Yelled at by ASDA staff

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I’m still feeling upset about what happened in Asda, I went to get groceries and I was stood there in a lot of pain with my bad legs and back and this lady (couldn’t read her name tag) came up to me, the first thing I noticed was a T-shirt that said “Happy to Help” but little did I know I wasn’t going to get any help, but instead I was repeatedly shouted at for using the wide land tills for disabled people, despite the fact I’m disabled and she tried to bully me in to using a smaller lane / till and I had a brain fart just blerted out, I’m trying to get bags to pack in to and more moody remarks came out of her mouth and I just ignored it, paid for my shopping and asked for the manager. The manager the hole time I was telling him what was wrong was looking down at his shoes and I said what happened and that I was really upset and he did apologise and said he would talk to the member of staff, what really gets me is not everyone’s disabilities are visible so to yell at someone rather than politely ask and the fact that she kept muttering stuff under her breath when my back was turned (my partner was watching the hat was going on)

My mobility is impaired, I can’t get on or off of a toilet unaided and I struggle walking or bending and it’s people like that, that make having issues so much worse because you have to deal with unpleasantness. I spend a lot of money in that store, not that it matters but I don’t shop there to be treated like dirt. I didn’t really know how to handle the situation other than to just get away from it as quickly as possible and then when I felt safe, complained. When I was younger and in good health they turned me down for a job at the supermarket (not Asda) and instead unpleasant, horrible people get the job instead.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: michaelmc, Jorelaxed, LaLoneDigi and 3 others
That's heartbreaking. I hope that it is dealt with maturely and they learn to do better in the future, though I don't have the highest expectations. In any event my heart goes out to you ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, babyraggydolls and BobbiSueEllen
That requires complaining one step up to regional or corporate Human Resources. That was rude, demeaning and 100% uncalled for. You didn't need to endure that; the staff was wrong. They do not determine disability to any degree and they need to be made aware of that. Let them know...it's gotta be done. I have a similar story of store abuse, it wasn't good. And their corporate dismissed it. Complain...it's your right and it needs to get done

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, theancientmariner, diapernewbie and 2 others
babyraggydolls said:
I’m still feeling upset about what happened in Asda, I went to get groceries and I was stood there in a lot of pain with my bad legs and back and this lady (couldn’t read her name tag) came up to me, the first thing I noticed was a T-shirt that said “Happy to Help” but little did I know I wasn’t going to get any help, but instead I was repeatedly shouted at for using the wide land tills for disabled people, despite the fact I’m disabled and she tried to bully me in to using a smaller lane / till and I had a brain fart just blerted out, I’m trying to get bags to pack in to and more moody remarks came out of her mouth and I just ignored it, paid for my shopping and asked for the manager. The manager the hole time I was telling him what was wrong was looking down at his shoes and I said what happened and that I was really upset and he did apologise and said he would talk to the member of staff, what really gets me is not everyone’s disabilities are visible so to yell at someone rather than politely ask and the fact that she kept muttering stuff under her breath when my back was turned (my partner was watching the hat was going on)

My mobility is impaired, I can’t get on or off of a toilet unaided and I struggle walking or bending and it’s people like that, that make having issues so much worse because you have to deal with unpleasantness. I spend a lot of money in that store, not that it matters but I don’t shop there to be treated like dirt. I didn’t really know how to handle the situation other than to just get away from it as quickly as possible and then when I felt safe, complained. When I was younger and in good health they turned me down for a job at the supermarket (not Asda) and instead unpleasant, horrible people get the job instead.
I had that happen to me once using the disabled toilet. Some clown confronted me as I was coming out and hollered that it was disabled only in these toilets. I told him " not that it is any of your business but I need to use the stall and not everybodie's disability is obvious" "You obviously have more than one with your attitude".

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Teddy02 and BobbiSueEllen
I was entering the Express Lane at my local supermarket and the lady in front of me had at least double the number of items. The teller said to her in a loud voice "Which 12 items would you like me to ring in". The lady looked up and said what to which the teller replied this is Express, 12 items or less. The woman just said fine and put all her things back in the basket. Myself and three others in line just clapped as she walked away. I thanked the teller and told her it always seemed to happen to me when I was in a hurry. The others just called her a HERO.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I might take the complaint up further and it shouldn’t happen to anybody, I’m sorry it happens to others also, it’s horrible 🤗

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Angelapinks, Prillprillprill and 1 other person
I found the HR department and emailed the head of the HR department 💕

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Jorelaxed, Angelapinks and 2 others
Winco Foods is the worst place to have an HR issue. They simply do not care. Even when you contact Corporate HQ by Emerald & Mitchell in Boise (3 miles from me), they simply do not care. I was assaulted & menaced by a clerk at the Fairview & Milwaukee location in Boise. The manager was indifferent so I went a step up...and got zero help there. I told my Walmart-manager friend what happened and her jaw dropped; she said Walmart would never tolerate that. So if it happens again anywhere, I will simply involve police, press charges, get a lawyer and sue. Fooled once...my fault.

