What would be for you the improvements to be made to the disposable diaper to make them more pleasant, more practical

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would like you to use your imagination, to identify the problem of disposable diapers, and I think that if this subject is followed by this community, could find suitable solutions and achievable to correct this problem.

For more clarity I propose a minimum layout:

My problem with the product are:

My solutions to correct this problem are:

If you do not find any problem or no solutions let the part concerned empty.

The things I would do to improve a disposable diaper are as follows:
Extend the absorbent padding further out into the wings to give you better protection if you sleep on your side.
Increase the height of the standing leg guards.
Increase the size and curve of the seat of the diaper so it has more room for your poop to drop into.
All diapers can use better tapes and stronger areas for the tapes to stick to.
That's about all I can think of to improve any diaper.

Make them EXACTLY like the 1991 version of Luvs Phases, with the same scent, same blue pin stripes, same taping panel, same shiny plastic back sheet, bi-folded, and sized for an adult. Those would fly off the shelves, and would have better absorbency than anything on today's market. Even the newest version of Pampers, in a proportional size, wouldn't come close.

What needs to happen as Honeywell suggested, is to go back and look at the vintage disposable diapers. If you look at the vintage LUVS BABY PANTS diaper from 85-87, you will notice that the leg elastic travels up higher on the leg than adult diapers. That is because the core shape of todays adult diaper is not hourglass shaped to allow the leg elastic to snuggle further up the leg. Once the core is corrected we can add a nice shiny smooth poly back sheet , front and rear elastic waist band and a reinforced tape landing zone. And speaking of tapes it is long overdue that we eliminate the poorly performing 4 tape system and go to a nice wide 1 tape per side system like a REAL diaper. I have been wearing for a long time and I have never used the 4 tape system. I always cut it off and add much better 2 tape version, WAY better fit. To achieve this ultimate diaper is not very difficult and should be suggested to some of the manufactures. I wonder if REARZ has the ability to make changes to their brands. I might contact them and find out.

Reactions: Absorblock
Let me say, I am not anti-disposable!

I'm anti, "the disposable technology adults have access to."

I wish our machines were capable of making the following changes.

If if my cerebrally palsied butt cannot put the darn thing on, I have no choice but not to wear it! The ability to be pulled on, 1-handed, is a must.

My bowels cannot be trusted. The ability to open at the sides is a must, as are very high leak guards.

If my ears are tortured by crinkle, ain't gonna happen, so, extra care not reduce that God awful noise is a must.

I'm a clothie. A real one. Can I at least get a clothlike back sheet?

Cute Designs, similar to the ones on modern diaperpants, so I don't look like a sickly Oldielocks.

For me I feel like this is best split into practicality and fun (I'll include my thoughts on the Tena Supers I currently work with too)

Practicality wise, it should hold as much as possible with good odor protection and seal well, as well as being strong with very secure tapes kind of like jdm66 mentioned (but readjustable).

In terms of fun though, I honestly like the diaper overwhelming me...the bigger the better, if it swells nicely when used that would be amazing as well as overkill tapes and high strength. I want to waddle in this thing and truly feel small in it. If it looks babyish that's a nice touch as well, but white or purple would be just fine for me.

The Tena Supers I currently work with somewhat do the job for me as I love how I can stack up just two and it's already getting thick, 3 is amazing...the tapes can be ripped off by accident easier than I'd like though sometimes so I agree with jdm66 again there, and there's this one spot in the back of the leg guards on both sides that if the diaper fills too much it starts to leak. What would be nice is making the leg guards two inches tall, or if it could be cheaply and effectively done some one and a half inch tall rubber leg guards would be sweet...I'd personally also love a waist guard on mine just to make the diaper feel more secure even if I have to do it up separately.

It's amazing we could do so much better nowadays, and you want technologies that are over 10 years old. It is a pity to limit your imagination and your hopes to just minor changes to products currently on the market.

My problem with the product are:
For me when using a disposable diaper one should have to soak in urine and or fecal matter.
I also think that disposable diapers should be possible To be slipped on like a slip, or as a conventional disposable diaper, the side directly in contact with the skin should be breathable.
obviously the ISO absorption should be at least double the disposable diapers currently on the market.
there should be no external odor, even for faecal use, there should be no need for leakage barriers.
The side and the belt should be elastic, not something ugly as the pants.
Disposable diapers should not be very thick (the thickness impact the weight, and the size of the packaging which impact the shipping costs, and therefore the price.

