Diaper bags in public

Mariofan64

Follow us on Instagram at mariofanmama64
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So does anyone’s mommy or daddy carry an obvious diaper bag in public ever? Mommy takes my Mario diaper bag with her sometimes and will wear it on her shoulder when we’re out and about. I’m also wanting to get a more babyish one like Sesame Street or Pooh bear eventually.

I take my Fisher-Price Baby Jungle Animals Diaper Bag everwhere I need to go.
Spare diapers and a small plush toy to comfort me.

My wife is planning on getting me a Seahawks duffle bag to carry my diapers and anything else I need

Oh wow! I may need mommy to get a fisher price diaper bag for me! They have some really babyish designs!

My current nanny has a very bright – and very big – Vera Bradley diaper bag. She takes it with us on overnight trips, which are infrequent.

The last time she had it along, a hotel desk clerk (I'd guess she was in her late 20s) asked, "Isn't that a Vera Bradley diaper bag?" My nanny answered that it was.

I was waiting for the "Where's your baby?" question that would surely follow, but it didn't.

When we're out on 'field trips' around town, she carries three or four diapers and wipes in a Vera Bradley crossbody bag, which doesn't look much like a diaper bag. I'm changed in the family restroom; we do get some strange looks from parents with kids in tow as we leave, but I can live with that.

sbmccue said:
My current nanny has a very bright – and very big – Vera Bradley diaper bag. She takes it with us on overnight trips, which are infrequent.

The last time she had it along, a hotel desk clerk (I'd guess she was in her late 20s) asked, "Isn't that a Vera Bradley diaper bag?" My nanny answered that it was.

I was waiting for the "Where's your baby?" question that would surely follow, but it didn't.

When we're out on 'field trips' around town, she carries three or four diapers and wipes in a Vera Bradley crossbody bag, which doesn't look much like a diaper bag. I'm changed in the family restroom; we do get some strange looks from parents with kids in tow as we leave, but I can live with that.

Haha yea hotel staff seem unfazed and agreed. Looks I can deal with too (as if I had a choice lol). Worst was when I had a verrrry upset tummy wearing only a diaper my footed jammies and shoes after having an uh oh after which mommy held my hand and my MARIO diaper bag with sippy cup in the holder while we waited (quite a while) for the family bathroom at the mall. That butt change was soooo needed though 😳

Mariofan64 said:
Oh wow! I may need mommy to get a fisher price diaper bag for me! They have some really babyish designs!

Since it is a real diaper bag for a baby, it is plastic-lined to be able to carry a wet diaper or two until it can be disposed of.

Yeah, they also don't really have bags that a guy would typically carry either--hence the idea of me carrying a duffle bag with my kit of diapers, bags, wipes, powder, gloves, and anything else I want or need.

Have to and i have a Genuine girly Diaper bag , on the count i do take it with me al the time and so it should make it clear to say fore store clerks etc... that it is indeed a diaper bag and not a extra bag with the risk of me shoplifting + i needed a bigger bag then i had before. I have NOTHING to feel ashamed of so therefore i dont see any reason to try to hide it either

I can say so far i havent had ONE reaction on my diaper bag from anyone actually

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use a regular backpack. I keep a few diapers in it plus a clean Gary diaper cover, some baby wipes, surgical gloves, and a few plastic trash bags to dispose of my used diaper. It would be a real pain to have to change a messy diaper in a public bathroom and I have not experienced it yet, but I have changed my wet diaper quite a few times. I am now always prepared for a messy diaper change because it is only a matter of time before I have a bowel accident in public.

Little Isaac bag is not a obvious one it just looks like a normal back sack.

But we do need to have it with us, so I can change him. When we are out and about.

I am not a DL so I don't need my bag for diapers but I do have a diaper bag that I use as a purse. It is large, pink, white, grey and brown (mostly brown) and had 6 accessory bags to make things easier to find. I wanted to get one that is a little more babyish but since I take it to work I figured this one is cute but not overt. I keep one of my stuffies, some little snacks a couple shelf stable drinks, a book or two, a coloring book and some crayons or washable markers. This year I think I'm going to be making a few busy bags to keep in there too.

It doesn't have to be a huge bag. mine I use for everything combo purse too, and it has my favorite football team logo toos-l1600.jpg

I have a laptop backpack I carry to work and everywhere else I go. I put all my diapering supplies in a smaller bag within my backpack. Can't imagine wanting a super childish bag to carry everywhere as I'm not into advertising my little side to everyone (with the exception of some of my t-shirts).

The strange thing I start to notice is the more recent diaper bags are all made to look like a normal bag and for most you wouldn't guess its a diaper bag, but for us AB/DL we want the real thing that looks clearly like a diaper bag because we were born at a time where diaper bags where clearly diaper bags and no one was ashamed of them, except some mothers of older ones that were a little bit too slow on potty training I guess and those actually sometimes placed the diapers or training pants in their purse instead.

I had a diaper bag in the past and travelled with it, but now I put some diapers in my backpack and I'm on my way.

Im in the camp of people that wouldn't use something that screams "Diaper Bag" ; if I was to be out long enough to actually need a change I would just use a regular backpack, if it had to be checked I wouldn't care, I just wouldn't be interested in advertising my ABDL side as I usually indulge low key, I'm just not the kinda person to draw attention to myself.

If I had a mommy I wouldn't care what she would carry though lol.

I have a backpack/messenger bag that I wear around which always has at least a spare diaper and a small thing of powder.

I've got several. I have two low-key ones, one a FILA and one Fisher-Price, both of these are small black knapsacks. The F-P one is noticeable as a diaper bag if you look closely because it has a place for a wipe container on the outside and it has little tabs with pictures of what might go into each pocket (bottle, paci, diaper, etc...).

I also have one pink and one blue babyish diaper bag. I get asked about the pink one when I carry it from time to time.

Back