Do you have a song that always makes you cry, and why?

Not really make my cry, but...

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
DLJosie said:
love is all aroundd by wet wet wet incase u havent heard of them they are a scottish band i dont know if the song is theyre own or not or they covered it but when i was 13 i met a girl older than me that i went out with and fell in love with and still love to this then i goot her pregnant when i was 14 yes i know i mightve been a bit young to be a father at that age but she was 17 but looked a lot younger anyway long story short her cousin got her into drugs which nobody knew nothing about and she was found overdosed 4 months pregnant and to this day there iss only 3 people that know se was pregnant with my child and 2 of them took it to teir grave and the other person was my childhood best friend who is bassically a brother to me stiill to this day who i told about 2 or 3 years ago that wasnt very happy with me for not telling him but explained my unruly behaviour for years after that and not wnting children as i thought i was cursed and they wouldnt make it i dono what i have done in previous life but i mustve been a really bad person because of all the suffering ive endured durin my 43 years on this planet im not wanting any sympathy or anyone felling sorry for me im used to it now and im noot caring if anyone beleives me or not but its true when i found out my ex parnter was pregnant with our 1st child i was 27 when igot te phonecall to yell me the news it shouldve been a joyful occasion but icollapsed in a heap thinking the baby would never make it i was tat upset my mum had to sedate me to stop me crying and she told me to stop thinking like that and it wall all turnout as planned and she will get another beautiful grandchild that was nearly 16 years ago and she is now 15 years of age i actually have a boy of 6 years aswell to the same mum as my daughter and i couldnt be more in love with anyone than i am with my kids. dono why i keep writing resonses as big as that its maybe cause i get a bit sentimental at tis time of year but if i hear that song i spiral out of control xxx
That's a really very upsetting read. You were too young to become a father at 14, you were both still children yourselves, that said, i'm very sad to read what happened thereafter. 😔 It is very tragic situation indeed, and i understand just how traumatic a situation at the time that would have been for you, and also everyone else involved. 😭

I'm sure that you are a very good dad to your daughter and son, and it is clearly very evident that you love them both very much. 🫂

Last edited:
Reactions: DLJosie
lucaD said:
For sure. When I was younger those lyrics had a more literal significance for me as well. Now it almost fills me with a sense of existential dread and tragedy. It’s a song that grew in meaning to me as I got older.
Yes,
dogboy said:
Hurt gets to me as well. I was a cutter as a kid. I've worked it into some of my more serious writing.

Jonny Cash - Hurt is a very powerful moving song! I thing it is impossible to listen to it without feeling his pain in every word. It makes me cry too! 😢

Last edited:
KCA said:
I don't have that personal connection, but this is still a very sad song. The first time I heard it, pretty much the day American IV was released, it got me. And then I saw the video clip and it was just...wow: two people who knew they were at the end of the road looking over what was left of past glories. No wonder Trent Reznor said that it was no longer his song.

My contribution to this thread is:

Yes, Nick Cave has faced tragedy. He lost his son Arthur at just 15 in 2015, and then Jethro in 2022.

LittleAndAlone said:
Any version of this. SNES kid forever. Truly the Golden Age of video games.

I always kept a save outside the opera house to listen to this whenever I wanted and near blew the speakers in my TV.

Original SNES version in all its 16 bit 32 kHz 8-channel sample synthesis glory. This is my Disney and Shakespeare.

OST’s from Nintendo games are always excellent and that’s a beautiful piece!

I’m definitely getting mega nostalgia vibes from that one and I wasn’t even a SNES kid (N64 was my jam) but thank you for reminding me of this era of video game music. Might need to go find some YouTube playlists and jam out for a bit now :)

ILuvDiapers said:
That's a really very upsetting read. You were too young to become a father at 14, you were both still children yourselves, that said, i'm very sad to read what happened thereafter. 😔 It is very tragic situation indeed, and i understand just how traumatic a situation at the time that would have been for you, and also everyone else involved. 😭

I'm sure that you are a very good dad to your daughter and son, and it is clearly very evident that you love them both very much. 🫂
sorry i didnt mean it to be... bk then aslong as you had your family to help out we could try be a mum and dad and i wanted it so much but yeah i wouldve been to young bk then and my kids now think im a great dad i dont tho but thats me and yeah i honestly couldnt live without thwm now the love is unreal ive got for them xxx

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
Melissa by the Allman Brothers Band. In my early twenties I was partying for several days and after listening to this song early one morning I decided that I was going off to the big city to ask my ex-girlfriend, who had moved away a month earlier, to marry me. Fortunately my friend, whose car I needed to borrow to make the trip, refused as he said it was just the drugs that were making me think that it was a good idea to propose to her. I’ll always be indebted to him for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: CLPP and ILuvDiapers
Deleted member 58849 said:
Duran Duran’s Ordinary World
I just plugged it in...and now I remember. And by halfway through, I was weeping. Gads... 🥲

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 77055
BobbiSueEllen said:
I just plugged it in...and now I remember. And by halfway through, I was weeping. Gads... 🥲
Went to go see them in September. What a show.

Alan Parsons Project - "Old and Wise". In rememberance of my godfather with whom I spent much too little time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sissyleslie and CLPP
I get very emotional to a lot of music in general but 2 songs that always get me no matter what (especially when I since along) Together Forever from Pokemon and Fire & Rain by James Taylor.

ElPulpo said:
Alan Parsons Project - "Old and Wise". In rememberance of my godfather with whom I spent much too little time.

One of my absolute all time favourites. That and In My Life by the Beatles. Similar vibe to each other, for me anyway.

Puff the Magic Dragon. Long ago I had a girlfriend who was schizophrenic and sometimes she would have these little meltdowns. Not a mental break, she'd just kinda fall apart and freak out. I could calm her down by singing to her and gently talking her down. That was her favorite song so I sang it a lot

KCA said:
No wonder Trent Reznor said that it was no longer his song.
Speaking of Trent, 8 Billion is one of his many amazing instrumentals that makes me cry.

If you are not familiar with the NIN instrumental albums I recommend finding Ghosts IV song 34 which might sound familiar! As they are released under creative commons licence they are often sampled!

Sleep well my angel by we are the fallen. Triggers a lot of things in me, bad experances and hopes dashed.
Hate me by eurielle. Was used as a promice from my mistress in dark times.

Plenty of others but they are much darker and triggering.

Honey Bobbie Goldsboro.
Talks of lost love.

Just recently heard “Dreamin” by Selena, and even though I’m not all that big into R&B (metal and classic rock are more my jam), that one got me all drippy eyed! Watched the final episode of that Netflix biop and it hits even harder. 😭

Songs don’t make me cry , some move me .
I think we all have songs that have moved us, got us through or reminded us of difficult or sad times in our lives.
Like a few others here the biggest song that stands out to me is Hurt. It matters not if it’s Johny Cash or the original rendition by Nine inch Nails , it always takes me back to my 17 yr old sons death,
Nothing makes me cry except thoughts of him at times . Those’re is nothing in this world that was harder than loosing him and nothing that has changed me more or wanted me not to exist anymore . The only thing that saved me was my 5 year old daughter at the time who still needed a daddy. Ever since his passing, more than 20 yrs now , i have never been able to get off anti depressants, they keep me in a better state of mind and allow me to function . The down side is they also make me pretty much more indifferent or unfeeling to everything .
It seems I only exist but don’t we all ?

Reactions: ABChick
ElPulpo said:

Hauntingly Beautiful. Colin Blunstone is a fine singer.

Back