ABDL and being a parent

DownUnderRoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As a father, I try to keep my ABDL interests completely away from my children. There are no diapers / ABDL accessories in the house, the subject is not brought up and obviously they don't have access to my digital stuff. I feel it was hard enough for me to grow up with this interest. From a scientific point of view, it's all genetic though.

Have you ever had suspicions that (one of) your children might develop similar ABDL interests? I found "poopy diaper" in the YouTube video search history of my nine year old and was shocked. Didn't talk about it, though. YouTube lead him to this? Did he have an inherited interest? Ever discussed ABDL with your kids?

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, Canadianfalls, Cottontail and 2 others
I have children and i dont have any of my abdl stuff where they can find it im not sure if any them of will devolop to be a diaper lover or adult baby or both but if they do i wouldnt care to be h9nest i have brought my kids up and and told them to be who and what they want to be because if they supress it they wont be happy and it will cos them problems if i found anything they searched for i wouldnt confront them i would bring it up in a round about way basically saying there is nothing wrong eith it xxx

Reactions: diaperedmom, denimchicken, Canadianfalls and 4 others
Keep your abdl life Seperate like you are doing
kids search for silly things on the computer all the time
and at age 9 poop is funny

Reactions: diaperedmom, Joeysms, BuffedBaby and 6 others
I’ve definitely suspected 2 of my kids. Just from an interest in wearing after potty training. But I try to be flexible and nonchalant about it and they both gave it up on their own.
I agree with the previous comment. Kids look up weird stuff. Maybe they thought it would be funny videos.

Reactions: diaperedmom
I can't think of any way being ABDL would affect your(and by extension your whole household for some reason) ads aside from getting ads for baby diapers, baby food, etc. when you don't have any babies of that age at the time, so I'd guess it's just kids finding potty humor funny

Reactions: diaperedmom
I also separete every ABDL thing from my children, I think it's the best way. I haven't experienced any strange interest in diapers in them ( unlike me, my mom knew my kink when I was 6) but if they did it, I would try to be honest with them.

Reactions: diaperedmom, BuffedBaby, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
Recently found out my mom had and used baby bottles up until she went to college. Maybe it’s genetic, maybe it’s not, but ultimately people will do what makes them happy.

Reactions: diaperedmom, Babynie, Subtlerustle and 3 others
i'm not a parent, but i do know that my mom had "little" interests clear up until right before she passed away, she always had kid's coloring books and toys and hobbies, and watched cartoons all day long. not sure what to make of it if it's genetic or just a coincidence!

Reactions: diaperedmom, LiddleBigBoy and Woncrinklz
diaperpup said:
i'm not a parent, but i do know that my mom had "little" interests clear up until right before she passed away, she always had kid's coloring books and toys and hobbies, and watched cartoons all day long. not sure what to make of it if it's genetic or just a coincidence!
It depends on when they were born. What decade. I can only speak for the decades I know. I find people born in the '60s-'70s love watching cartoons. But the TV back then was awful boring because it was UHF/VHF, so we were happy to get cartoons in the evening. I even recall Betty Boop! :ROFLMAO:You DON'T want to know what I was doing at the time it aired, that's TMI.😇(It WAS in the early '80s) All I recall is a friend saying, "Boop-boop-bee-boop!" as I was "somewhere else"

The Evolution of Betty Boop | Arts & Culture| Smithsonian ...

Reactions: PaddedPonyboy
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If they do have a interest in to diapers I would probably keep a eye on them making sure there not stealing diapers from store's or diaper bags. Make sure they know they can come to you if anything there's anything that's bothering them and if diapers do come up it's really up to you on how you want to handle it.

I have children and I keep that separate from them and their lives. I don't believe they show any interest with ABDL, but I think one of my god daughters might. A couple of years ago our good friends came to visit us for a week and they have 2 daughters who were the same age as my kids( they're parents asked my wife and I to be their kids godparents), the oldest girl was potty trained for the day time, but wore diapers overnight, I actually mean diapers and not pull up because her younger sister was a toddler (a little over 2 and wasn't potty trained yet.) Her parents thought it was more cost-effective to put there oldest in her sister's diaper since they wore the same size. Every morning they were here the oldest always woke up with a full diaper and would not take it off herself. She wasn't bother by it, and would argue with her parents to take it when getting dressed. For some reason her parents still dressed her in the morning even though she's fully capable of getting herself dressed. She sucked her thumbs a bit too, especially if she was tired or out of boredom.

