Do you have a song that always makes you cry, and why?

Amazing Grace and The Star Spangled Banner..

Reactions: geka, SofiaInPampers, TrashPanda01 and 3 others
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Silver and Gold

Closing song to their final album, Streetcore, which was released after Strummer's death.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
Gary come home from SpongeBob.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A couple come to mind for me;
Vincent by Don McLean
Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel

Great tunes!

Last edited:
Reactions: CLPP, Sissyleslie and ILuvDiapers
These two, because I wish I had more friends:

• Sad
Reactions: MetalDan86, oldskool and ILuvDiapers
This song so captures what it is to grieve the loss of a loved one.

Child of Wonder​
Child of wonder
Child of sky
Time to end your voyage
Time to die

Silent slumber calls you
Dark and deep
Child of soft surrender
Child of sleep

Child of sorrow
Child of rain
There is no tomorrow
No more pain

Turn your silvered sail
Toward the light
Child of mourning
Child of night

Child of iridescence
Child of dream
Stars and moons will guide you
Down the stream

Stretched on ocean waves
Of endless foam
Welcome home my child
Welcome home

Please be aware this song is HIGHLY depressing and causes me distress whenever I listen to it ... most likely it is due to my personal history with suicidal ideation since my mid-childhood.

• Wow
I think music from the Mario Galaxy soundtrack can do it sometimes. Yes, I'm serious.

Otherwise? It's been a while, but I'm sure I've cried to Mister Rogers' songs before. Yes, I'm still serious.

I can't think of anything else at this time. Maybe Johnny Cash, specifically music from the American series of albums? Idk I feel like it's been a while.

KitsuneFox said:
Please be aware this song is HIGHLY depressing and causes me distress whenever I listen to it ... most likely it is due to my personal history with suicidal ideation since my mid-childhood.
Sorry that you experienced those thoughts during your childhood. 😔 That's a heavy situation to find yourself in. 🫂

I really doubt anyone cares, but its funny, I was just listening to this song and reading the (kinda bad) english translation and it made me cry, like pretty much every time I do this lol

Its called, sleeping in the red, by hatsune miku, produced by wintermute.
Pretty much everything by wintermute puts a few tears in my eye.
It reminds me of something I can't remember.. Or something I remember but want to forget.. or something I forgot but need to find again.. I'm not really sure.

Vocaloid fans unite xP

The Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America for obvious reasons.
Money For Nothing because it reminds me of some great times with a dear friend that I loved who's has since passed.

Reactions: oldskool, ILuvDiapers and Akura
Luther Vandross: Dance with my Father

Reactions: oldskool, ILuvDiapers and Akura
Yep, both remind me of my dad.

'Swedish House: Don't You Worry Child.' This is happy tears since we used to sing it together. It was one of his favourite songs, I worked with my dad for a short time and we'd sing it at work.

'Lukas Graham: 7 Years.' This song played at his funeral (lost him 5 years ago). I can't listen to this song without balling my eyes out.

Last edited:
  • Love
In 2012 Taylor Swift performed a song at Stand up to Cancer event called ‘Ronan’. It was based a true life blog by a mother about her sons battle with cancer. Gets me every time I hear it. Video of performance available if you want to Google it.

• Love
Reactions: claire123, ILuvDiapers and Akura
ABChick said:
In 2012 Taylor Swift performed a song at Stand up to Cancer event called ‘Ronan’. It was based a true life blog by a mother about her sons battle with cancer. Gets me every time I hear it. Video of performance available if you want to Google it.
I just watched the video, and it left me in floods of tears! 😭 Such a tragedy, a really moving video. 😢 What a beautiful way for his mother Maya Thompson, to have a keepsake of her beautiful little boy! God bless him, Ronan Thompson, such a brave little boy!

His poor mother left broken inside at his death. Cancer is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, but when it takes really young children the loss is amplified. 🫂

Last edited:
Reactions: ABChick
Oh I have a plethora of songs that always make me cry. Gonna take me a while to write em out in a list haha. But the newest one that, without fail, gets me every time is “Euclid” by Sleep Token. And definitely “From Where You Are” by Lifehouse. Gonna post a more comprehensive list in a little bit. I’m an audiophile and lifelong musician so my brain is a literal Rolodex of songs haha

• Love
I can't cry really, but certain Mother songs get me close. Mostly Smiles and Tears, especially since myself (and I think a lot of other people) connect it to Satoru Iwata, Because I Love You, mostly I think because of nostalgia I get when I hear it, and the Mother 3 Love Theme, in pretty much any form. It brings forth the sadness that comes from Mother 3's story - the loss of Lucas's mother, and later, his brother, and the scenes related to it. For instance, a scene where Flint (Lucas's dad) learns of his wife's death, and absolutely loses it.
Not entirely sure if that counts but there ya go.

• Love
I have 2 songs by Evanescence, My Immortal, and Hello. Those songs always made me cry because how beautiful they were. The lyrics, her voice, her passion.

Mother earth and father time, from Charlotte's Web.

• Love
I think this song says it all:

• Love

Song destroys me, on command, any time I hear it.

Back