XP medical

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Hey Guys and Gals,

What's scope on XPmedical? I'm a pretty long time subscriber to deliveries from them. I started back when it was still Gary's business. They have always performed well fro me and acted very professionally. But I noticed some derogatory comments about them. What did they do to deserve the criticism. I was getting ready to renew my subscription and I wanted to check before support them further. BTW I am in no way affiliated with XP.

I used XP soley when Gary still had it, then got wind that he sold it but didnt think anything about it, xp started carrying Rearz Safari's so I ordered from them, besides my computer getting crushed with a million cookies, I started getting unsolicited mail from them randomly delivered to the house, not descreet at all, so I stopped using them, this was about 3 or 4 years ago and I haven't looked back.

Reactions: dbcl92 and Jonnythepony
This^ Ive heard this from a few people here. I, myself, used to order from them when Gary owned it. Heard this new owner sends newsletters, and special offers to your house with pictures of medical diapers on the front cover with no sence of discrepancy.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
*crosses vendor off list.^Thank's kind strangers!

tails1234 said:
*crosses vendor off list.^Thank's kind strangers!
I dont want to intentionally screw a buisness, so my kind advise would be to forget what we say, and call xp medical youself, and ask about these claims. Im sure they've recieved a few complaints about it.

Reactions: tails1234
...yeah, oops. that was a bit harsh. I totally understand the need to advertise. I get it. but that's the nuance of this business. finding that balance between effective advertising and an access of unsolicited information about a topic that is potentially really private to some people.

I, too, have gotten flyers in the mail wanting me to buy diapers again. Since I haven’t ordered anything from them for a couple years they stopped thank goodness. Just don’t need my family asking why I am getting diaper related mail addressed directly to me instead of current resident. I have moved to Northshore and LL Medico. Both of them are great and have all the diapers I am looking for.

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam and chamberpot
I have never had a problem with an order from XP Medical, but they did get aggressive with their advertising after Gary sold it (I believe that it is now owned by Live Anew). I have gotten spam emails about how I “should be needing” more diapers after certain time intervals. Additionally, it is true that they have sent flyers in the mail as well. Admittedly, I did get some decent deals in the mail, including a lifetime $10.00 discount on case orders, but I would have preferred if such orders were strictly relegated to email.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony
Yes I stopped using XPMedical when I started getting mail delivered to the house with my name wanting to know if I needed to reorder any more Dry 24/7 as it had been awhile since my last order....not cool at all

wiliawi said:
What did they do to deserve the criticism.

- it didn't happen to me personally, but when the business transitioned over from Gary to the new owner, they had some issues for a few weeks in which packages were going out without discrete shipping. They fixed it, but also that didn't really seem to understand why that was a problem for some people.

- what did happen to me personally was unsolicited mailers. In my instances, it started out as a postcard. Literally a postcard. And it made absolutely no secret about being very much from a diaper supply company, and was very much addressed to me and definitely stated flat out on the postcard for anyone to see that they were sending it because I'd ordered from them in the past. They're still sending unsolicited mail, but at least the last bunch of times it's been in envelopes and a bit more discrete about who it's from.

- they made an account here a year or two ago, posted once, and then disappeared never to be seen again.

These aren't necessarily reasons to get out the torches and pitchforks (I still order from them on occasion, the pricing on medical brands I'd competitive and I like their xp5000 diapers), but just things to keep in mind and weigh against the pluses and minuses of other diaper companies (they all have their own unique issues).

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn and chamberpot
wow, what happened to Gary?
Kinda happy I went with tykables

irnub said:
- what did happen to me personally was unsolicited mailers. In my instances, it started out as a postcard. Literally a postcard. And it made absolutely no secret about being very much from a diaper supply company, and was very much addressed to me and definitely stated flat out on the postcard for anyone to see that they were sending it because I'd ordered from them in the past.
I got some of those post-cards,,, that was the end for me , I wrote them and told them to take me off their mailing list

Aby said:
Kinda happy I went with tykables
lol, tykables (and every other diaper company) has their own sets of issues.
Aby said:
wow, what happened to Gary?
He sold the business. I assumed because he wanted to retire.

I miss Gary and his honorable business practices but still do buy from XP. I have not received unwanted mailings in ages, their priced are $10 a case better and they ship quickly. The current XP's shipping is not as discrete as the old's turning the boxes inside out with a bit of tape over the printing but tracking was better on my recent order.

How do you get the $10 off? Is there a code

I still buy from them, I did get some mailers from them but it's been years.
I believe they got b**ched out for sending unsolicited mail and outing people as a result so they stopped sending mailers out. Personally I really didn't care but I can see other people not particularly wanting to be outed as diaper wearers and being done so by a company thats supposed to be discreet about this sort of thing.

Last edited:
I started ordering from them back when Gary ran it. Like right before he sold it. Then the postcards started, and I got really mad because his whole business model was based around the fact that he was incontinent himself so like why would you send weird handwritten postcards? I found out he sold it and was bummed but it was still the cheapest place to order M4’s from, so I kept buying. The postcards got more frequent though, and one wound up in my neighbor’s mailbox by accident. He’s a chill dude and was cool about it but it was so embarrassing. I stopped after that. I haven’t ordered from them in probably 3 years but my parents still get mail from them (I’ve since moved out) the last time I just told them to call the post office and put a block on anything from XP. Whoever thought DIAPER MAILINGS was smart is an idiot. It’s the most shortsighted and humiliating thing you can do. The fact that I get a giant weird box once a month is embarrassing enough don’t send me a buy more adult diapers and pee pads postcard please. I pretty much just buy Northshore stuff now. It’s expensive but they’re decent to deal with and at least keep the ads in the box lol.

Reactions: chamberpot
Back