Any Nuclear plant workers?

goodnitelvr10

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any fellow nuclear plant workers on here? I’ve always been curious of any of my fellow nukes come home after and enjoy the pleasure of a diaper after our long shifts?

I’m at Catawba nuclear station right now. Anyone else on this particular outage?

Reactions: oldskool, iluvdps2, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
goodnitelvr10 said:
Any fellow nuclear plant workers on here?
Not me, but the university (Washington State) I attended had a student-run nuclear reactor, and one of my roommates was an operator. That was in the early/mid 90s. I got to take a tour, look down into the reactor pool, as see the core surrounded by its eerie blue glow. (Of course, it was nothing like an energy production reactor.) I've also toured B Reactor at the Hanford Site in Washington, which was probably the best/coolest/spookiest tour I've ever gone on.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
Thats so awesome that you were able to see that. Not many people are able to experience that eerie blue glow. I’ve seen it dozens of times now but I still am so mesmerized by it.

I’ve gotten to do inspections on top of a half dozen reactor heads and even reached in to a couple to do a few different different tasks obviously not while in use!!)

The stuff that goes on behind the scenes is just wild.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldskool, Cottontail and PaigeCherubiel
I worked in the computer lab of my schools energy center. University of Massachusetts in Lowell. Got to go into the reactor once and saw the blue light as well.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and goodnitelvr10
I think if I worked there, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you.

I dont work in nuclear, but man nuclear power is sooo cool! I heard actually working in one can be pretty boring though. Nuclear workers definitely deserve nice cushy padding after a hard day of work!

Chimera said:
I dont work in nuclear, but man nuclear power is sooo cool! I heard actually working in one can be pretty boring though. Nuclear workers definitely deserve nice cushy padding after a hard day of work!
There are definitely some boring times! Lots of waiting around. You get used to it but it can get annoying

You guys need lead diapers for the radiation.

• Haha
Reactions: Diaperman95, geka, DiaperBooted and 2 others
I was a pipe fitter helper helped build a plant in Texas when I was 19.

Reactions: Diaperman95
I never worked at a reactor, but I spent my entire career doing jobs like Lab Tech and HP Tech at a DOE site. 😇

Reactions: goodnitelvr10
PaigeCherubiel said:
I never worked at a reactor, but I spent my entire career doing jobs like Lab Tech and HP Tech at a DOE site. 😇
Very cool!

foxkits said:
I was a pipe fitter helper helped build a plant in Texas when I was 19.
South Texas project maybe or Comanche Peak? Those are the only ones I have been to in Texas.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Chimera said:
It's true, it is very boring work most of the time. Nobody ever wants to have "an exciting day" in the control room of a nuclear reactor.
And yes, padding up after a long day is the best feeling.

• Haha
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
Tenawearer said:
You guys need lead diapers for the radiation.
Thanks Mikey, an attempt at humour.

Reactions: MikeyInNappies
Tenawearer said:
Thanks Mikey, an attempt at humour.
It certainly made me laugh! 😂 Lead diapers? Umm, that would bring a new context to the feeling ‘this diaper is getting a bit heavy!’ 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: moorey
Very good.

In a fitter, that does regular outage work in the Midwest. If I don't feel like taking off a few weeks after layoff of my current job, I might take a jab at the nuke circuit for the spring summer fall.

Dakota13 said:
In a fitter, that does regular outage work in the Midwest. If I don't feel like taking off a few weeks after layoff of my current job, I might take a jab at the nuke circuit for the spring summer fall.
I was told the big money was oil wells.

foxkits said:
I was told the big money was oil wells.
Just depends on what you wanna do, between working steady 48 hours a week and two separate outages, I made 107k this year. But I'm also a journeyman.

Last edited:
No but I see the clouds that nuclear station puts out. I take my jetski out on Wylie occasionally. Usually up on Mountain Island though closer to McGuire.

Last edited:
Reactions: goodnitelvr10
Back