But back to Winco: a friend I visited recently in SnoCo WA has a daughter who worked (past-tense) there, was doing well...and got fired. Her mouth did it, and she has a snotty mouth. So, what did it? Their HR's "Three Strikes, You're Out" policy, which is one or two strikes too many, depending:
  • During a staff meeting about employment eligibility, she'd whispered to a Mexican co-worker "Better check your green card!" Strike One.
  • During a workday on the floor, she'd asked two female co-workers if they were lesbian lovers. Strike Two.
  • He didn't say what the third was but it was enough for Strike Three. She's out.
He thinks Winco did her wrong. I think they did the right thing...just too late. Doesn't save Winco in my eyes.

So...Winco Foods is permanently out of my life. I get my food from Walmart, and gladly.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Jorelaxed and Angelapinks
Asda for some reason employs all the Zb staff ,
My local Tescos is good as at least 3 of the check out staff have either a physical or mental disability but are polite and nice
1 is in a wheel chair , 1 looks like she’s either got CP or had a stroke , and the other has mild learning difficulties
All can do their job well and I respect them
Aldi staff are pelsant as well

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
What gets me is the same Asda store called the cops on a rude customer and they took him away in cuffs and went on strike when the cops removed the ban, but when the staff are rude to customers they just shrug 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed and BobbiSueEllen
Oh sweetie I'm sorry they were nasty to you :( they have been to me before too when I've been struggling with noise and not been able to scan at the self checkouts fast enough. It's really difficult to explain sometimes when you have an invisible disability and I do too. I've thought about getting one of those sunflower lanyards because explaining on the spot is difficult especially if already stressed or under pressure. Not sure if they're trained to spot those and know what they are or not, but they should be.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks
babyraggydolls said:

My wife used to write notes and letters when she had trouble relating what she wanted to say in a discussion, conversation, or argument. It gave her the opportunity to collect her thoughts and organize them in way she felt happy with. Perhaps this might be a good method of relating your experience to the manager.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Teddy02 and BobbiSueEllen
NappiedTruckDriver said:
Asda for some reason employs all the Zb staff ,
My local Tescos is good as at least 3 of the check out staff have either a physical or mental disability but are polite and nice
1 is in a wheel chair , 1 looks like she’s either got CP or had a stroke , and the other has mild learning difficulties
All can do their job well and I respect them
Aldi staff are pelsant as well
Have you ever noticed that wherever Walmart builds a store you’ll find an ALDI within a few blocks? At least that’s the way it seems to be in Wisconsin.

• Thinking
They have ALDIs in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Went to one...very little appealed to me and it was all pricey, so I left. I hope ALDI isn't anything like Asda sounds to be.

BobbiSueEllen said:
They have ALDIs in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Went to one...very little appealed to me and it was all pricey, so I left. I hope ALDI isn't anything like Asda sounds to be.
Aldi is more civilised over here in the uk they have some good stuff and good prices

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver, Deleted member 73206 and BobbiSueEllen
babyraggydolls said:
Aldi is more civilised over here in the uk they have some good stuff and good prices
babyraggydolls said:
I swapped from Tescos to Aldi for my weekly shop as it was about £30 cheaper some weeks

NappiedTruckDriver said:
I swapped from Tescos to Aldi for my weekly shop as it was about £30 cheaper some weeks

Omg I know right? Asda and tescos are like how sainsburys was like a decade ago. I get bits at herons and the rest at aldi usually. Can still get by on 40 a week but its getting so so much harder now. Inflation sucks even up in the north where we're supposed to be behind economically :(

littlegumdrop said:
Omg I know right? Asda and tescos are like how sainsburys was like a decade ago. I get bits at herons and the rest at aldi usually. Can still get by on 40 a week but its getting so so much harder now. Inflation sucks even up in the north where we're supposed to be behind economically :(
Disadvantage means less money, not lower prices. Housing is at least more affordable, or rather slightly less unaffordable.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
Anemone said:
Disadvantage means less money, not lower prices. Housing is at least more affordable, or rather slightly less unaffordable.

True this. Even in a council house my rent is still 500 a month-ish even here which is scary

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
littlegumdrop said:
True this. Even in a council house my rent is still 500 a month-ish even here which is scary
That's obscene! I'm guessing you're in a city but that's still shocking. I'm paying something similar for a private rental.

Back