a question that fits in this forum catagory

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsem9

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello its me again and i got a question to ask.
So i don't mind it when people wear diapers.
If buying diapers and all the other stuff cost so much money than why do you decide to do it?
Is it that good?

How do you sustain the income to buy diapers and the stuff while having food to eat, stuff to drink and internet for entertainment and communication?

Is this even in the right category?

Last edited:
I probably spend 50 bucks a month on my diapers habit...If i was still drinking like I did 35 years ago I would be spending around 600 bucks a month .. I'll take diapers any day

rsem9 said:
hi its me... again and i got a question to ask.
so i don't mind it when people wear diapers.
but if buying diapers and all the other stuff take so much money than why do you folk decide to do it?
is it that good?

how do you sustain the income to buy diapers and the stuff while having food to eat, stuff to drink and internet for entertainment and communication?

is this even in the right category?

Yes, it's the right area to post this questions. It is about diapers, after all. The short answer is budgeting. I have not read anywhere here that someone gave up food for diapers but I have seen many a member, myself included, go months without because they were unaffordable. Some have been desperate enough to use less quality and some of the youngsters have made their own.

I'm on disability for psychosis and spend around £150.00 a month for all my supples. I wear 24/7 for pee and poo. This includes all my adult nappies, disposable chair pads, incontinence wipes, gloves, nappy bags, black bin liners.

Goes in the budget with the rest of the bills. Whats the point in piling your savings too high? Enjoy at least a tiny sum of it. Whats a couple hundred a month (less or more depending on habits) if you're happy and padded!

rsem9 said:

Good start! :clapping:

rsem9 said:
but if buying diapers and all the other stuff take so much money than why do you folk decide to do it?
is it that good?

Yep! :biggrin:

rsem9 said:
how do you sustain the income to buy diapers and the stuff while having food to eat, stuff to drink and internet for entertainment and communication?

The same way that anyone else sustains an income to buy luxuries. Diapers aren't expensive. As far as "hobbies" go, it's pretty cheap all-in-all.

tiny said:
The same way that anyone else sustains an income to buy luxuries. Diapers aren't expensive. As far as "hobbies" go, it's pretty cheap all-in-all.

That's it in a nutshell. I work a full time job (and more, I probably average around 50-60 hours a week on it), spend the lion's share of my money on necessities like rent, electricity, internet, and food, spend some of the rest on diapers as well as video games, movies, new clothes, eating out at restaurants, and travel, give a little bit to charity, and save what's left over.

As tiny notes, diapers are actually cheaper than a lot of other hobbies. Spending a night roleplaying as a baby costs maybe a couple dollars depending on how many diapers you use, whereas a night out at the movies costs at least $10, more if you're going to an expensive theater and you buy popcorn and a soda. Wearing diapers regularly costs significantly less than having an alcoholic drink several times a week, significantly less than eating out once a week, and significantly less than the gear and gym/club memberships required for many types of sports. It's a very affordable hobby.

Very affordable hobby. I recently moved cross country to a location with a much higher cost of living (3x rent vs 1x my mortgage). From my budget I had to cut another hobby: a reef saltwater fish tank at about $300/month. Diapers are still in the budget with a line item of $100/month. That way I can save up and buy cases of high quality ABDL diapers like Rearz or ABU

rsem9 said:
is it that good?

As others have said, budgeting is the biggest part of it. The other thing to take into consideration though is that as far as hobbies go, diapers take a lot less time, effort, and money. If you go whole-hog AB, with onesies, pacifiers, diapers, cribs, etc.; it's going to cost a lot of money. Let's look at me though. I have two containers of diapers in my closet: half a pack of Goodnites, and most of a pack of Abenas. The Goodnites I have had for over two years, and the Abenas I bought two months ago. My lifetime spending on ABDL items is less than $50. Compare that to video games, movies, sports; it's no contest which is cheaper.

So far, I've been able to indulge my habits as much as it pleases me. Diapers aren't that expensive in the scheme of things. I don't usually want to wear the most expensive kind in any event. Those are for special occasions. The ones I like for everyday wear are pretty reasonably priced. If money got tighter, I've also got cloth diapers to fall back on.

