Any petticoat fans here?

BobbiSueEllen said:
After this arrives...

...I wanna measure the skirt height and buy a white petticoat which just peeks under...and gives a very light puff so I can sit in my rocking chair comfortably...and, when I stand up, lets my diaper & diaper cover peek-a-boo from just below the hem. Every baby girl needs at least one petticoat. 🥰
I got this one, but in all white! ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Bipippa, Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
BuddyBoy said:
These were known as crinolines in the 1950's- very popular. you are right on the money. Enjoy!
I was a child then and my mother stored her crinoline petticoat in my closet. Of course I wore it when I was alone.

Reactions: OnePiece, richieboy and Angelapinks
BobbiSueEllen said:
After this arrives...

...I wanna measure the skirt height and buy a white petticoat which just peeks under...and gives a very light puff so I can sit in my rocking chair comfortably...and, when I stand up, lets my diaper & diaper cover peek-a-boo from just below the hem. Every baby girl needs at least one petticoat. 🥰
Keep,in mind, you can generally move the bottom up and down by just shifting where you are wearing it on your person. In my experience.
Pattie

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
sissybaby34 said:
I love petticoats. I have a multi layer one on under the dress in my avatar image. A couple of mine here along with pants and tights.View attachment 107479
I have one small one for under my pleated skirt and white blouse. I also wear ruffled plastic panties underneath.

Reactions: PaddedRita, Seasonedcitizen, Trina and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
After this arrives...

That's adorable! You're gonna look a proper little sweetheart in that, especially if you get that petticoat.

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
MummysLittleSissy said:
That's adorable! You're gonna look a proper little sweetheart in that, especially if you get that petticoat.
Aw, thank you! Looking back to when I was a little boy in the late '60s and into the '70s, lots of little girls dressed like that on school picture day or at parties. I half wanted to kiss them, half wanted to dress like them; a few girls dressed like that gave me hugs, even a small kiss or two. It felt very nice when it happened.

Times changed...girls' fashions changed. Then the only girls who dressed like that were toddlers, like my much-younger cousins. And, of course, at parties I'd play with all the little kids, pick 'em up, lug 'em around...and always got hugs & kisses from the girls. It was a happy time. 🤗🥰 And that's why I'm a hardcore vintage baby girl. 🥳

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, MummysLittleSissy, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
All the frills...
20230430_131601.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Bellybag58, SissyDinNappies, Bipippa and 6 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
Aw, thank you! Looking back to when I was a little boy in the late '60s and into the '70s, lots of little girls dressed like that on school picture day or at parties. I half wanted to kiss them, half wanted to dress like them; a few girls dressed like that gave me hugs, even a small kiss or two. It felt very nice when it happened.

Times changed...girls' fashions changed. Then the only girls who dressed like that were toddlers, like my much-younger cousins. And, of course, at parties I'd play with all the little kids, pick 'em up, lug 'em around...and always got hugs & kisses from the girls. It was a happy time. 🤗🥰 And that's why I'm a hardcore vintage baby girl. 🥳
I grew up in the late 50's and early 60's and I wanted to dress like that all the time. I got away with it sometimes as well but when I nearly got caught by mum or dad I stopped for awhile.

Reactions: PaddedRita and Seasonedcitizen
Anybody else like black petticoats? They work with all-black outfits, of course..

Attachments

• IMG_3813.JPG
    IMG_3813.JPG
    574.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 75402, Patricia48, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
Janetsy77 said:
Anybody else like black petticoats? They work with all-black outfits, of course..
Janetsy, I think you look lovely in your back petticoat. Thanks for giving us "boys" a peek.

Reactions: Janetsy77, Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
*Rase's hand * Me! I don't know if I would wear one all the time but I love the idea of one. To be honest I would love the fact that it sticks out everywhere and I would love to wear one. Especially with a diaper and princess crown.😊

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:

Ah, a girl after my own heart. I remember those times too, falling in love with the little girls and their wrapping. It was a time when little girls dressed like little girls, sweet and innocent, and not like mini-adults. I wanted to dress and be like the girls so much it ached. Was it really such a crime to want to be soft and feminine and play gentle games with the girls? Apparently so. :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, Seasonedcitizen, KittyninjaW and 2 others
I made my own petticoat a few years ago.

I bought some lace curtain material, I think about 5m of it. I chose 20” drop, if I remember correctly. And then I bought a piece of knicker elastic, enough to go round my waist.

Then I bent a coat hanger so that it held the elastic fully stretch, and then sewed the material to the elastic, round and round.

I think it got to maybe ten layers, and of course when the elastic was taken off the hanger it made the net go all bunched, so it stuck out at about 45 degrees when I wore it.

I used to wear it with a little black organza skirt and patterned or fishnet tights.

The net used to lightly catch on my tights when I moved, and there’d be about an inch of petticoat exposed below my skirt line.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 75402, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 2 others
I used to have this pink petticoat, but not any more :(

Attachments

• 1h.jpg
    1h.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 75402, SissyDinNappies, Bipippa and 5 others
I just want to say how nice it is for so many of us to be showing off our "pretties" to each other. I was brought up to show my panties to girls but to be modest with boys. Anybody else?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
Janetsy77 said:
How come? Lose it during a purge cycle? You need another one, great picture.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Hi Janetsy, I'm just recent member here... and your lovely posts are certainly beautiful... LOVE your look in the petticoats... and diapers... !
best,
sissyBabyDonna

Reactions: Janetsy77, Angelapinks, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Twenty years ago when I was thinner, I could wear a child’s petticoat under my dresses for fluffing out the dress and showing a little trim of the petticoat.

Reactions: Abnalover, Trina and Angelapinks
Janetsy77 said:
ever buy or wear onsies? Do they have a snap crotch or are thy like a leotard?? I usally like to wear a panty girdle or granny panties control, over my wet diapers.

Reactions: OnePiece and sissyBabyDonna
Back