Throwing away underwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
As I have worked through accepting incontinence I’ve come to a point where I’m throwing away all my underwear that hasn’t been worn in 7 months. It just frustrates me every time I see it sitting in my closet next to my diapers. Diapers are my new underwear not by choice but rather need. Big step psychology for me.

Agreed, that's a big step. Congrats on coming to terms with it.

I have not and do not plan to throw away my underpants. I wear a pair of stretchy underpants over my diaper to provide support to the diaper and reduce sagging.

Ehorton said:
As I have worked through accepting incontinence I’ve come to a point where I’m throwing away all my underwear that hasn’t been worn in 7 months. It just frustrates me every time I see it sitting in my closet next to my diapers. Diapers are my new underwear not by choice but rather need. Big step psychology for me.

I have thrown away several pair of underwear but still have a small stash in my closet "just in case." I guess I haven't totally accepted the fact that I will never need them again, though I tell myself that I have, so I completely understand the psychological part of it. Congratulations on getting over that hurdle!

Thank you for all the support. It’s a huge step for sure. It’s a crazy feeling when I think about the rest of my life in diapers but oh well. It could be worse. I could be blind, deaf, not be able to walk. So I’m fortunate and thankful for my health.

Congrats! You're really making a step on what I view as a transition.

I only have nappies, net fixing pants, inco pants and plastic pants now.I haven't had any ordinary underwear foryears.

Wow. Congrats. That really is a humongous step you've taken. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you are coming to terms with being diapered 24/7 getting rid of your underwear is a big step towards acceptance. It took me over 2 years before I decided to emiminate my underware never realy thought about it untill me needed drawer space. its been 3.5 years since I have needed them.

I've been 24/7 for over 14 yrs and still have stretchy boxer briefs because I sometimes wear them over a pull-up when exercising. They keep the pull-up in place. However, I haven't worn them in months and just the other day I was going through my clothes to get rid of things I don't wear and saw them. I'll keep them for that purpose only. I guess I do hope I could wear them one day without a diaper, but I know the chances of that happening are close to zero.

Spaz said:
I've been 24/7 for over 14 yrs and still have stretchy boxer briefs because I sometimes wear them over a pull-up when exercising. They keep the pull-up in place. However, I haven't worn them in months and just the other day I was going through my clothes to get rid of things I don't wear and saw them. I'll keep them for that purpose only. I guess I do hope I could wear them one day without a diaper, but I know the chances of that happening are close to zero.[/QUOTE

When the Dr told me I would be dealing with incontinence for the rest of my life a couple of months I struggled with the idea that diapers were my new underwear. I thought for a while well maybe some day I’ll get to wear them again. Finally I just said enough time to move on. To be honest not having the temptation of seeing them helps solidify diapers are it. I have no other types of underwear

Ehorton said:

Well since your most likely never going to need underwear again, It's probably best to just chuck them out. *hugs*

I too have thrown out all my "normal" underwear. Being bladder incontinent for 11+ years now, diapers are the only type of underwear that I have other than my diaper covers/pants.

I've recently decided to stop using regular underwear over my diapers and just wear them directly under my pants. They actually stay in place just fine if you don't move around too much or readjust the tapes.

I kept all my underwear because i still wear it over my diaper to prevent sagging and loose tapes, i think if i could afford some decent onsies i would ditch all my undies in favor of said onsie!

I've thrown away all my old loose-fitting boxers (I never really liked them anyway) but I keep snug-fitting boxer-briefs to wear over my diapers. It prevents sagging and rustling. Like the poster above me, I would rather wear onesies but when the onesies are £30 each and the boxer-briefs are £7 for three, it's no contest.

Tossed out all underwear years ago when I started to need to wear diapers 24/7. Did not need them anymore so why keep them.

I've always been incontinent so I've always worn nappies. I have always worn normal underwear ok top though.

lonnie said:
Tossed out all underwear years ago when I started to need to wear diapers 24/7. Did not need them any more so why keep them.
I found all my normal underwear in the rag bin one day. My wife just said well you might as well clean your motor bike with them as you will never be wearing them again will you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back