Does ABU finally have fixed printing for diapers?

GoSuperMarcus said:
Glad to see y'alls excitement. It's been both a blessing and a curse having to keep quiet about this new product!
Can you give any idea of when or if we will see these in the uk?

BabyLink9 said:
Is this real?!?

Edit: OMG it is!!! Now just make them cloth-backed and one tape and I'm in heaven.
seriously, why don't they have 1 tape per side? They need to make another version with 1 tape per side like the bunnyhops. These are the cutest diapers I've ever seen, but when I saw 4 tapes, I stepped back a little. They went all that way to recreate a modern baby diaper, but 'forgot' the best part: 1 tape per side.

Reactions: MeDisneyBaby and BabyLink9
Bby said:
Can you give any idea of when or if we will see these in the uk?
Soon. I can't give a specific time frame yet I'm afraid.

This product was designed by our Japan team so we are giving them some time to shine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Sheepies, munkey and 9 others
GoSuperMarcus said:

This product was designed by our Japan team so we are giving them some time to shine. :)
Well let them shine on for a half hour longer, then go get them yourself and sell us some allready!

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, DLonly, BabyLink9 and 2 others
mihannes said:
Every diaper looks pretty much exactly the same. The fact that they can do that allows for prints designed for specifically the back and front, for example.

All other ABDL diapers don't have that. They have some kind of repeating pattern. The exact positions of elements of the print is different for each diaper, which must have something to do with how the machines work. I imagine they cut printed plastic from a huge roll of plastic. If you have a whole diaper design (as I called it) the machine needs to cut the plastic at the right location, otherwise the design appears shifted on the next diaper. That's difficult, apparently. The easy solution is to use a pattern where it doesn't really matter where it's cut.
I like it when I see a pack of diapers that are cut and sequentially packed and the pattern in the pack on the folded edge progresses a little at a time. Has anyone else noticed that?

Reactions: TigerDL
If only I was out about all this to my friends. I would totally have my friend that makes yearly trips to Japan pick me up a few packs. ☹

Yo, ABU, you got to stop!! You're turning me into too much of a baby. 😄

I'd love a 2 velcro tape version too, but this looks awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyLink9
GoSuperMarcus said:

Do you know if they’ll be available here in XL+ for the…chunkier…among us?

Can’t wait for XL+ to arrive generally. But in those prints…ohmygoodness I’d wee myself with excitement 🤞

Reactions: Sheepies
mihannes said:
Every diaper looks pretty much exactly the same. The fact that they can do that allows for prints designed for specifically the back and front, for example.

All other ABDL diapers don't have that. They have some kind of repeating pattern. The exact positions of elements of the print is different for each diaper, which must have something to do with how the machines work. I imagine they cut printed plastic from a huge roll of plastic. If you have a whole diaper design (as I called it) the machine needs to cut the plastic at the right location, otherwise the design appears shifted on the next diaper. That's difficult, apparently. The easy solution is to use a pattern where it doesn't really matter where it's cut.

I never thought about the distinction until this thread. Here are the exteriors of 174 adult diapers. They follow the continuous pattern you described, with the only positioned elements coming from occasional landing zones.

Except, sort of, in two cases:

Fabine Mega Booster Teddy Blue/Pink (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Fabine Teddy Pink (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

The parts where the pattern bulges out are lined up with the overall hourglass shape. So these diapers are halfway between the usual continuous print and a real full-diaper design using fixed printing.

Meanwhile full-diaper designs are pretty common in baby diapers and child pull-ups. Here are 43 baby diapers and 27 child pull-ups. Among the pull-ups, there's only one that's plain white and one with a continuous design. The rest have fixed printing.

Some examples of fixed printing:

Pampers Baby-Dry (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Huggies Platinum Diaper (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Huggies Boys' Pull-Ups Learning Designs for Boys (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Tugaboos Training Pants for Girls (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, XLolixLolitax, TigerJams and 2 others
Does ABU preschool have fixed printing? On each of the four designs, the prints are laid out exactly the same way (ie, one abc print is exactly the same as any other abc print).
Speaking of the preschools, are they discontinued in Japan? Only the plastic backed version is available.

Last edited:
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Does ABU preschool have fixed printing? On each of the four designs, the prints are laid out exactly the same way (ie, one abc print is exactly the same as any other abc print).
Speaking of the preschools, are they discontinued in Japan? Only the plastic backed version is available.

The PreSchools are an example of having the print only on the landing zone, so it's always in the same place. The fixed printing approach, on the other hand, is a design over the whole shell as often seen in baby diapers (see two posts up).

ABUniverse PreSchool Cloth-Backed (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

ABUniverse PreSchool Plastic (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

Last edited:
This is so exciting to see, I hope they make the outside of the non-woven(ckoth-backing) softer. The cloth-backed Cushies feel very papery. This is so close to being my dream diaper I can’t believe it.

Now all they need to do is narrow the pad a bit and widen the back and top sheet to get the elastics spaced out away from the pad an it will be a true lookalike. Not to mention a much better performer. Sent ABU some info on it years ago. Looks like we'll be stuck with the same leaky but wings for some time still.

If these came to the U.S. I'd totally buy these. Pampers have long been a favorite but nothing has come close enough to the more modern Pampers that I grew up with as a kid.

Oh my god, I want these so bad. If I could read Japanese, I would splurge for the uber expensive shipping... But I can't enter my shipping info because I can't read it. :p

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

• Haha
Reactions: Allthatandthechips, reliablealter, Dan09 and 3 others
I honestly prefer plastic backed, but these are cute so I might have to get a pack when they come out

Reactions: Scott729
It's the pretty much Pampers-green that's got me excited.
-
WE
PP (and more)

Reactions: TigerDL, XLolixLolitax, Scott729 and 1 other person
WeakEndPartyPerson said:
It's the pretty much Pampers-green that's got me excited.
-
WE
PP (and more)
Yup, the fact they’ve used that green is a massive plus point from me 😁

Reactions: TigerDL, XLolixLolitax, BabyLink9 and 1 other person
mihannes said:

It's not...

You print a black mark for each print on the web of material, it doesn't really matter too much where - either near the end or half way down each design...

Then you use an optical sensor that triggers the cut when it sees it, along with the normal height and other adjustments for each cycle of production..

Look on the front landing strip of any abdl diaper and you'll find a similar mark, usually black... Or on any baby diaper with unique front and back designs.. It's a pretty standard technique used in reel-to-reel manufacturing. Source: worked at a label printing factory

Reactions: Dhuum and WillFord384
Back