Kids Menu or Adult Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onesieman said:
I always get the adult meals at restaurant. The only toys I collect are skylanders and amiibo.

Gosh! Amiibo are so neat - I got wolf link in animal crossing from the ZTP amiibo. <3

You know, I'm trying to lose weight, but I have a problem kicking my fast food habit. This might just be a way to indulge my little side and help me to meet my goals...Hmmm, lol

TheGnD said:
You know, I'm trying to lose weight, but I have a problem kicking my fast food habit. This might just be a way to indulge my little side and help me to meet my goals...Hmmm, lol

Just remember, both the restaurant and the wait staff are counting on adults ordering adult portions. If you're orderin' kids menus stuff that's not fast food, it's polite to offer to pay the adult meal price!

I started ordering from the adult menu when I was almost 11 years old during a Caribbean cruise in March 2006, and have never looked back.

I always eat from the main (adult) menu. The children's menu usually just has a few bland options with small portions. Cottage pie or chilli-con-carne and mixed veg would probably be the best choice. I'm surprised how many restaurants still have unhealthy processed junk food on the children's menu.

I've never seen a restaurant that gives away toys with children's food (other than McHappy McMeals)... :-(

Well,

I usually don't order from the kids menu, but in a couple restaurants my ex used to lik, I did!

It was Thai food, and I hate curry, and don't like things too hot either, so orange chicken is on the kids menu...

Yes, she had one child wit, he got beef satay...

Anyhow, I asked for a double or large portion of the kids meal! Awesome

No toys there, but was still great, and good food!

of course I prefer adult meals simply because they are more satisfying.

But sometimes I want kids meal because the gimmick it had (toys, plates, colour drawing and etc.)

So sometimes I just order two set in mcdonalds haha :laugh:

egor said:
One would think so, but there has been issues of some places not allowing people to order off of either menu. So that is why they developed the cards. In ten years thing may have changed.

Where did you get this card? Never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get kids meals from fast food restaurants all the time, anytime that you are getting the food to go. Sit down restaurants however are not quite as accommodating as some other people have mentioned. Cracker Barrel is the only one that every single time they have been wonderful and given me exactly what I asked for. Even restaurants that don't technically have the under 12 restriction usually won't let you without a large extra fee. I think as long as you are with someone that is buying a full priced adult meal they shouldn't give you an issue. There is a Perkins near my house and I want to try the beary Perky pancakes soooooo badly but can't bring myself to argue with them about it. Ce la vi. I'll stick to making their counterpart at home.

LittleAndrea said:
I get kids meals from fast food restaurants all the time, anytime that you are getting the food to go. Sit down restaurants however are not quite as accommodating as some other people have mentioned. Cracker Barrel is the only one that every single time they have been wonderful and given me exactly what I asked for. Even restaurants that don't technically have the under 12 restriction usually won't let you without a large extra fee. I think as long as you are with someone that is buying a full priced adult meal they shouldn't give you an issue. There is a Perkins near my house and I want to try the beary Perky pancakes soooooo badly but can't bring myself to argue with them about it. Ce la vi. I'll stick to making their counterpart at home.

I love Cracker Barrel! Never ordered off their kids' menu, but their adult options are tasty. Grilled rainbow trout, fried chicken livers, dumplings, macaroni and cheese, fried apples, yum!

I tend to order from the Adult menu but, depending where I am eating at I will order from the kids menu as I have a special diet and my tummy does not like certain food and kids food are better for my tummy. But, when I go to Disneyland I almost Always order from the Kids menu!!!

I always have a huge appetite and sometimes I'm not satisfied or filled up whenever I eat out. So I always order from the adult menu. I seriously doubt anything on the kids menu will satisfy me.

I often order happy meals at McDonalds, never asked any questions since a lot of the families have one parent sit at a table and the other go order the stuff. I admit sometimes I order 2 happy meals, 1 chicken mcnuggets meal with fries and the other is usually a cheeseburger with the apple slices and apple juice, I dream of having the guts to bring my sippy cup and ask them to fill it up for me, but I never did. I don't think I could order kids meal at any sit down restaurants in Canada at least, 99% of them have a limited age for kids meals usually its limited to under 12 yrs old and they are very strict about it.

Adults...but I still pick all the vegetables off my food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back