What do you prefer? Powder, cream or both if you put on your diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using.
j & j baby oil gel
I find it really good, I haven't had a bad diaper rash for a while now

After a shower, I like baby lotion (cream) and then powder. I usually powder between changes. I have recently switched to cornstarch based powders. I have read that talc could be problematic.

I usually just go for power

For females talc has been found to be responsable for P.I.D. aswell as ovarian cancers I believe.

Neither creams or baby powder is good to use in a disposable it blocks the "pores" of the diaper and inhibited absorbtion and the access to the S.A.P. which is what captures the wetness and locks it away.

Tetra said:
For females talc has been found to be responsable for P.I.D. aswell as ovarian cancers I believe.

Research has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice

I usually use baby powder, but the smell of baby oil, diaper rash cream, and baby powder together is great. It's like the new baby smell. I don't use this combination a lot though as it can be a mess to deal with, and the petrolatum jelly in the cream deteriorates vinyl plastic pants which I sometimes wear.

I use baby powder and Desitin at times. A & E ointment. I start fresh with baby wipes and wear only after a shower. Because Bambino ABDL diapers don't have a scent added option I always scent all my diapers with BP. :cloud9:

Coconut oil for me. I love the smell of it but it works wonders for the skin, especially in and around the private places of which I apply liberally. Very protective of the skin and lasts for a considerable amount of time.

I usually just use powder. I LOVE the smell of that and a wet diaper, heavenly.

I dont really put anything in mine unless i have a rash or a sore bottom then i will use nappy rash cream. otherwise i dont really use anything currently but i have had thoughts of how talcum powder would feel. the johnsons baby one. I am a weirdo tho as im too nervous and paranoid to buy such stuff from in shops.

fluffyhusky said:
I am a weirdo tho as im too nervous and paranoid to buy such stuff from in shops.

Here are some thoughts on this. Just my two cents :)

Some other items might lead to a raised eyebrow or a questioning glance, buying J&J baby powder (or any other brand) will not.

Both my parents and sister use baby powder and have for most of their lives. So have I and so have many, many people. It is so common that no one will think anything about you purchasing baby powder.

Since this does bother you, purchasing baby powder may be a good choice to help you get over your nervousness.

I had learned very quickly in the past that no matter which product you wish to use to protect/soothe/comfort your diaper area, not one person gives a hoot about what you are buying. Makes no difference if you are in the baby department gathering your goodies, or where the lotions are kept, and even the diaper/pullup/pads are located. No one really cares, not the person right beside you shopping as well, nor the cashier. Everyone shopping are on their own missions and cashiers have to deal with so many people during their shifts, that products just blend together as a blur. So, nothing to worry about on any account:thumbsup:

I've never used cream on my diaper area but I've definitely used powder so I suppose I'm also a powder guy like you Mr Original Poster. c:

At night I like to have the lavender lotion and powder from J&J during the day if my wife puts lotion and powder on it is regular J&J baby powder cause she loves the smell of it. She puts in on heavy to! So much so when she smacks my diapered bottom she can smell it.

hosr63 said:
I had learned very quickly in the past that no matter which product you wish to use to protect/soothe/comfort your diaper area, not one person gives a hoot about what you are buying. Makes no difference if you are in the baby department gathering your goodies, or where the lotions are kept, and even the diaper/pullup/pads are located. No one really cares, not the person right beside you shopping as well, nor the cashier. Everyone shopping are on their own missions and cashiers have to deal with so many people during their shifts, that products just blend together as a blur. So, nothing to worry about on any account:thumbsup:

Well put!
No cashier gives a darn. I just buy what I need.
When other customers see me in my t-shirt and shorts and see the orthopedic braces on my legs and my forearm crutches and I have a big bag of adult dydees under my arm, along with a big bottle of Johnson's Baby Powder, they just assume I am medically incontinent, which is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back