Cracked article including diaper fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdorableRabbit said:
Uh... am I muted?
(Is that even a thing on this forum?)

1. No
2. I have no idea

Ultimately the thing that people overlook is that everything is strange until you try it or experience it , that is the core of humanity, our personalities are built on what we experience and learn , for some cultures eating snails is "normal" it makes me want to hurl , we enjoy hamburgers in the millions of ways they can be prepared, in other cultures they can't imagine eating a burger , diapers are pretty much the same , we have our memories of the whole mind game parents played with one piece and 2 piece diapers , and that diapers are for babies , that can limit and define a person's entire view of diapers , but sadly those the say ABDL are sick or twisted or creepy are the same people with a fixed and unflexable views , you really have no right to talk trash about something until you have actually tried it , have any of these people taped one on every day for week ,probably not ! So they really aren't entitled to an opinion , bondage doesn't sound appealing to me but many enjoy it and spend lots of money exploring and experiencing it , the closeset I have come was ICU delirium and being tied up to keep my from pulling the tunes out , I put up such a fight from being tied up they had to knock me out , so I am sorta entitled to say I wouldn't enjoy it, because I have in a small way experienced it , so the people who say things negative about diaper wearing should shut there piehole about it until they can prove they have tried it , same thing applies to lima beans, I have eaten them fresh from a little Italian lady's garden and prepared by her and several other times, I plain don't enjoy them, should that stop you from trying and enjoying them ,No!

Different strokes for different folks , don't condemn something without ever trying it , that makes for ignorant people who think because they are alive they have the right to have an opinion, I don't care if altering trying you want to say it's not for you , but you could be surprised and decide I like this and am going to run with it an explore it , people have different hobbies for different reasons during there life , some people walk away from a hobby for years before returning to it. Diapers just have the previously mentioned previously programmed ideas in there head that define who "needs" and who "uses" diapers and I think that is the root of the problem , people are no longer willing to be flexible and open minded on the issue , homosexuality was like that for years and then some flexible people caused a revolution in the ways others thought about it , what matter is it of mine who you love or why , if you enjoy it that's what counts and myself and many others who have not tried it should shut up about it unless and until we have experienced it . I wear diapers because I am IC , I explore the diaper world because it makes things more interesting and is constantly changing ( no pun intended)other people who hate change and all that it represents may become IC without ever becoming ABDL involved , but they at least have experience with diapers and don't walk around condemning something just out of ignorance ( unless of course they are newly IC and then they bitch profusely about the new complication in life) newly spinal cord injury patients are the same way , but you have to mourn your loss before you can embrace what is still possible and optimize those things to work for you .

People should just stop condemning , and start trying , you weren't born likening something, hot fudge was gross until you tried it , so was ice cream all though I love ice cream, does that mean if I didn't I should picket and protest out side of Ben & Jerry's and try to get others to say it's gross and disgusting ,certainly not .

So all the diaper haters should shut up and keep it to themselves , unfortunately the media thrives on controversy and speculation and likes to poison people against what they don't understand or agree with , that's why there is few contacts between the media and ABDL that has not been edited to make people out to be something out of a carnival sideshow ,and this keéps the dialog of ignorance and prejudice rolling along ,we need to advance the dialog of understanding by "converting" others to either be a little more open minded towards tolerance of diaper wearing if they won't experience it themselves before forming a negative opinion or even better get people to tape up for a week to see if it moves them one way or the other. It seems with people and the diaper issue they either have a fixed and false idea of wearing or they are one of us and silently go on trying to fly under the radar , there is no middle area or grey area , there are very few people of the opinion try it and then decide , then again those with that viewpoint would not have a public voice that others would want to receive or hear without trying to shout them down .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Gsmax said:
I don't get offended by people calling ABDL weird, strange, gross, etc. But any connection to pedophilia crosses the line for me. I didn't actually read the text for #3 simply because the reference towards kiddy play grossed me out and made me pissed.

