Anyone else look at the diaper ads when they were young?

Did Anybody Collect Diaper Ads As A Kid?

• yes

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • no

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • maybe, I don't remember!

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • sometimes when they were good

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was the commercials on TV :p I remember crying after watching a huggies commercial when I was like 10 because I wanted some so bad and I knew if I told anybody I woulda got laughed at >.<

I remember loving the old commercials, I remember when Huggies were the only diaper with leg elastic and being at a babysitters and being able to tell the difference between bulky pampers and the buggies, I eventually stole a huggie diaper and wore it over night, I was 3 or 4, got caught in the morning by my sisters who told me I didn't need diapers and we're baffled that I was wearing one

I did not watch them when I was real little because I was scared that I would get in trouble again and be put into the new disposables they came out with. It was in the early seventies when I was 8ish that I started to try to make disposable diapers and try them. It was game on from there.

Always! what else was there to do in bed when my parents made go to bed cause i had school. I never acted with them though. ... Actually i don't think ive ever used a single coupon in my life.

computerProgrammer said:
I still act like I'm looking at something else if a diaper commercial comes on tv lol....

I'm right there with you!

Like most people, I never actually collected any, but there would be one or two that would catch my eye and I couldn't stop obsessing over them. I do remember the goodnites ones a lot. I think I knew I couldn't wear the baby diapers and I had a crazy fascination with pull-ups way more than diapers at the time, though the desire for diapers grew as time went on and I kept thinking about it. But goodnites were my first realization that there were pull-ups that could fit me, since I had outgrown the huggies pull-ups and couldn't wear them anymore. Then it progressed to depends, store brand, etc.

But the commercials? Oh man, I would be mesmerized by just hearing the word diaper! It would take every ounce of my focus to not look at the screen when it would come on. I can still vividly remember one commercial where this lady was describing all the features of a certain diaper brand and type (I want to say it was luvs?) that felt as almost like cashmere for your baby's skin so they could sit in a 'soft, cushy diaper'. Something about the way that lady described it would make me just melt in my seat. This had to have been around 2007/2008, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

CatsBrat said:
For me it was the commercials on TV :p I remember crying after watching a huggies commercial when I was like 10 because I wanted some so bad and I knew if I told anybody I woulda got laughed at >.<

Aww, that's sad :/ I can't say I've cried over them before, but I'm pretty sure I know the feeling. lol

kitterdafoxy said:
I know I did, alot, I also had a small shoebox filled with clippings and ads

I always remember having a fascination with ads when I was a kid and collecting pics in a little scrap book that I had for ages before my big expedition into the net. I honestly identified with those kids in the diaper ads...they represented everything I felt I wanted to be.

That little collection was a window into my head...I remember being absolutely paranoid about it being discovered...how I managed to conceal it for so long, especially given how young I was and how thorough my cleaning mom was, I'll never know.

I do remember disposing of it with a match when I was about 14... lol I'm still drawn to similar images even now.

As for TV ads, I'm sure that every time one has come on when in the company of others, I've turned red with embarrassment...trying to watch discretely while seeming completely disinterested. I'll be honest and say that there have been some ads on TV that I've actively looked forward to ... Oh the shame lol...not.

Wow! Diaper ads seem to be the prerequisite to being a diaper wearer/ab. Being I am a bit older, I would search the ads for plastic pants. There wasn't much in the way of diaper ads as they could be had everywhere and I guess there wasn't much need to advertise. What I did find though was the ads for older kids/teen size plastic pants. When I saw an ad I would get a chill run thru me. Geeze they excited me. Like others here, I had to watch that others weren't around as I would get so excited that I knew they would be able to tell that something was going on. A local newspaper ran an ad every week for teen size bedwetter pants (fancy name for plastic baby pants). It showed a picture of a younger teen boy in nothing but a diaper enclosed in the bedwetter baby pants.I made a point of catching the ad every week. Also almost all of the women's magazines had ads for "bedwetter pants" in the ad sections in the back of the magazine. I would daydream about being put back into diapers and those plastic pants for wetting myself. If I had the nerve I would have ridden my bike down to where they sold the local ad plastic pants and bought some. I'm afraid I probably would have passed out right there in the store had I tried. I would picture a older grumpy women clerk staring me down and masking me give her our home phone and calling my mom to tell her I was down there buying plastic pants. EEK!
These days, I watch the tv diaper ads and comment to my wife how good I'd look in that outfit. She just rolls her eyes.....

ozbub said:
I always remember having a fascination with ads when I was a kid and collecting pics in a little scrap book that I had for ages before my big expedition into the net. I honestly identified with those kids in the diaper ads...they represented everything I felt I wanted to be.

