Do you have a song that always makes you cry, and why?

RoseofThorns said:
There's a few. Concrete Angel, Alyssa lies Whiskey Lullaby. The first 2 I can visualize the story and it hits home. The last I shared with an x bf and he sent it to me the night we agreed to separate after trying to take his life. I woke mom up and she called 9-11 and they broke the door down to get to him as his aunt is deaf. She later told me that we saved him that night.
Wow, so you and your mom saved his life! 🫂

• Love
Reactions: RoseofThorns
MikeRotch said:
Half a man:
Another love:
Lovely:
All 3 of these would make me cry, good choices.

Reactions: MikeRotch
There are a few, but when you saw the film "Interstellar" I really love the piano part.
especially at 2:17

or this young man playing in public is amazing:
1700491405911.png

• Love
Reactions: MikeRotch and ILuvDiapers
"Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin is a poignant and emotional song that tells a story about the relationship between a father and his son. The lyrics chronicle the son's life from childhood to adulthood, with the father being consistently busy and unavailable. The song reflects on the impact of the father's choices on their relationship, and it serves as a reminder of the importance of spending quality time with loved ones.

The song's emotional impact resonates with me because of missed opportunities, the passage of time, and the realization of the need for connection.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lucaD and ILuvDiapers
PamperedChef247 said:
"Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin is a poignant and emotional song that tells a story about the relationship between a father and his son. The lyrics chronicle the son's life from childhood to adulthood, with the father being consistently busy and unavailable. The song reflects on the impact of the father's choices on their relationship, and it serves as a reminder of the importance of spending quality time with loved ones.

The song's emotional impact resonates with me because of missed opportunities, the passage of time, and the realization of the need for connection.

this is a great song. i knew i was forgetting some songs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ILuvDiapers and PamperedChef247
InkoBubi said:
There are a few, but when you saw the film "Interstellar" I really love the piano part.
especially at 2:17

or this young man playing in public is amazing:
View attachment 123721
The young man playing Hans Zimmer is Peter Buka, he really is outstanding! (y) :giggle: Here is some information about him below:-

Last edited:
Two of the tearjerkers for me have previously been mentioned.

and
The first time I heard Concrete Angel I can remember so clearly. Driving and having to pull over with tears running down my cheeks. So heartbreaking knowing that there are children out there who are suffering like that.

Another one is a well known song here in Scotland and Ireland done by many different bands. This is my favourite version. What makes it so poignant is the fact it is based on fact.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ILuvDiapers
I have a few but the one that always gets me without fail is Hurt - the Johnny Cash version particularly with that music video.

I heard it first as a troubled teenager and it effected me deeply then. Now as I get older it only feels more powerful. It’s a man reaching the end of life. He’s lost everything he loved and now looking back on his life he can only feel regret - brutal stuff. Leave it to Johnny to depart us on such a powerful note.

Reactions: stinkape, ILuvDiapers and dogboy
Hurt gets to me as well. I was a cutter as a kid. I've worked it into some of my more serious writing.

dogboy said:
Hurt gets to me as well. I was a cutter as a kid. I've worked it into some of my more serious writing.

For sure. When I was younger those lyrics had a more literal significance for me as well. Now it almost fills me with a sense of existential dread and tragedy. It’s a song that grew in meaning to me as I got older.

Reactions: dogboy and ILuvDiapers
Honey by Bobbie Goldsboro.
A very sad song but one of my favorites.

The second half of this symphony always moves me, often to tears. I've performed as a singer under Bernstein but not in this recording.

Oh my God. I had to listen to it and now the tears are flowing down my cheeks. This is the Resurrection Symphony. Bernstein was a genius and known for his incredible interpretations of both Mahler and Beethoven. I performed Beethoven's Missa Solemnis under his beton, a work that also is incredible.

Last edited:
TAPS. I have buried an average of one friend a year since joining the military. No matter how stoic I am I lose it at taps graveside.

Make it stop (September's Children) by Rise against.

• Sad
I will also drop this here but this is happy tears.

Most songs by James Horner manage to get me all teary-eyed. Especially this one in context to what trials and tribulations happen in the film, “The Land Before Time”:

Otherwise, Pearl Jam’s song, “Black,” and cover of “Last Kiss” also hit some very strong emotional feels.

Any version of this. SNES kid forever. Truly the Golden Age of video games.

I always kept a save outside the opera house to listen to this whenever I wanted and near blew the speakers in my TV.

Original SNES version in all its 16 bit 32 kHz 8-channel sample synthesis glory. This is my Disney and Shakespeare.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, lucaD and ILuvDiapers
love is all aroundd by wet wet wet incase u havent heard of them they are a scottish band i dont know if the song is theyre own or not or they covered it but when i was 13 i met a girl older than me that i went out with and fell in love with and still love to this then i goot her pregnant when i was 14 yes i know i mightve been a bit young to be a father at that age but she was 17 but looked a lot younger anyway long story short her cousin got her into drugs which nobody knew nothing about and she was found overdosed 4 months pregnant and to this day there iss only 3 people that know se was pregnant with my child and 2 of them took it to teir grave and the other person was my childhood best friend who is bassically a brother to me stiill to this day who i told about 2 or 3 years ago that wasnt very happy with me for not telling him but explained my unruly behaviour for years after that and not wnting children as i thought i was cursed and they wouldnt make it i dono what i have done in previous life but i mustve been a really bad person because of all the suffering ive endured durin my 43 years on this planet im not wanting any sympathy or anyone felling sorry for me im used to it now and im noot caring if anyone beleives me or not but its true when i found out my ex parnter was pregnant with our 1st child i was 27 when igot te phonecall to yell me the news it shouldve been a joyful occasion but icollapsed in a heap thinking the baby would never make it i was tat upset my mum had to sedate me to stop me crying and she told me to stop thinking like that and it wall all turnout as planned and she will get another beautiful grandchild that was nearly 16 years ago and she is now 15 years of age i actually have a boy of 6 years aswell to the same mum as my daughter and i couldnt be more in love with anyone than i am with my kids. dono why i keep writing resonses as big as that its maybe cause i get a bit sentimental at tis time of year but if i hear that song i spiral out of control xxx

• Sad
Reactions: dogboy and ILuvDiapers
This one also makes me cry when I hear it. It was played at a friends mother’s funeral 😞

SofiaInPampers said:
This one also makes me cry when I hear it. It was played at a friends mother’s funeral 😞

dogboy said:

I don't have that personal connection, but this is still a very sad song. The first time I heard it, pretty much the day American IV was released, it got me. And then I saw the video clip and it was just...wow: two people who knew they were at the end of the road looking over what was left of past glories. No wonder Trent Reznor said that it was no longer his song.

My contribution to this thread is:

Back