My solutions to correct this problem are:
to avoid contact with fecal and urinary matter the solution is simple simply add under the nonwoven a thickness of plastic.
To put it on like a slip there is a simple solution, just make a self-adhesive fastener that is the height of the disposable diaper, and thanks to the elastic sides, the disposable diaper will always be well adjusted.
To allow the disposable diaper to breathe, simply add a piece of foam (made of neutral material) between the nonwoven and the plastic (respecting the design, writing just above).
To avoid odors leaks, the solution is since the disposable diaper is now completely waterproof, just add a few things on the inner side that allows air to pass but not moisture or odors, this is where the charcoal filter is a very good solution.
This design does not need leakage barriers.
The product should not be too thick for that there is a simple solution put more SAP, and put the least possible cellulose, cellulose is a rather expensive material and in addition it is not very compressible, replace most of the cellulose with semi hard foam (always a neutral material) it allows to make very absorbent products, but do not take of space in transport, which are also very light, example when the package is new we could at least 3 pack of 10 disposable diaper, to have the equivalent in size of a package of Rearz, And yet we would double in SAP (double ISO absorption), using it we do not make a big difference if it is no embarrassment guaranteed.

My solution has positive and negative of course:
The positive:
no need to soak in this disposable diaper,
it respects the skin,
and the intimate parts,
no odors, more leaks,
a simpler cleaning,
a disposable diaper adjusted to the body,
the skin breathes,
costs less in transport,
takes much less space for storage as the package is new,
absorbs more than you can ever need (in normal use (maximum 8H days, 12H night (it is always advisable if possible not to exceed 6 hours of use))) You can even use it by spanking "the pear tree" there will be no leaks,
No more skin problem related to soaking in urine and feces.
The product has a greater chance of being well Seen by the general public, and eventually to be adopted.

The negative:
To guarantee a total waterproofness there is only one solution (to my knowledge) it consists of using a soft and neutral plastic disc to stick on the skin with a glue Already apply which is neutral as well obviously, this disc this place around the different "Hole" I think it's quite understandable;) and a kind of very flexible plastic funnel, covered with non-woven fabric, stick it to the plastic circle glued to the skin, which guarantees a complete waterproofness.
The negative is it may take a little longer to put, when it's the first time.
The others are more negative points for ABDL only, the product is not extremely thick, the product only one fastener on each side, you do not feel like wearing a disposable diaper (since you are no longer in contact with urine etc.)

I wait for your reactions on the subject if you find it's interesting idea or not (this product would be with current technologies achievable) I would like to have so much reaction of people incontinent, that AB / TB / DL.

If I understand corrrectly, what you are suggesting is quite a departure from what most people understand a diaper to be about. Although worn around the body in the usual position, it is waterproof inside and out, so it functions as a collecting bag. Waste is passed into it through inlets that are sealed to the wearer's body with skin-compatible adhesive, and once inside, liquid is trapped by a mostly SAP filling, as in a handheld travel urinal bag. An air-permable layer separates the impermeable inner surface from the skin.

This is an interesting concept that I think has been explored in the Space Poop Challenge and other projects. In theory it might be possible but there are some serious challenges associated with sealing anything to the skin, safely and reliably, that only products like the flange on an ostomy bag have managed to solve (and that sticks to a flat, mostly immovable surface of the abdomen). There are some 'fecal collector' products on the market but they are only able to maintain a seal to a non-active patient e.g. in a hospital bed. To be able to pass a bowel movement in the new diaper without any odour would be a fantastic development, but it requires such a high-performance seal with basically zero leakage, that a very expensive, highly engineered structure and very careful fitting would be needed. How many people would have the patience to fit it, and whether it could ever be comfortable, especially for girls and women, I am not sure. It might be more practical to bypass the 'zero odour' target so that a perfect seal is not required, and concentrate on keeping waste away from the skin as the main benefit.

As you point out, it would not offer the wearer the feeling of using a regular diaper. I would miss that. I enjoy the bulk and thickness of my nappy, I don't mind the feel of being wet or messy and I don't experience skin damage or leaks so there's little to gain and much to lose in tactile enjoyment. Being smelly after a BM doesn't matter if I can change before anyone else smells it, so the only real advantage of the new nappy to me would be if it could be reliably odour-free, allowing me to pass BMs discreetly without having to hide away from other people. IC wearers might have different opinions.

Paxe said:
If I understand corrrectly, what you are suggesting is quite a departure from what most people understand a diaper to be about. Although worn around the body in the usual position, it is waterproof inside and out, so it functions as a collecting bag. Waste is passed into it through inlets that are sealed to the wearer's body with skin-compatible adhesive, and once inside, liquid is trapped by a mostly SAP filling, as in a handheld travel urinal bag. An air-permable layer separates the impermeable inner surface from the skin.

