Do you have a song that always makes you cry, and why?

dogboy said:
I think this song says it all:

Yes, a fitting tribute to young Robbie Keville, by Cai Thomas and the choristers, such angelic voices! His farther Mark, left devastated at losing his wife to breast cancer, is then dealt a second blow just 2 years later, when Robbie age 7 is diagnosed with a brain tumour! After a 3 year battle, he too was taken. 😭 It's another example of tragedy striking not once, but twice. His poor father raised £158.700 for Southampton general hospital, and set up a charity "Robbie's Rehab", you can't help, but to be moved, by such a series of tragic events. It's really very sad. 😢 God bless them.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
NinjaWeirdoPart3 said:

Song destroys me, on command, any time I hear it.
Me too, because it's not available, so now i'm left guessing? :unsure:

ILuvDiapers said:
I just watched the video, and it left me in floods of tears! 😭 Such a tragedy, a really moving video. 😢 What a beautiful way for his mother Maya Thompson, to have a keepsake of her beautiful little boy! God bless him, Ronan Thompson, such a brave little boy!

His poor mother left broken inside at his death. Cancer is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, but when it takes really young children the loss is amplified. 🫂
I know right, heartbreaking. Amazing mother 🥲 She never tried to monetise either, TS that is, by releasing for sale or whatever.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
This live makes me strongly emphatic

Any songs about pet loss, especially cats. The saddest one ever is the "Cat Carol", about a cat which sacrifices itself on a snowy night to save the life of a mouse, which is not for the faint-hearted.

Walking in the Air. Not the Aled Jones version (it annoys me that he takes all the credit for it), but the original version in the TV animated short, performed by Peter Auty. (I remember being astonished as a child that it was sung by a boy, rather than a girl! I didn't know what child choristers sounded like then.)

Also songs about children growing up, especially Abba's "Slipping through my fingers". And I'm not even a parent.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers and dogboy

Reactions: ILuvDiapers and JamesChetwynd
dogboy said:
I don't recognize the church, but the reredos is impressive. Who is the treble? - he sings superbly.

JamesChetwynd said:
I don't recognize the church, but the reredos is impressive. Who is the treble? - he sings superbly.
Cai Thomas, Welsh boy treble, sings Howard Blake's Walking in the Air from the classic The Snowman, with Robert Lewis on piano. Recorded live at St Thomas-on-The Bourne.

ILuvDiapers said:
For me it's "Bring Him Home", by Josh Groban, also Les Miserables. I will always attribute this beautiful song, with my beautiful and talented friend, who lost his life, tragically in a car crash in 2018. I miss him so much, he was too young to be taken away. His mother played this song during his funeral service, and every time I hear it, I'm reduced to tears. :cry:
Yes, "Touch Me in the Morning" by Dianna Ross, 1973.

I was 13 and my father had just died of a sudden heart attack (53).

A few weeks later I came home from school and there was an enlarged picture of my father sitting on the counter that my uncle had sent us. At that moment, that song was playing on the radio. Seeing the picture made me cry, now every time I hear that song my mind goes racing back to that very moment of seeing that picture.

I always turn that song off, I can not listen to it. I have not heard the complete song in 51 years.

• Sad
This is where the fragile child like heart comes from. Cut me open and eons of this kind of stuff pours out. Some of these are context sensitive and might not hit as hard if you haven't experienced the whole game or movie. Yeah I love tragic and sappy stuff. 😅🥺🥹

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalDan86 and ILuvDiapers
ILuvDiapers said:
Me too, because it's not available, so now i'm left guessing? :unsure:
Duran Duran’s Ordinary World

What gets me crying everytime I hear the song is from the movie Pay it Forward where everybody comes to pay respect after Trevor McKinney is killed featuring that very touching song 'Calling All Angels' by Jane Siberry

Kolakoala64 said:
What gets me crying everytime I hear the song is from the movie Pay it Forward where everybody comes to pay respect after Trevor McKinney is killed featuring that very touching song 'Calling All Angels' by Jane Siberry
Not sure i've ever heard that, but i'll google it. :giggle:

Last edited:
On a long flight and watching A Star is Born. I’ll never love again. Wow. Yes I am… 😢

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

My grandfather was more important to me than my dad honestly, but he died a horrible death from cancer before I was ready to lose him. I can't listen to this without thinking of him with various degrees of crying involved.

• Sad
ABChick said:
On a long flight and watching A Star is Born. I’ll never love again. Wow. Yes I am… 😢

This song always made my cry as a kid, and since my father passed recently it hits closer to home

• Love
I can't really explain why some songs and instrumental tracks make me cry...I just feel especially sensitive to certain moods and orchestrations of sound that are overwhelming to me. Maybe it has something to do with my ASD, idk.

Last edited:
  • Love
There's a few. Concrete Angel, Alyssa lies Whiskey Lullaby. The first 2 I can visualize the story and it hits home. The last I shared with an x bf and he sent it to me the night we agreed to separate after trying to take his life. I woke mom up and she called 9-11 and they broke the door down to get to him as his aunt is deaf. She later told me that we saved him that night.

• Wow
ILuvDiapers said:
For me it's "Bring Him Home", by Josh Groban, also Les Miserables. I will always attribute this beautiful song, with my beautiful and talented friend, who lost his life, tragically in a car crash in 2018. I miss him so much, he was too young to be taken away. His mother played this song during his funeral service, and every time I hear it, I'm reduced to tears. :cry:
Half a man:
Another love:
Lovely:

• Love
Back