homemade/jerry rigged diapers

better

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
The other day I saw some posts about childhood diaper wearing and alternatives like pooping in toilet paper lined underwear etc. I'm kinda in that situation but just want to hear others experiences

• Thinking
Reactions: Canadianfalls and PadPhilosopher
better said:
The other day I saw some posts about childhood diaper wearing and alternatives like pooping in toilet paper lined underwear etc. I'm kinda in that situation but just want to hear others experiences
Minus the 'childhood' bit, right? ;)

Here's one recipe.

I never made diapers out of towels (or TP) and garbage bags because there were always cloth baby diapers (prefolds) around the house. Peeing in them was an issue (I couldn't do laundry), but wearing them was fun enough most of the time. When I was too big to wear them as-is, I'd pin 2-3 of them together. I also cut up some older underwear and used the elastic waistband to make diaper extenders, both for cloth and disposable baby diapers.

Care to elaborate on your situation? Collectively we have a lot of experience being sneaky and getting things past parents. :) I was buying Pampers for myself at age 12. It took courage, but it certainly wasn't complicated.

Reactions: Belarin, PadPhilosopher and LittleTyke
Jerry rigged diapers with light scratches at a level 6 with deeper grooves at a level 7

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: soggybottoms8882, DLScottsman, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I once (as an older adult) used linen dish towels inside plastic pants fashioned from white kitchen-size trash bags. Only peed in it of course.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Angelapinks
This used to be all the rage back in "the day", pretty much every usenet and forum had multiple articles a day talking about how to turn various combinations of toiletries and shopping bags into a rough approximation of a diaper.

I'd say ubiquitous choice in diapers and effortless online shopping with discrete shipping options have pretty much killed that whole thing for the vast majority of adults and at this point probably teens.

I remember doing this and actually getting ok-enough results, end of the day it's all just props for your own internal head games, but it doesn't even come close in comparison to the real thing, and the real thing is no longer even close to the unobtainium it once was.

SparkyDog said:
Jerry rigged diapers with light scratches at a level 6 with deeper grooves at a level 7
Oh I enjoyed that.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and SparkyDog
Once staying out of town for work I ran low on diapers. The last night I only had one left and I knew I needed it to work the next day. I got some packing tape out of my truck I take a couple bath towels from my motel and made a diaper and taped them on. Then I took a trash bag and stuck my toes through the corners and pulled it up and taped it on. I slept in it and surprising it caught my urine no issue. I have always packed extra since =that day. It was one of those 2 day work trips that turned into a week,

Reactions: PricklyPear, PadPhilosopher and Angelapinks
I first got (back) into diapers in middle elementary school. We still had a lot of cloth diapers around the house from my little brother who was just out of them. I'd line my underwear with them and pee. Not too much or they'd leak like a sieve! :ROFLMAO:

I had an older brother who wet the bed now and then (without diapers), so I slipped the used ones in the laundry without anyone (so far as I know) connecting them back to me. 😉

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Diaperman95 said:
Once staying out of town for work I ran low on diapers. The last night I only had one left and I knew I needed it to work the next day. I got some packing tape out of my truck I take a couple bath towels from my motel and made a diaper and taped them on. Then I took a trash bag and stuck my toes through the corners and pulled it up and taped it on. I slept in it and surprising it caught my urine no issue. I have always packed extra since =that day. It was one of those 2 day work trips that turned into a week,
Please tell me you just tossed those towels after..

I used to put a paper towel in my underwear so that I coii you led poop in them. Pee washed out, but I didn’t want stained undies!

Diaperman95 said:
I have done the towel and trash bag diaper many times, not because I couldn't do anything better, but because it was so cost effective; it's a great option if hiding it isn't necessary. I used it as a night diaper for quite awhile. I don't have a washing machine that works right now, and I have disposables that are very cost effective, but no question, this works. And no, @RukTheKansasDiaperLover I didn't throw them away. They wash just fine.

Mmm Jerryrigged diapers I used to look up how to do a shirt diaper but I would line it with another shirt then fold it in just to get the feeling of wearing a diaper but I never actually used it
The other one was a towel diaper
I remember a long time ago I saw a video on YouTube on how to make a homemade adult diaper it was made with paper towels and a trash Bag I never made it my self but i thought it was interesting

RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
Please tell me you just tossed those towels after..
Nope. I rinsed them out with water and left them in the tub. I don't have no std's and it will wash out. Lol I don't throw away my bed sheets or bed pads at home. Do you?.... It is only pee.

Reactions: Jyob and PadPhilosopher
haven't checked my notifications in a while and thought I would not get any replies so thanks for the answers

Cottontail said:
Minus the 'childhood' bit, right? ;)

Here's one recipe.

I never made diapers out of towels (or TP) and garbage bags because there were always cloth baby diapers (prefolds) around the house. Peeing in them was an issue (I couldn't do laundry), but wearing them was fun enough most of the time. When I was too big to wear them as-is, I'd pin 2-3 of them together. I also cut up some older underwear and used the elastic waistband to make diaper extenders, both for cloth and disposable baby diapers.