This is an interesting concept that I think has been explored in the Space Poop Challenge and other projects. In theory it might be possible but there are some serious challenges associated with sealing anything to the skin, safely and reliably, that only products like the flange on an ostomy bag have managed to solve (and that sticks to a flat, mostly immovable surface of the abdomen). There are some 'fecal collector' products on the market but they are only able to maintain a seal to a non-active patient e.g. in a hospital bed. To be able to pass a bowel movement in the new diaper without any odour would be a fantastic development, but it requires such a high-performance seal with basically zero leakage, that a very expensive, highly engineered structure and very careful fitting would be needed. How many people would have the patience to fit it, and whether it could ever be comfortable, especially for girls and women, I am not sure. It might be more practical to bypass the 'zero odour' target so that a perfect seal is not required, and concentrate on keeping waste away from the skin as the main benefit.

As you point out, it would not offer the wearer the feeling of using a regular diaper. I would miss that. I enjoy the bulk and thickness of my nappy, I don't mind the feel of being wet or messy and I don't experience skin damage or leaks so there's little to gain and much to lose in tactile enjoyment. Being smelly after a BM doesn't matter if I can change before anyone else smells it, so the only real advantage of the new nappy to me would be if it could be reliably odour-free, allowing me to pass BMs discreetly without having to hide away from other people. IC wearers might have different opinions.

The challenge is to do this on a disposable product, so in large quantities and not expensive :)

Like I was trying to say before my comment decided to explode and disappear after hitting edit, I pretty much gave my only thoughts on the diaper improvement situation for disposables...but I have more now that I came back and re-read again.

I think I see what you're talking about, and in my partially-Paxe-inspired opinion it would be difficult to implement unfortunately. An all-around discrete performer like this would be possible indeed, but even for those that want to invest so much in the purchase of diapers in bulk it risks being insanely priced and losing demand severely too due to so many materials being used, kind of how the Phillips CD-I, the 3-D0 and a couple other game consoles turned out. Not to say it can't work as BMW is an example of over-engineering things most people know that's still very much alive and well today, but for an application like this I'd need to see it take off to believe it will take off.

What I'm thinking though diverting from your disposables argument a bit is offering the outer-shell side of this idea in a more reusable form to the cloth owners as a diaper cover both in ABDL and non-ABDL scenarios for the zero-odour focus Paxe mentioned, but otherwise I'm not sure what to suggest differently from Paxe with just focusing on zero-odour.

To TL;DR/conclude, Paxe brought up a point I agree with about the sanitation ring sealing right and ease of use. I also think so many materials in one disposable would become concerning for cost effectiveness even with customers that don't care much about it as well as environmental concerns. It needs either to wait for technological improvement in this area, or further revision to the design itself if you feel like trying to make it work now.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a good idea still though. I'm not certain how much I'm misunderstanding of it but I'm curious how well it would work once I do understand it more.

I'm pretty satisfied with some of the ABDL Diapers, what I would like though is if there were more 2 tabbed options, and if there was a cloth backed Printed ABDL diaper with a realiable thick cloth backing, like the Seni Quatros I tried around 5 years ago.

Also the PeekABU was the first diaper I felt completely satisfied with, without having to use a booster; but that's because I like my diapers to absorb an insane amount and swell an insane amount as well (and to me the PeekABU is like one of the best ABDL Diapers with a booster, except it is that good without one) ; this isn't a need more like something that enhances the experience for me.

I also wish "cloth backed" ABDL Diapers were fully cloth backed, not plastic backed with cloth like covers in certain areas.

I'm pretty satisified with Crinklz. Though an improvement on them would be to go back to the V1 design. Those had more sap in them and were absolutely perfect for my side sleeping (unlike how they sometimes leak on me now). They also had stronger second chance tapes, and a slightly stronger plastic shell which just felt more secure. I'd also add a third tape for an even better secure fit that allows for less diaper sagging and less clumping of the padding.

The big thing I’d want to see an improvement on are the side panels. I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’d be nice to see some adult or ABDL diapers that have elastic side panels much like you see in baby diapers. I feel like implementing something like that would lessen the need to readjust tapes, and would be beneficial to those who are more active. Baby diapers have stretchy sides to help stop leaks in active kids, why can’t we have the same?

PaddedBrony said:
The big thing I’d want to see an improvement on are the side panels. I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’d be nice to see some adult or ABDL diapers that have elastic side panels much like you see in baby diapers. I feel like implementing something like that would lessen the need to readjust tapes, and would be beneficial to those who are more active. Baby diapers have stretchy sides to help stop leaks in active kids, why can’t we have the same?

Those already exist. Look up Bambino.

Honeywell6180 said:
Those already exist. Look up Bambino.
I have, and I’m aware. It’d be nice if they had a bit more stretch to them and would become more widely adapted if improved. I’m a fairly active guy, and having some extra stretch would do wonders when I’m working out.

Back