24/7 without breaking the bank?

babyelena

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I started wearing 3 months ago for health reasons as well as just liking them and expanding my age regression. I’ve been pretty much 24/7 since then.

I’m looking for new work so I’ve been tight on money. I have been getting the thickest ones at drug stores they can hold 3 wettings for me. 40 for 17$. I know they are nothing compared to ABDL diapers but they’re cheap and do the job.

Is there a happy medium? I really love thick ones, but I just can’t afford rearz, crinklez, bimbinos etc at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would actually save money by getting better diapers because of needing to change less often, sure the cost up front is higher; but when you might spend double the cash and only need to change 1/3rd as much it is easy to see that would actually save money.

Cheaper diapers only make sense for occasional use, when going full time better (more expensive) diapers make complete sense.

I get the Tranquility ATN for about 70 cents on sales online. They hold a lot and work for me during the day. The Abena M-4 is about $1.24 on sale and that is my morning soaker diaper. I pee when getting up and a lot during the morning since coffee is my elexer of life.

I second that "cheaper" diapers are NOT cheap. You have to stop looking at it as a price per diaper, and look at it as a price per day. So ask yourself how much do you spend on diapers per day. I wear Crinklz, which go for around $1.60 each. Except I only need 2 diapers per day. So I spend about $3.20 per day. If I went with a store brand I guarantee that would be double the cost, even though they are "cheaper" per diaper. As a bonus, I can nearly guarantee my diapers will not leak on me during the day. Plus, I don't have to change multiple times during the night either.

Molicare super plus. $24/30diapers... Super absorbent, super comfortable. Way better quality than an atn, nearly as much capacity as an m4.

Unfortunately premium quality diapers are not cheap but are worth the extra expense, I wear Crinklz or Betterdry diapers 24/7 to manage my IC issues I learned the hard way that thinner less aborbant diapers are not worth the trouble unless you are at home and can change more often and can deal with the enevitable leak.

I buy in bulk when there is sale so I save money but more importantly my diaper supply is allways there, I get really concerned when my supply gets to low and I notice the suppliers are having stock issue and are waiting for the next container to arrive from over seas.

Thicker diapers may cost more but as others have said you change less often but most importantly you learn to trust your diaper to do its job, some days I go through 4 crinklz diapers if I am having a bad day but my pants stay dry and thst alone is worth the extra expense.

I don't know how many of those you go through per day, but assuming you're not going to the restroom, I'm pretty sure you're going through 6-8 diapers per day. That at $0.50 each could end up being $3-$4 per day which is basically what costs me to wear premium diapers per day. I'll also say that by wearing premium diapers, there's much less stress involved worrying about leaks, or privacy to change, ect ect.

Cheap diapers aren't cheaper than premium diapers. I'd suggest comparing for yourself and realize that it's indeed no real cost difference. Why keep buying the struggle when you can experience a better... experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I get Formacare Comfort, which are very cheap at 32p each if bought in bulk, and actually pretty decent. But cloth is probably the most cost effective long-term option.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I have worn 24/7 for over two years now, on a budget and diapers are expensive. I have tried going 24/7 several times over the years and always quit when I think about how much money I'm spending on diapers. So this is the solutions that works for me.

My every day diapers are Walgreen's Certainty diapers. I stuff them with Kroger brand Overnight pull ups with holes poked in them using a wartenburg wheel. The Kroger brand pull ups have tons of SAP and they really swell up and hold a lot. I know that a lot of people don't like Walgreen's diapers but wearing 24/7, cost is an important factor. I can get 80 Certainty diapers for about $30 ( on a buy one get one half off special) and a pack of 15 pull ups for $8. This set up cost me about .80 a diaper which is a cheaper than ABDL diapers. These diapers are cloth-back so to get the feel of plastic that I want I wear plastic pants over them which I order from Amazon. This set up feels about a thick a expensive ABDL diapers and will last me all day at work without any leakage on most days. I usually go through two sets of these a day.

At night I use cloth diapers that I ordered from Adult Cloth Diaper.com. I have six cloth diapers. At on time I had over a dozen cloth diapers but they feel victim to a purge.

Over the years I have tried several other brands including some ABDL diapers including: Abena M-3, Northshore Supreme, ABU Pre-school, Crinkles and Better-Dry and Tranquility ATM. I'm always on the search for for a better diaper at a reasonable price point but after trying all the above diapers I always go back to my stuffed Certainty s diaper setup.

It not that I don't enjoy those thick ABDL diapers. In fact I just got a case of Northshore Mega Max last week. I tried a couple of them now and really like them. But the cost makes me think about using them of a regular basis. I save them for special occasions.

I guess the bottom line is to find something you like and a price point that you are good with. Find what works for you and I doesn't matter what everyone else is wearing.

Abusing 24/7 is bad spent cash. But everyone is free to make his own economical ruins.

If you wear a premium diaper, how comfortable is it when it gets wet? People worry about leaks but comfort is also important. Another factor is the availability of places to change during the day.

Seasonedcitizen said:
If you wear a premium diaper, how comfortable is it when it gets wet? People worry about leaks but comfort is also important. Another factor is the availability of places to change during the day.

For me, quite comfortable. The biggest comfort factor is a diaper having the right acquisition barrier. This is the layer right against your skin. A good barrier lets urine to pass through without actually absorbing any urine itself or letting the urine absorbed by the padding to come back into contact with your skin. The next biggest factor is having enough sap to lock absorbed urine away.

Cheaper diapers have horrible acquisition layers, and will feel clammy and wet much, much sooner. Premium diapers can easily last 12+ hours without that feeling at all. Add in the fact you can go so long in one premium diaper, and now having enough available changing locations becomes a non issue.

Back