bob the Builder: Fix it Fun, Dragon Tails (2 different games).
I need to get my hands on a few Sesame Street games on N64 & NES.

Reactions: Cottontail
Does Ticket to Ride (board game) count? If not for all the hours I’ve spent playing that game, I probably wouldn’t be able to find Duluth or Sault St. Marie on a map. :)

I was never into educational video games though. I grew up in the 80s, and I remember my sixth grade teacher offering Oregon Trail (Apple II version) for extra credit. The school library had a row of Franklin Ace 1000s (Apple II clones) along one wall in the , each with a glorious amber monochrome screen. I had an Atari 2600 and a Nintendo (NES) at home, so you can probably imagine how eager I was to play an all-orange game using a keyboard, ha ha.

My Dad later bought us “Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?” for the Mac. We had a Mac SE at the time, so a nine-inch screen with black-and-white graphics. It became the computer I learned to code on, so in hindsight I appreciate it a lot, but a game machine it wasn’t. I couldn’t get into the point-and-click games until I got SimCity on the Amiga years later, and I don’t know… Calling SimCity “edutainment” feels like a stretch. The internet is divided on the subject. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: VeiledDevotee
When my sister and I were little, we'd play flash games on the websites of Nick Jr., Playhouse Disney, and PBS Kids. A lot of those games were intended to be educational in nature. Good times.

Reactions: KittyninjaW
PrettyLilPrincess said:
When my sister and I were little, we'd play flash games on the websites of Nick Jr., Playhouse Disney, and PBS Kids. A lot of those games were intended to be educational in nature. Good times.
You could use flashpoint to play alot of them again. Just throwing it out there.

Reactions: VeiledDevotee
Anyway, yes to an extent. I was more into the shows but I liked a lot of the flash games on Pbs Kids and Pbs Kids Go.

KittyninjaW said:
You could use flashpoint to play alot of them again. Just throwing it out there.
I've actually discovered a site called numuki.com where I played a lot of them again. It certainly brought back a lot of memories!

Reactions: VeiledDevotee and KittyninjaW
KittyninjaW said:
PrettyLilPrincess said:
I've actually discovered a site called numuki.com where I played a lot of them again. It certainly brought back a lot of memories!
Both of these responses where helpful. Thanks a lot!!!

VeiledDevotee said:
Both of these responses where helpful. Thanks a lot!!!
You're welcome.

Reactions: Sterling
I do a lot of coloring, hidden object games. There was also a period I did abcmouse.com for a bit.

Last edited:
Oh goodness, I'm so excited to check some of these out!

@Cottontail Oh dang that's bringing back some memories! Oddly enough, my middle school in the early 2000s still kept a few Apple II computers up and running Oregon Trail, Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego?, Number Munchers, etc.

And while I'd debate on if SimCity is edutainment, Is definitely consider adding some of the other Sims games to that list. (SimPark and SimSafari come to mind in particular!)

I've yet to okay Ticket to Ride, but I'm an avid board game fan and should do so Sooner or later. :)

@KittyninjaW and @PrettyLilPrincess Thanks so much for the flash alternatives! So much media has been lost and I can't wait to revisit some old favorites!

@mistykitty I've been considering trying abcmouse! How is it?

Reactions: KittyninjaW, PrettyLilPrincess and Cottontail
Sterling said:
I've yet to okay Ticket to Ride, but I'm an avid board game fan and should do so Sooner or later. :)
Four out of five carrots! 🤭 An easy-to-learn, fun game. Wife and I play it a lot. (It's less fun when our youngest plays, because he doesn't care about winning and just likes to block people. It's almost like introducing natural disasters into the game.) If you decide to try it, get the original USA/Canada version and the USA 1910 expansion pack straight off. We also have the Europe version. It's a completely different game though, not just a different map. I haven't managed to warm up to it.

Sterling said:
Oh goodness, I'm so excited to check some of these out!

@Cottontail Oh dang that's bringing back some memories! Oddly enough, my middle school in the early 2000s still kept a few Apple II computers up and running Oregon Trail, Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego?, Number Munchers, etc.

And while I'd debate on if SimCity is edutainment, Is definitely consider adding some of the other Sims games to that list. (SimPark and SimSafari come to mind in particular!)

@KittyninjaW and @PrettyLilPrincess Thanks so much for the flash alternatives! So much media has been lost and I can't wait to revisit some old favorites!
You're wewelcome. Glad I can help.

Yes yes yes!!! Love these kind of games!!! I especially love Humongous Entertainment games 💙

It's not edutainment, but I love playing both games I've played as a kid, and ones that just look old. A weird dual-nostalgia. Old flash games and especially PopCap stuff like Peggle, Peggle I have a mental soft spot for. Fun game, and it feels like childhood.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedCub
burrit087 said:
It's not edutainment, but I love playing both games I've played as a kid, and ones that just look old. A weird dual-nostalgia. Old flash games and especially PopCap stuff like Peggle, Peggle I have a mental soft spot for. Fun game, and it feels like childhood.
Peggle!!! Omg I love that game

I revisited some childhood "learning" games I played in elementary school. Oregon Trail, Adventure Alpha, and The Islands of Beta.

The last two were this side challenge in this gifted class I went to and I was the first one to solve them. Would have been like 3rd or 4th grade I think. 👉👈🤭

Back