Bambino diapers quality drop PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

goten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just a warning for you guys buying diapers from Bambino.

I just bought a case of Biancos from Bambino's Halloween sale. They have made the diapers about 30% thinner, and are now using an even less soft plastic outer layer than the case I bought around June-July. It almost feels like a shower curtain liner now. I have attached photos for proof. These are not just packaged tighter, the physical product weighs less, too.

This is something Bambino always does. Whenever they launch a new product- this time the Magnifico, they will claim the new product is the thickest ever. They do this by making their older products thinner. And then they charge more for their new products. They have done this since 2006. And Secure Personal Care has done it since I started buying from them in 2004. I've pointed this out before, but never thought to save older cases for photo proof. Until now.

I understand that prices and quality can't stay the same forever due to inflation. But the way they do this in secret is to me very underhanded, so I thought you all should know about this.

At this point a Bianco is $1.58 a diaper despite having no print and hard plastic. I have switched to Fabines for $1.30 a diaper with a full diaper print and soft plastic and 30% thicker. They swell like crazy due to way more SAP and hold the same as the $2.05 a diaper Bellissimos. And now they want $3.20 a diaper by the case for the Magnificos, which is a new record high price for AB/DL diapers.

As much as I respect Bambino for showing the world there was a market for AB/DL diapers, they are no longer competitive and their underhanded tactics are too much. I won't be buying from them again unless they issue an apology and fix this.

unnamed3.jpg

Here are three Bianco diapers from a freshly opened pack of each. The old on the left, new on the right.

unnamed2.jpg

Here are packages of 8 compared side by side. Old on the bottom, new on the top.

unnamed1.jpg

Here's a top-down view. Old on the left, new on the right.

Reactions: Captain
WOW!
Thanks for taking the time to back up your claims. This will make me think twice on my next order.

I've never tried them so I can't directly speak to it, but perhaps they have simply changed the pulp to sap ratio.

That is certainly possible. I am not sure how to measure that. I would rather not waste two diapers with a 100mL repeated pour test if possible. Perhaps one of the expert reviewers here can do so for us?

I too found the same thing in the last purchase of Biancos nothing like what i had in the past. For that i will not purchase anything from them again.

That's really a shame that there older lines have to suffer every time they release a new product. Hopefully as many people have caught it this time they will either reduce the price to make up for the quality or restore the quality to the level prior to the launch of their new product.

Are there any Bambino reps here who care to comment? I haven't tried Bambino yet, but of course I've heard tons about them and they're on my list of diapers I had to at least try (and possibly switch over to as my mains). I have high hopes/expectations for them however this makes me feel like sticking with ABU that much more cause I have experience with those and think they're great. Not to mention they've only been improving since Casey has taken over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have definitely noticed a quality drop, thanks for sharing those pictures and reassuring that I am not crazy... :)

I ordered a lot of them a while back and slowly rationed them out over a long period of time. With my past few orders I have definitely felt a difference in the thickness of the diaper and even the absorbency to some extent. Bambino has always been my go-to diaper supplier, and I don't really have any plans on changing that habit, but I certainly wish that they won't continue that trend any further.

Competition always creates grief for the pioneers. So, this could be the attempt to stay competitive by reducing manufacturing costs. That and trying to develop new products that keep your edge. It's not an easy balancing act. And this market is getting crowded and that reduces your customer base. Many years ago I seem to remember a diaper with long squiggly colors. I think they were the first to do colored shells. I cannot remember the name. Whatever happened to them?

I despise dirty shrinkflation practitioners and now will not order from them again with this evidence.

Well they're definitely off my list of potential diapers for my next order.

Too late for me since I literally just ordered some Bambinos yesterday. I certainly hope the ones I just ordered are just as good as the previous diapers I've ordered from them.

I hope their boosters haven't suffered any quality cuts as well, I really like the Quadros.

Klassy Komfort?

I tend to go for their X plus from Bambino diapers. But I notice on their name brand stuff gone down hill.

That's so sad :( what a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Klassy Komfort?

Long gone. I tried to order those a couple of years ago. The website was still functioning and it looked like I could order, but it also looked like the site hadn't been updated in a decade. Just to be sure before I placed an order, I emailed them. They stated that they were no longer selling diapers.

I too have noticed the change in Bambinos, including the non-ABDL stuff like the X-plus. Really unfortunate. I ordered a case of magnificos during the pre-sale. If they turn out to be thin, then I will be unfortunately done with Bambino. I will probably go to Rearz then. To avoid their extortionate shipping costs, i'll just drive to their warehouse and pick up a bunch. 7 hour drive from Chicago. Good excuse for a road trip!

If I am too lazy to make the drive, then I will order from Northshore or ABU. With so many good choices out there, Bambino is really shooting themself in the foot with this quality issue. The thing is, I dont think there are any ABDL people working there, so I doubt they really understand us. Adam from Northshore isnt ABDL that I know of, but at least he made a genuine attempt at understanding us when he was designing his product.

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Klassy Komfort?

Yeah!!! that's the ones.
thanks a bunch.

Thanks for the heads up. Bambino is my brand at the moment, but I might think twice when I order next.
I too am also curious if there are any Bambino reps on here that would like to comment on the situation. Perhaps someone should email them about it?

More testing here. I can't post pics because they were used, but the new Biancos do not appear to swell any more than the old ones, which is the most scientific test I can think of to rule out adding more SAP- I don't think there is more. So far we have at least four people saying they are worse, and no one saying they're the same, so I think it's safe to say they lowered the quality now.

thickdiapers said:
I ordered a case of magnificos during the pre-sale. If they turn out to be thin, then I will be unfortunately done with Bambino.

I'm guessing they will be slightly thicker than the old Bellissimos from July. At least they better be since they raised the price by 60%. I don't know if Bambino made the new Bellissimos thinner because I didn't buy any in October. Does anyone here have an old and new order of Bellissimos to compare?

happilyderanged said:
I too am also curious if there are any Bambino reps on here that would like to comment on the situation. Perhaps someone should email them about it?

I am curious too. I really don't want to hurt their company as I'm really thankful for them starting off the AB diaper business. But I'm really tired of being taken advantage of like this. If you have to cut quality or raise prices then you need to tell your customers you are doing it! Not hope they don't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back