Once you've spent the money you need to spend on necessities, such as rent, bills, insurance, food, etc., the rest is up to you to spend on luxuries. Many people like to spend their extra money on movies, going out to eat, travel, etc. We choose to spend that money on diapers and other little items. It is true that they are expensive, but we've decided that they're worth the money. I used to wear primarily medical diapers because they're much cheaper, but once I tried an ABU diaper for the first time, I realized that they really were worth the extra money.

Think of it as a hobby.

Some people like owning a boat, others go skiing or the beach, some people travel. Other people work with model planes or trains or build models, etc....

This (diapers) are just another hobby that you budget and plan for.

Yeah, these days even the most expensive diapers are a lot less than a pint of decent beer. Interestingly, my wife seems more pissed about the money I spend on diapers now than she ever did regarding the money I spent on beer. I guess she didn't really know how much I was spending on beer back then which is why she pays a lot more attention to my spending now! But the OP brings up an important issue. Myself and I am sure many people on here are in relationships that are significantly strained by the diaper issue. In my relationship, any conversation about diapers is difficult and can often end badly. So, add finances to the equation and things are not going to get any easier. But failure to talk openly about financial issues, I also know from 1st hand experience, can be devastating!

chamberpot said:
I probably spend 50 bucks a month on my diapers habit...If i was still drinking like I did 35 years ago I would be spending around 600 bucks a month .. I'll take diapers any day

bobbilly said:
I'm on disability for psychosis and spend around £150.00 a month for all my supples. I wear 24/7 for pee and poo. This includes all my adult nappies, disposable chair pads, incontinence wipes, gloves, nappy bags, black bin liners.

I'm asking this as an ignorant American. If you are on disability, doesn't the NHS take care of your supplies?

TheWolfEmperor said:
I'm asking this as an ignorant American. If you are on disability, doesn't the NHS take care of your supplies?

No because I'm not incontinent. If I were to become incontinent I could access pads from the continence services but I would still purchase my own, Not that the NHS pads aren't good enough, (they are Tena Slip Supers, cloth backed), its that the NHS isn't very flexible and only do cloth backed pads and I can't stand cloth backed nappies. my disability benefits are enough to purchase my own anyway.

I'm fortunate because my care team know I wear nappies and it's budgeted out my budget so I don't have to worry about overspending, They are automatically delivered every 2 weeks, and I get 6 packets of 14 Molicare Slip Maxi, so in total I get 12 packs a month. I purchase my own incontinence wet wipes (£30.00) Disposable chair pads (£10.00) Gloves and nappy bags. (£15.00) a month.

I know lots of people who get a coffee from Starbucks every day. Then they go out for lunch every day. I find that kind of expenditure incredible. I'm far too thrifty (cheap) to ever do that.

Even if I wore a NorthShore Supreme every day for a week--which I can't, 'cause I have a job--I'd only be spending $9.45 per week on those seven diapers. As it is, I typically wear four diapers a week.

We all afford ourselves little luxuries--those things we don't really need but they make our lives just a little nicer. Maybe for you it's coffee, a magazine, or the latest gadget. It's all money well spent, if you ask me.

We, on the other hand, prefer to piss our money away. :)

-RMS

As far as being really expensive going full on AB, it doesn't even have to be, if you don't need or want all the 'adult' stuffs. I prefer the 'real' stuff, and can easily work with anything in girls size 14/16, even smaller with some things, so my experience all comes from thrift stores and the Pharmacy. I bet with a dozen outfits, a box of toys, a new sucky, and some 'odds and ends', I'm in it for hardly 50$!

BabyDenise said:
Think of it as a hobby.

I'll second that. I know people that go to the bar on the weekends, or that play subscription computer games, have big cell phone plans, or have other hobbies. They do these things for the same reason you wear diapers, because you enjoy it and you want to. You don't need any reason beyond that.

I'm sure most people are financially responsible, and for most it's a once in awhile thing. One case of diapers can last some people months at a time wearing a couple of times per week or so. A case can last as long as the user wants since it's not really a necessity. I'm on the higher end of usage and usually go through a case every 2-3 months. We are financially responsible enough to put things on hold if necessary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back