That little collection was a window into my head...I remember being absolutely paranoid about it being discovered...how I managed to conceal it for so long, especially given how young I was and how thorough my cleaning mom was, I'll never know.

I do remember disposing of it with a match when I was about 14... lol I'm still drawn to similar images even now.

As for TV ads, I'm sure that every time one has come on when in the company of others, I've turned red with embarrassment...trying to watch discretely while seeming completely disinterested. I'll be honest and say that there have been some ads on TV that I've actively looked forward to ... Oh the shame lol...not.

The images in my original post were sourced from a Winter 2004-2005 ad for Kroger's (our local store) that I had hastily wrapped some Christmas Ornaments with in early 2005, back then it was just an old ad, but nowadays its more of a cultural relic. Just look at it, 2005 calendars, Nokia TracFones, free cellular WIFI cards, French Toast Crunch (?), and of course, Huggies Convertibles.

AAO said:
My parents got Reader's Digest magazine when I was a kid. It always had a Depends ad in it.

i forgot about those! i was an "office helper" during lunchtime in elementary school; i could answer the phone so the secretary could have a break. they had a giant stash of reader's digest magazines. i read them back then (yeah i was always a nerd) and i also enjoyed those ads :)

Flash back for me. Yeah I remember watching the commercials on TV, and always getting embarrassed when other people were in the room. I also did used to save some of the old ads that I'd find in magazines or the newspapers. Glad I wasn't the only one. LOL

Diaper ads definitely piqued my interest when I was a kid. After I discovered my diaper interest it became rather embarrassing when watching TV with others. Online diaper ads also had me interested, though it was awkward a few times when I was browsing a website and there was an ad for Goodnites on the side.

kitterdafoxy said:
OMG! For some weird reason my brain blocked out both of those rugrats episodes, I can now vividly remember watching them on my console TV in the late 90's when we ran out of America Online minutes, that's one of the only times I ever watched nickelodeon at all. They were played back to back if I remember correctly and I kinda knew something was up when I watched them, it opened up the door and when we got america online back up I searched for "I Want To Wear Diapers" on yahoo.

Yeah being a chronic bedwetter as a kid, i'd always get embarrassed when commercials for pullups or goodnites would come on, especially when my friends were around! some knew I wore them to bed, but some did'nt and for whatever reason, I was absolutely petrified when those commercials would come on.

Hahahaha YES!!!... Oh, then here's a cookie! The full edition of the Rugrats "potty training" episode! :D

[video=youtube;7imMjcNFak0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7imMjcNFak0[/video]

Last edited:
I never collected ads of any type. However, I did like looking through the Sears and Montgomery Wards big catalogs at the IC, bedwetting products and baby items for sale.

aviationchild said:
Diaper ads definitely piqued my interest when I was a kid. After I discovered my diaper interest it became rather embarrassing when watching TV with others. Online diaper ads also had me interested, though it was awkward a few times when I was browsing a website and there was an ad for Goodnites on the side.

Erase the cookies, and the target (ads/marketing) technique should reset.

FluffyJammies said:
Yeah being a chronic bedwetter as a kid, i'd always get embarrassed when commercials for pullups or goodnites would come on, especially when my friends were around! some knew I wore them to bed, but some did'nt and for whatever reason, I was absolutely petrified when those commercials would come on.

Hahahaha YES!!!... Oh, then here's a cookie! The full edition of the Rugrats "potty training" episode! :D

[video=youtube;7imMjcNFak0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7imMjcNFak0[/video]

Ha, good find buddy, I still remember that episode nearly 16 years later, nice to know that this generation can still enjoy the classics and maybe even get the weird feelings we got back then.

I rember looking through Sears, JC penny catalog looking at baby diapers as well as adult diapers, they were cloth or at the time 1 tape on each side disposables. It was nice.

ApplePi said:
Erase the cookies, and the target (ads/marketing) technique should reset.

I know about that now, but didn't know about all these things when I was 13 and started looking at diaper sites.

I never collected paper ads. I just saw them on TV and tried to not pay any attention to them when others were around.

I never collected any, but commercials on TV would catch my attention. I always felt a bit uncomfortable watching the commercials if anyone was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back