Common Boosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonQuixote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Just wondering what types of booster DLs are using? I found some Gerber cotton baby diapers, 6 ply, from Amazon that really seem to work as good as or better than the commercial boosters. They ran about $50.00 for 20, but after washing once or twice, they really seems to wick up nicely and hold liquids.

I usually use two or three at a time folded in thirds lengthwise with BetterDry disposables from NorthShore. This combination seems to give me the best retention and comfort. I do like a fat diaper feeling without having to waddle too much.

Just wondering what others are using?

I usually use Goodnites (either type; "pull-up" style, or liner style, though the pull-up style requires a little work whereas the liner style I can just cut down the middle and stuff it into the Diaper) because I got a lot of them cheap (like .25 each) and they absorb a pretty good amount, I've used large size (size 5 or 6 mostly) baby diapers before too.

I'll throw out that odd answer: D-None of the Above.

I know it's not an option for some (many?) but I prefer to wear diapers with a capacity appropriate to my needs. I don't wear the same diapers for at-work as I do at home as I do overnight. Light diapers for work, medium and misc for lounging around the house, and thick to high capacity for overnight (varies depending on my water intake prior to bedtime)

You'll get better performance (in reliability and comfort) with a diaper that's the correct capacity for the job than you will get from a boosted diaper.

That being said, I think boosters are a good idea if you are limited in your variety for some reason (be it cost, space, or whatever) and want to have the option to increase capacity when necessary.

Or if you just like to increase capacity of what you have regardless, particularly if its already one if the best out there (such as Little Pawz, Tykables Overnights, or something similar, or even the new PeekABUs).

I use Northshore boosters. They work great. I get at least another couple more wettings out of my diaper. They are inexpensive also.

I wish the goidnites boosters came in a larger size. They are the best on the market.

The Goodnites Trufits inserts are pretty good, they seem to swell more than others, one con is that they don't have an adhesive strip, but that doesn't really effect it too much. They have the most durable lining and won't bust. and are available locally in most places, but they're the cheapest on Amazon, you can get a case for $30.

Northshore boosters are longer than most but they don't really hold as much but they have good wicking that helps to spread wetness, and have an adhesive strip.

Bambino's Total Dry Ultimates boosters are great, they fixed the outer lining that allowed SAP to escape. They're pretty soft, have an adhesive strip and are probably the highest capacity that you can currently find in the US AFIAK.

Bambino Quadro inserts are similar to the Powerups maybe a bit narrower and hold a bit less, they have an adhesive strip.

Rearz inserts are ok, they hold a decent amount but they're pretty featureless. No adhesive strip and tends to clump and moves around a bit.

ABU Powerups are pretty good they're wider and designed to fit in wider crotched diapers, they start out very thin and they swell pretty well and hold a good amount. They have an adhesive strip.

Tranquility has different choices to choose from like Northshore and are similar, except they don't have adhesive strip.

As far as the other medical brands go, they really don't do much. Attends, Medline, Select, and ect aren't worth the money. They're more like a sponge and press out and hold very little.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I get Luvs Size 6 and use them for boosters.

It's also a possibility you could find goodnites Tru-Fit or the pull-up style ones on discount, I found 40 packs of the pull-up style goodnites in size L/XL for $10 (.25 each) and found the Tru-Fit packs on sale for a similar price, either could be used as a booster, but the Tru-Fits are easier since they dont have any unnecessary sides to rip/cut off before they can be used as a booster.

The Pull-Up style ones I got at Walmart in the clearance aisle, the Tru-Fit I got at my local Rite-Aid.

Thanks for all the good information and opinions. Only so much time to investigate the various offerings. These ideas will help in making final determination.

bambinod said:
I'll throw out that odd answer: D-None of the Above.

I know it's not an option for some (many?) but I prefer to wear diapers with a capacity appropriate to my needs. I don't wear the same diapers for at-work as I do at home as I do overnight. Light diapers for work, medium and misc for lounging around the house, and thick to high capacity for overnight (varies depending on my water intake prior to bedtime)

You'll get better performance (in reliability and comfort) with a diaper that's the correct capacity for the job than you will get from a boosted diaper.

That being said, I think boosters are a good idea if you are limited in your variety for some reason (be it cost, space, or whatever) and want to have the option to increase capacity when necessary.

That's my answer, too. XD I've never boosted a diaper before, probably because, for me, it would feel too much like wearing a maxi pad. :p That and the diapers I have now are actually doing their job superbly. Although I still have to find a better day-time/work diaper and I'm leaning towards trying out Northshore Air Supremes.

i use ether luvs size 6 or pampers size 6 or 7 with holes cut in them for long days at work

Could you theoretically use Huggies Little swimmers as a booster for wicking since it doesn't have any SAP in it.

flash890 said:
Could you theoretically use Huggies Little swimmers as a booster for wicking since it doesn't have any SAP in it.

Swim diapers are not meant for pee and don't absorb pee at all (since if they could they would just absorb pool water and quickly get too heavy to be of any practical use), they are for containing poop.

BabyTyrant said:
Swim diapers are not meant for pee and don't absorb pee at all
I've read that they have pulp, which is generally used for wicking, so I assumed that they could be used to spread the wetness out in a diaper as a booster.

Last edited:
I am a beginner in diaper booster pads. I was hoping to make my diaper last longer. Do they make me waddle ? I use northshore supreme medium size diapers and I am thinking of going back to tranquility atm medium diaper as well as condfydry medium. Thanks for the advice

Well, I suppose you could try it yourself and tell us the results?

I was worried about getting some sort of swim diaper until I found out they're basically to keep turds contained. XD Which makes sense because you can't put something that absorbs one kind of liquid into another kind of liquid and expect them to not get acquainted at all. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back