Would you stop being an adult baby if you could?

Status
Not open for further replies.
babyboy said:
I am probably the only one that says yes. I have tried in the past and failed. I might try again in the future. My main reason is that I am emabresed by it, I am afraid to have people over to where I live, for fear they might find my stash, I would love to be free to invite friends over, but at this time I don't feel I am free to do that because I have my diaper and diaper releated items.

Do you have a place in your house where you can keep your baby items and dips out of plain sight? Do your friends like to snoop through your closets? Do you have any real-life friends who either know of your ABDL, are ABDL, or otherwise connected to us?

So much to think about before you try (and inevitably fail) to give it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Note said:
Yes. Seriously what a dumb question to ask. Who in their right mind would want this? The secrecy, the sacrificing of your social life, the stress of others finding out and pinning you up on the cross, the stress in general.

I didn't want this, but I have it. I can either embrace it and enjoy it, or suffer and be miserable trying time and again to give it up. Here's a radical idea, though- you don't have to live in secrecy, sacrifice your social life, or worry about being crucified. You don't have to feel stress about it, just find balance in your life and stop living in fear.

its more torture putting yourself through it a lot of the time then it is to enjoy it.

My experience...

Life is about experience, so if this has been your experience so far, maybe try a different approach?

Get out and meet others. Go to a munch or an event. Go to TeddyCon (CAPcon is this week and it's already sold out). Find out in real life that you're not alone and that at the end of the day, this doesn't have to be a curse you're saddled with for the rest of your days.

It's an awesome, beautiful thing, but it's also what each individual makes of it.

Note said:
Your case, I am referring to the larger demographic.

Have you read through all the replies? A lot of people suffer because of it, but many of us wouldn't give it up. I personally believe that I'm a more sensitive and thoughtful person because of ABDL, including the stress and anxiety. Even those negative feelings can help you grow as a person if you learn to manage them.

Last edited:
never

I will have to report, that I would not excise the Adult Baby part of myself. It is an integral part of my core personality. One of the reasons for my Adult Baby regression is as the only "truly sane" means of coping with the hyper-traumatic childhood abuse and neglect PTSD memories I have. I will freely admit to an intense undying aversion/revulsion towards the "Adult World", even though I have to "live in it" to physically survive as a multi-handicapped person with Asperger's Syndrome/Autism and Cerebral Palsy. I am both "Baby" and "Adult", irrevocably "fused into one body". Excising and destroying the "inner baby/child" to permanently purge this regression coping mechanism would "utterly psychiatrically destroy me as a person", and leave me a piece of emotionally non-functional "Human Wreckage", no good to anyone else around me or to myself.:eek:ldguy:

I'm not sure. If you think about it, any fetish is a double edged sword : It has great benefits, but packs a bunch of negatives too. It's a great way to unwind, channel emotion, etc, but there's also society's perception of normal, the quest for self-acceptance (Usually during teenage - young adult years), and various other factors, baggage that we have to carry.

So I suppose I'd consider it, if given the option. But I feel it's pointless to dwell on the woulda coulda shoulda, and instead, important to work on being happy with what you have, what you are, and what you can do!

If it makes you happy, then why give it up? Only under certain circumstances, of course.. like financial, would be a good reason to stop or at least put it on the back burner.

I would have given it up years ago. it appears to be something i am stuck with for now

it's just one of many psychological and sexual disorders that are out there with no solution known for getting rid of them

I couldn't imagine a life without this side of me, since I've had ABDL desires as long as I can remember.

By the way, with the whole being "cute," it's all about feeling cute, not looking cute. It's about what makes you happy, and if fulfilling AB desires makes you happy then you fulfill your AB desires. Nobody's looking at you, and there's a ton more people doing the same thing you are, maybe even to a more extreme extent. Thinking about a life where you have another source of happiness will only make you judge yourself.

Dear sweet little ebonybaby :

don't ever think that you're not a grown-up man just because you've got a baby side to you. This is all about how you see yourself, for example, if you look in the mirror, and see a grown man in a diaper, of course you're going to think that you look ridiculous. being an adult baby is all about your perception of how you think that you look If you think that you, ( ebonybaby )look like the adult baby that you yourself want to be, wearing diapers, then, you're a baby, and there is not a darn thing wrong with you or this concept. My alterego, Jaymegurl, loves to wear diapers, ( Thick ones ) pantyhose, and dresses because being a trans-gender-ed woman and Mommy makes me feel very normal. In reality, I know that I look like a goofball, but it's my perception of how I look that makes me do the things that I do.

You're a wonderful, beautiful adult baby, and don't you ever forget it. Rod Stewart sang a wonderful song about being young called " Forever Young ".
NEVER FORGET WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

Jaymegurl

Jaymegurl said:
Dear sweet little ebonybaby :

don't ever think that you're not a grown-up man just because you've got a baby side to you. This is all about how you see yourself, for example, if you look in the mirror, and see a grown man in a diaper, of course you're going to think that you look ridiculous. being an adult baby is all about your perception of how you think that you look If you think that you, ( ebonybaby )look like the adult baby that you yourself want to be, wearing diapers, then, you're a baby, and there is not a darn thing wrong with you or this concept. My alterego, Jaymegurl, loves to wear diapers, ( Thick ones ) pantyhose, and dresses because being a trans-gender-ed woman and Mommy makes me feel very normal. In reality, I know that I look like a goofball, but it's my perception of how I look that makes me do the things that I do.

You're a wonderful, beautiful adult baby, and don't you ever forget it. Rod Stewart sang a wonderful song about being young called " Forever Young ".
NEVER FORGET WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

Jaymegurl

Thank you Jaymegurl :)

I was trippin because I was on a few things I should not have been taking, trying to deal with some life stress. Don't worry, I haven't made a habit of it, in fact, I'm currently not touching anything. However, I will be seeing a counseling next week to ether get my head in check or at least get me back in the right direction. As for the AB/DL thing, I stopped jumping on myself about it, but I'm still doing a few inner "journeys" with it.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger right?

No, I wouldn't, not in a million years. This side of me provides a more understanding, and an overall friendlier and happier outlook on life. And to be honest, I feel a whole lot further ahead of most people my age because of AB/DL, which may seem odd, but It's true. I see things differently than most people my age, this side of myself has taught me a lot about managing my life on my own after I move out, and has really made me a more responsible and, ironically, a more mature person.
That said, I'd never wish this on anyone. I was a mess a couple years ago, you'd have never known on the outside, but I was going down a really bad path (drugs and stuff) and really, it was because I didn't know who I was (I was struggling with a few other semi-related issues). And still, even though my family knows, and doesn't seem to care, I still get extremely anxious when any of them get near my room.
Anyways, I feel like in the end, the struggle was worth the end result, and no, I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back