This isn't even the first time Cracked has talked about ABDL. They wrote an article all about ABDL about a year ago, and that was fine. The representation in that article was fine. But this, No. At least the article isn't about ABDL and people are focusing much more on the other parts of the article that really talk about hypnosis and aren't really discussing ABDL.
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2202-4-realities-being-adult-with-diaper-fetish.html

there's been a few pedophiles who are clearly in into ABDL.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/victims-of-joseph-garbarini-the-teacher-caught-molesting-kindergartners-are-suing-plano-isd-principal-7138840

there's another guy in texas who lured/picked up a 16 or 17 year old boy who walked across from mexico. Enrolled the 17 year old as a 4th grader in a school and sent him to school in diapers telling the staff he needs diapers. That guy also got prison time rightfully and thankfully.

and then there was that guy who adisc's mods reported to police as well as banned from the community.

Also I recall another story of where some teenage boy I think from canada maybe 14-15 was molested in a restroom being led with the promise of diapers. No idea if the perp there was ABDL but the teenager was required to be outted not only to his family but the court system. This atop of being molested.

Just, ugh.

Wonderful points being made here.

Im a logical and rational person and i cannot defend the notion that liking to wear diapers isn't weird.

Yes i have IC issues and could use a pad but that feels feminine to me, thus making me weird for wearing one whole diaper lol.

I would be considered crazy and dangerous(By virtue of diaper association), by an average person, because they would not understand as you all do.

I don't think this thing we share needs rationalization.

Onesie pjs are a huge thing, and its crazy!
You have to take the whole thing off to use the toilet.

We just need a well known celeb to admit they love wearing diapers and watch the sheeple follow.

Not because they like it, but because a famous person aka social leader/role model has begun a whacky trend.

This is the only way it will be socially acceptable for a person to want to wear that can in the long run.

Social acceptability in the form of popularity.

Slomo said:
And yet this is exactly what I have been saying this whole time. And this quote alone adds a lot of support to exactly what you're trying to argue against.

Once we are able to seperate out the sexual aspect from being abdl (which is undeniably still there), then we will be better suited to get everyone, including ourselves, to understand that we are more than just the sexual aspect of it, and actual people whom are known and loved. To be socially accepted for who we are.

This is how we apply that very same thing we gays (meaning me as well) have already gone through, to that abdl acceptance as well. Though yes I do state again, and agree, it may not fully translate to ABDL's like it did with Gays.

Again though, it is one possible solution and I have yet to hear any other possible solutions from you or anyone else- just the complaints. So instead of trying to help and work towards this, the real question is why are you so bent on working against it?

Within the same post you quoted, I gave what I think is a more practical and effective approach. It is also one that doesn't leave anyone behind. I reject the premise that it is necessary or even helpful to flee from the sexual underpinnings of this behavior when it is there (obviously, there's no need to bother for those for whom it is not sexual in the first place). The degree to which you believe it should be deemphasized isn't clear, since you accept that it is a thing.

I think it also might be helpful to see what you mean by acceptance in the first place. What I want from acceptance is that this should not be career or relationship ending should it come out. We are making decided progress on this as we speak. More threads are appearing if couples working through the challenges. The ones where things were destroyed are getting less common. It's going to be work but I'd like it normalized to the extent where adults can talk about it when needed.

I'm fine with this being weird. I don't see it becoming "normal" and I don't even think I would want it that way. I prefer the path of engagement that is honest about who and what we are and that produces a good outcome for the most weirdos.

Trevor said:
The degree to which you believe it should be deemphasized isn't clear, since you accept that it is a thing.

I think it also might be helpful to see what you mean by acceptance in the first place. What I want from acceptance is that this should not be career or relationship ending should it come out....
.....It's going to be work but I'd like it normalized to the extent where adults can talk about it when needed

There probably is no real definable point for everyone out there. But I'd say to start, at least to where if our being diapered comes up, then sex or pedophilia shouldn't be the first thing that pops into people's minds. Maybe one day to where others would even think this is just a part of who we are, maybe not by choice for us, but at least not so crazy out there either.

Yes pretty much that kind of acceptance. Where it's possible for for us to still be viewed the same way by others, before and after they find out we're into diapers. Not even mediacally, but as a compulsory part of who we are simply because we like wearing them. And yeah, it's going to take a LOT of work to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back