Wth are people price gouging on Ebay for diapers?

kraken98

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Im just buying on Amazon because when I check Ebay, everybody seems to think their diapers are worth the price of gold. Yeah screw them I hope they go bankrupt. Not only is Amazon WAAAY cheaper but it also givers 2 day delivery for free....

Reactions: TigerDL and chrischrischris
I'm just buying on Amazon because when I check Ebay, everybody seems to think their diapers are worth the price of gold. Yeah screw them I hope they go bankrupt. Not only is Amazon WAAAY cheaper but it also givers 2 day delivery for free....

Prices are double if not triple on Ebay, they should be reported and blacklisted by Ebay for gouging. There is no way shipping is 30+ dollars for a package that small LOL!

I assume you’re speaking of generic diapers made today and not vintage diapers from 30 years ago. There’s no comparison.

kraken98 said:
Not only is Amazon WAAAY cheaper but it also givers 2 day delivery for free....
Prices are double if not triple on Ebay, they should be reported and blacklisted by Ebay for gouging. There is no way shipping is 30+ dollars for a package that small LOL!
a 6 pound package USPS Ground is $28 + ... you are forgetting that Amazon gets massive discounts on shipping while small business owners do not

Edit: it appears UPS charges $30.21 and FedEX charges $56.93 for a 6 pound package with similar shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and Prairie
Sorry I double posted lol. The other one didnt seem to load for me when I tried to post it

I just find it ridiculous on the inflated prices on that website. I can literally go to a diaper company website like ABU, Northshorecare, XPMedical, and just perform insta drop shipping and make huge profits just from dropshipping diapers.

E-BAY is a joke... will never use them. I can not believe someone would bid on and buy a car that they saw on EBAY!

I see many on Ebay make it look like your getting a whole box of vintage diapers and then reading the fine print its like only ONE for the exorbitant price.......A lot of them are Ebay flippers who scour thrift stores and yard sales and then sell for insane prices. They know many ABDLs are desperate to find vintage diapers they dont make anymore. I just cant see spending 500 dollars on a box of like 12 70s Pampers. I love how thick and crinkly they are but just couldnt soil diapers I paid 500 for or have sit in a box on the shelf to look at from time to time. I just try my best to seek out modern ABDL diapers that are close to those thick vintage ones I love.

Reactions: TigerDL, ThePaddedTurtle and littlemoosey
I've bought and sold many items on eBay over the years. I have about 400 rated transactions as both a buyer and seller combined. I have NEVER had a bad experience. Like anything, one needs to do their homework. I promise that anyone who ever purchased anything from me got a very good deal (normally the lowest price of any eBay sellers at the same rime). But, understand I was not making my living selling on eBay. It was a hobby that generated enough extra cash to do some mods to my cars. Anyway, like any purchase one should use due diligence. (y)

Reactions: TigerDL, Prairie, camperspampers1 and 1 other person
The one time I bought something off eBay it was counterfeit garbage. A DVD set that literally chipped putting it in the DVD player. Can you believe that? $90 for that when I was in middle school I was devastated. It wasn't even in English either and I couldn't return it.

Anyway yeah I don't trust ebay. There's some neat stuff but modern ABDL diapers are not to be bought there.

Last edited:
I only buy my plastic pants on AMAZON.
I have never used EBAY.

Ive had nothing but good experience with ebay. To each their own.

Ebay is trash.

It used to be decent, back in the day--for snagging occasional good deals on things like electronics, or other niche items.

These days, it's just being used as infrastructure/a storefront for large scam operations, and scalpers. Their prices are garbage, and borderline predatory to the idiots that buy stuff on there.

I have no love for amazon, and I've noticed THEIR prices have gone up/shipping has gotten worse gradually as well. But it's at least better than ebay.

Kind of a sucky time to be a consumer in general, really.

KitsuneFox said:
a 6 pound package USPS Ground is $28 + ... you are forgetting that Amazon gets massive discounts on shipping while small business owners do not
Dan09 said:
Ebay is trash.

It used to be decent, back in the day--for snagging occasional good deals on things like electronics, or other niche items.

These days, it's just being used as infrastructure/a storefront for large scam operations, and scalpers. Their prices are garbage, and borderline predatory to the idiots that buy stuff on there.

I have no love for amazon, and I've noticed THEIR prices have gone up/shipping has gotten worse gradually as well. But it's at least better than ebay.

Well at least with Amazon returns are much easier and usually they just refund or resend the item with no question.

KitsuneFox said:

Edit: it appears UPS charges $30.21 and FedEX charges $56.93 for a 6 pound package with similar shipping.
It makes me wonder how the website that I was purchasing my case of Abena Abri-Forms from could afford free shipping on an order for $50.95, actually on any order over $35. A case of 42 M-4’s must weigh about 6 pounds which would mean that over 50% of their revenue went for shipping! Possibly a volume discount agreement?

Last edited:
Reactions: KitsuneFox
Dan09 said:
Ebay is trash.

I’ve bought a lot of books, automotive parts, iPhone cases, auto camera/recorder, garden tractor replacement Briggs & Stratton engine (new), self darkening welding helmet, and many other items very successfully, but there are items that I won’t even consider. My son saw a Craig list listing for a diesel, tracked Bobcat with an eBay link. He talked my mother into lending him $5k for it and it turned out to be a scam. The link given, and used by my son, took him to a page that looked identical to an eBay page, but wasn’t. By the time he started to suspect anything the money had vanished. It was a good lesson for the whole family and he’s never gotten burned again. If it sounds too good to be true it most likely is and it’s better to walk away, or at the least do increased due diligence. That was about 20 years ago and it was a little hard on him, as he was just getting started in his construction contracting, but with all the equipment he has now he surely has recovered, much of it purchased on eBay.

Reactions: Prairie and dous
"Buyer beware" Scams are everywhere, not just on eBay. I have had mostly positive transactions on eBay, but there have been a few not so good. Same can be said for Amazon, Craigslist, and even Facebook Marketplace "Fakebook" (wife got scammed there). I received "Good Deals" on Amazon on what was advertised as New, only to receive an opened, used, or refurbished product. Although returns are a bit easier on Amazon, it can still be a major inconvenience and pain in the ass. The one that amazes me the most is the telemarketers, and people still fall for the BS or they wouldn't be doing it. JUST say no and click. If for some mindless reason I did pickup, it's a quick click.
But hey... It's a BEAUTIFUL day outside, that's where I'm headed. ;)

Reactions: Zeke and Jonnythepony
Back