• Thinking
Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy
DownUnderRoo said:
As a father, I try to keep my ABDL interests completely away from my children. There are no diapers / ABDL accessories in the house, the subject is not brought up and obviously they don't have access to my digital stuff. I feel it was hard enough for me to grow up with this interest. From a scientific point of view, it's all genetic though.

Have you ever had suspicions that (one of) your children might develop similar ABDL interests? I found "poopy diaper" in the YouTube video search history of my nine year old and was shocked. Didn't talk about it, though. YouTube lead him to this? Did he have an inherited interest? Ever discussed ABDL with your kids?
It makes me very thankful that I didn’t and my children didn’t have the internet available to them in the way that it and social media are today. I can’t begin to imagine the trouble that I could’ve gotten into if what’s available today was around over half a century ago!

DownUnderRoo said:

As a DL with children, I wore diapers around the house as the kids grew up. They thought it was normal. I didn't do anything sexual, messy, or otherwise. I wore cloth diapers just because I liked wearing diapers since age ten.

Eventually, my kids learned in school that it was not normal for adults to wear diapers. This caused issues for them as they adjusted to the teasing of others about a father who wore diapers. In some cases, however, it attracted friends of theirs to want to know me better, but I kept my distance. I did, and still do, everything I can to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

My family and neighbors all know I wear diapers. I am not concerned that my clothes bulge when I walk outside.

My kids grew up knowing that I wore diapers, but I do not know whether they had a similar interest. It was not my business to inquire into their sexual behavior.

I do not think it is a good idea to imagine what the kids think or otherwise snoop on them. Just teach them how to make good decisions and always act upon what they think is right, regardless of what others think. Each individual must learn that life is a series of choices and that happiness and good health come from making the right choices. This process begins at birth.

Diapers mean a lot to me, but I realize they are irrelevant to most people. When people want to ask me questions about my wearing diapers, I will engage with them, but I do not attempt to influence people one way or the other on the issue, including my kids.

Reactions: TrueHero, mammalun, PaddedPonyboy and 1 other person
Funny you mention this. My daughter wets her pants sometimes on accident. So last night jokingly I said “want me to put you in diapers?”
Not sure if she was joking back, but she replied with “Yes”

Reactions: Babynie, DownUnderRoo, Lilschoolfox and 1 other person
My daughter was pissing in her room when she was 6 and 7 and I thought maybe she was wetting the bed and hiding it, I checked her sheets and n yellow spots. I checked her mattress and no urine stain. Her blankets reeked of urine and her clothes and I never felt so mad in my life. It was disgusting. She even had urine soaked towels in there with dried up urine because it reeked of piss and her panties. I asked her if she was having a medical issue because she is peeing in her room. She denied it and I told her I can smell pee on her stuff, if she continues peeing in her room I am taking her to a doctor because I would gate to punish her for something she has no control over. She claimed she didn't want to get in trouble for leaving her room to use the potty. I told her she can but I do not want her stalling and trying to stay out of bed and it's not like she will have to go every hour or even ten minutes. I think the whole fear of using the potty thing was an excuse because no way can a kid go a lot like 12 times in one evening unless there is a medical issue like an OAB or UTI.

Meanwhile my mom didn't want to be in her room because it reeked of urine and I had her windows open and her bedroom door and she was so humiliated. I told her it needed to air out so her room isn't smelling of pee and maybe she should stop pissing in her room then since this is so embarrassing for her. My mom told her if she had friends over, they would all see she pees in her room because it smells like urine. This was the last time she ever did this. I guess this situation was humiliating enough for her. I even kept her closet door open for it to air out and blew fans in there.

She also tried to use her brother as an excuse and I told her he has a medical issue and she does not.

