Withholding happiness didn’t help me

AVictoryPointe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The last few months, I’ve gone through a really trying period. For my own sake, I’m not going to go into details, but I needed to get out of a problem.

Every day, for 6 months, I’ve lived in paranoia with this problem, trying to solve it. And for most of that time, my internal dialogue was hostile & kept saying, “You need to solve this problem. You don’t deserve happiness. Not yet. That’s for solving the problem.”

And, I did finally solve it—shortly after, I bought a few ABDL things and began interacting here and elsewhere in the community again after several years away. I talked to my therapist about this hostile thinking, and she said, “It’s interesting: your brain doesn’t think happiness and the problem solving can happen together. Or that one couldn’t even help the other.”

She was right. I got to spend this weekend away with my SO/CG. We rekindled our private ABDL fantasy life, and looking back at the last year, I don’t know why I kept my happiness away. They kept encouraging it, but I pushed it away because I didn’t think I deserved it.

This next year will be a new chapter in my life. Many years ago, I thought I was over the shame, the binge/purge cycles, and I fell back into some old sandpits of depression. I have a better mental health support system, an exciting adventure ahead, and my partner is closer to me than ever.

I can’t share this happiness with many people. I’ve gone through super dark times. I hope everyone has happy days ahead. I know there were times when I felt they wouldn’t come, but a lot of hard work paid off.

-AVP

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy
I don't really know what to say to this. So I'm just going to say, Well Done

Reactions: AVictoryPointe
I'll echo that, anything that takes six months to fix is worth praise on completion.

If you're anything like me then being kind to yourself isn't something that comes naturally.

I'm learning it and it really helps, but I can't say it's always easy or that I never slip.

You say you've got good support around you now, that's really important. It can be hard to lean on others when you need them but is sounds like you are getting where you want to be, so way to go!

Reactions: AVictoryPointe
Back