Care to elaborate on your situation? Collectively we have a lot of experience being sneaky and getting things past parents. :) I was buying Pampers for myself at age 12. It took courage, but it certainly wasn't complicated.
sorry for being late, I don't have a credit card or anything and would feel to embarrassed(don't really have the courage) to go to the CVS down the road because I know some of the employees as me and my friend go there a lot for snacks and stuff

Being very creative and the fact I never actually stopped being a baby, I pretty much fashioned anything and everything I could as a kid, into a nappy. By the time I was a teen I could pretty well approximate any type of nappy I wanted to. Authenticity has always been an important part of my regression. If it doesn’t look or feel like the real deal, it just doesn’t cut it.

Thankfully I don’t have to anymore with access to so many options, but I do kinda miss the excitement of building my diaper creations.

Born in "59" makeshifts were easy as towels until they got wet. My biggest score was making plastic pantys to go over them out of a shower curtain, tighty-whity elastic and sealing the seams with mom's iron.

Reactions: ozbub and PadPhilosopher
I did several makeshift diaper creations as a kid . I couldnt obviously buy my own diapers at say 10 so I had to get creative. I would piece together layers of paper towels and white plastic garbage bags to simulate a nice plastic diaper. It did come pretty close to the real thing. My younger sister was still in diapers at the time also . I didnt take nay of her diapers because I know my mom would figure out some were missing . She was good at detecting that stuff. She did though double up her diaper at night often by taking the plastic off one of the diapers and putting another over that one. So there were often several plastic sheets leftover. I would take a few and fit them and tuck them over my underwear. It too simulated a real plastic diaper as well. So these were some ways I satisfied my diaper wants as a child after I potty trained.

I've done that whole makeshift nappy thing too as a little boy, using so many different methods usually with a plastic carrier bag over as a "plastic pants" alternative, I got good enough at making those that I could accurately eyeball how much I'd need to cut off of each corner to fit my legs snugly enough to prevent leaks but loose enough to not restrict blood flow. Not sure how well that would work now at least in the UK with the whole government attempt to reduce plastic bag waste, most stores round here the bags they use are so thin now I can't seen them lasting long for that use. If doing that look for nice thick plastic bags that don't tear or stretch too easily.

I've tried shirts tied on like a wrap and stuffed with things, 2 underpants lined with things between them (thick thermal pure cotton socks rolled up work quite well) toilet paper lined pants (for pooping, this will not hold wee without using way too much to be feasible) and when my sister grew out of them and mum cleaned and asked me to store her old terry flat nappies in the attic I grabbed a bunch of them out to use as pads/liners in underpants, bath towels also work the best if you learn how to fold and pin them.

I also had some weird bags that some items came in from deliveries that was a few mm thick, white and felt a bit like Styrofoam (don't think it was but was definitely something similar), I discovered they were waterproof and they were large enough that I could cut the sides to shape leg holes, the top had like a draw string in it already that held them up and I folded over and glued the new leg hole edges down a little bit, enough to thread some string and make draw strings for them too so everything could be pulled snug and tied. They were large enough to fit a folded bath towel nappy and worked really well to keep wee in. They got ripped after a while though and I didn't see any more bags like that for a long time (well after I was able to buy real PP).

better said:
sorry for being late, I don't have a credit card or anything and would feel to embarrassed(don't really have the courage) to go to the CVS down the road because I know some of the employees as me and my friend go there a lot for snacks and stuff
I understand the concern here, first time I bought actual nappies in a store at 12 / 13 ish I went all the way into the city centre to the Boots store (big chemist/pharmacy chain over here). Must have gone past at least 3 other chemists and several other shops where I could have got nappies just so I was far enough away there would be no chance of running into people I knew.

If ordering supplies online is not an option but travelling to a store further away from you is I would strongly suggest doing so, there really is no beating the real thing with makeshift nappies. There really is no need to worry about employees in a pharmacy saying anything, sure it's daunting but they probably sell dozens of bags a day if it's a busy store and really don't care what you are buying. Other general stores like a supermarket that happen to sell them might be worse they often have younger/teenage staff who might find a person buying adult nappies amusing, but they also risk losing their jobs if you complain about them saying something.

Another option even at your local CVS is to have some kinda plan practised, the first time I went to buy I had a whole speech practised and answers to potential questions, The plan was to pick up Denture glue at the same time (something I clearly wouldn't need as a 12 year old) and then if asked say I was running errands for my grandparents on the way to visit them. Of course if the people you meet there know your grandparents that might not be effective but is a possibility. As it happened I didn't need it as not a single person in the store (a very large store) staff nor customer asked why a 12 year old was walking round carrying and buying adult nappies. People just don't care.

My favourite Jerry-Rigged diaper growing up was a small blanket I folded for thickness and placed in my underwear. For plastic pants I would use grocery or white garbage bags.

As an adult, I got sentimental this week and ordered materials for my new favourite homemade diaper this week. I ordered 36x36" disposable bed mats, and will fill them with several boosters, then taping them on with packing tape. It's very effective if you remember to fold the edges in at the legs, or wear a good wicking diaper with pinholes added, as the base layer within the bed mat shell.

Back