Last edited:
I never wore so anyone could tell I was or I was not wearing a diaper that was when the kids were babies through adulthood. I also never let my wife find out about my being a Diaper Lover. I kept this fetish hidden from everyone as I eventually found out I was not alone in liking and using diapers. So that was never an issue in our home. Now I am Incontinent and wear diapers and plastic pants 24/7 365. The wife knows I wear diapers and plastic as my 39-year-old son and 40-year-old daughter also know. But I keep my diaper wear as covered as I can at home and in public.

This topic has weighed on me heavily as we are expecting our first child in April. I have some incontinence issues so the diapers aren’t such a big deal at least not the white medical ones. That being said I do have some little items and I do like to attend events from time to time. I feel guilty about the thought of attending events once I am a father but at the same time my wife is supportive of me attending events so long as it’s is not a frequent occurrence, I am honest with her about what goes on at said events, and our future child/children do not learn of them. My wife does not like to participate in the abdl stuff which is why she has been okay with me attending event like munches and capcon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joeysms
I have 2 kids. They aren't old enough yet for me to worry much but they will be. My plan is no diapers during daytime (normal for me already). White medical style only in the house and I'm not AB so no issues with those items. What we do in our room and on our time is not for sharing with kids anyway. If they ever ask a simple answer is medical issues require assistive devices. We are "mature" parents and both of us have other medical issues so more than plausible. At least they won't find any pictures of their parents swinging with other close family friends like my brother and I did. Straight up scarring, x rated level pictures. That'll leave you a bit confused and lead to some really awkward get togethers.

Calico said:
My daughter was pissing in her room when she was 6 and 7 and I thought maybe she was wetting the bed and hiding it, I checked her sheets and n yellow spots. I checked her mattress and no urine stain. Her blankets reeked of urine and her clothes and I never felt so mad in my life. It was disgusting. She even had urine soaked towels in there with dried up urine because it reeked of piss and her panties. I asked her if she was having a medical issue because she is peeing in her room. She denied it and I told her I can smell pee on her stuff, if she continues peeing in her room I am taking her to a doctor because I would gate to punish her for something she has no control over. She claimed she didn't want to get in trouble for leaving her room to use the potty. I told her she can but I do not want her stalling and trying to stay out of bed and it's not like she will have to go every hour or even ten minutes. I think the whole fear of using the potty thing was an excuse because no way can a kid go a lot like 12 times in one evening unless there is a medical issue like an OAB or UTI.

Meanwhile my mom didn't want to be in her room because it reeked of urine and I had her windows open and her bedroom door and she was so humiliated. I told her it needed to air out so her room isn't smelling of pee and maybe she should stop pissing in her room then since this is so embarrassing for her. My mom told her if she had friends over, they would all see she pees in her room because it smells like urine. This was the last time she ever did this. I guess this situation was humiliating enough for her. I even kept her closet door open for it to air out and blew fans in there.

She also tried to use her brother as an excuse and I told her he has a medical issue and she does not.
huh, that's really strange! i wonder what's going on for the poor kiddo, i'm glad that you were extremely hesitant to punish, you're right, it's not her fault, but it is a huge mystery as to why she was doing that. i hope it does not end up being a medical issue. either way it's good that you are trying to be as understanding as possible because so many parents can be jumpy to be mean about bladder and bowel related issues. i overheard a nurse in the hospital the other day say she was stumped as to why her 4 year old pooped his pants because "he knows better" and my heart just ached because sometimes these things just happen, and especially if it's not a repeat issue, kids shouldn't be made to feel bad. it's a really complicated part of human anatomy, you know?

anyway, good luck to both you and her, i hope it was just a temporary thing!

I’ve had worries for both of my kids (baby talk, sucking thumbs, wetting), but at the same time, they grew out of those behaviors, as far as I can tell. I think we think it’s special, so any signs look loud and bright to us here versus being a passing phase for most kids.

I have stuff in our house, but it’s all under lock & key. I typically don’t do much ABDL stuff when they are home, and of the things I do, it’s all private. I always wear pants around them, and there’s no reason to show my underwear. I’d prefer to keep that private. I have binkies, but they’ll never see it in my mouth. I do regularly sleep with a stuffed bear, so maybe that? But it’s pretty innocent. /shrug

Back