Wiping problems for BM's.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For those who have F-IC, cleaning your bottom always include a wipe (paper or cloth). I think most of use a moist pad/wipe. I hate to admit this but I've never been a good wiper. I have at least half of the time it happen when I'm sleeping. If not then it's when it occurs in the morning or the evening. So thankfully I'm at home (rare accidents during the day). Still, I've always had difficulty wiping me. Even with a good moist wipe. When I was a kid I was a bad wiper. Even when I was a teenager or as an adult. Then when I bought my house it came with a bidet. I'd never seen one before. If you've never saw one, they're like a toilet but a bit wider. It has a vertical jet that directs the water flow (mine has warm water) right up to my bottom. I simply squat and straddle the bidet. It cleans my genitals, perineum, buttocks and my anus. Then I just go into the shower. After the shower I like to sit down and air-out my skin before I diaper myself. I don't really like public bathrooms. If I'm at work I have my own office and personal bathroom. But if a have a BM accident when I'm there (rare), I'd rather go home. I never feel clean enough until I have a shower. Having a BM accident when out in public and trying to clean-up? No way. I just go home.

How do you deal with messy diaper for cleaning and wipe? What wipes do you use? Have you ever used a bidet? Were you a good or bad wiper? I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who isn't good at wiping.

Reactions: Edgewater, maxgood, Diprs2 and 1 other person
We have a bidet but I confess that I've never used it.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
I've used wipes and even paper towels on one occasion. So far, I've always had a shower to get completely clean. If I have a F-IC accident away from home, it will be a "bad day" if I can't get home to cleanup. I've never had a bidet.

I'm not a good wiper as I have trouble reaching my backside. I once tried to inject my insulin in my butt, but that was a disaster- the needle got bent and hardly any insulin went in.

slimjiminy said:
I've used wipes and even paper towels on one occasion. So far, I've always had a shower to get completely clean. If I have a F-IC accident away from home, it will be a "bad day" if I can't get home to cleanup. I've never had a bidet.

I'm not a good wiper as I have trouble reaching my backside. I once tried to inject my insulin in my butt, but that was a disaster- the needle got bent and hardly any insulin went in.
I was a terrible wiper when I was in grade school. I believe my mother got tired of dealing with messy underpants and put me in a diaper on more than one occasion as punishment. Peeing the bed back in those days also got me put in a diaper. I'm very good these days on wiping technique.

Reactions: Edgewater and EcoIncon
slimjiminy said:
If I have a F-IC accident away from home, it will be a "bad day" if I can't get home to cleanup.

I'm not a good wiper
Having a BM during the day, it usually means I have to get home so I can get cleaned and put on a fresh diaper. A few times when I was stuck with a loaded diaper when I just couldn't get home, in the beginning I worried that others might notice. When I grew up I realized that plastic pants and internal deodorants reduced the odor. Obviously a dirty diaper isn't exactly good with what it feels like. But I've had enough messy diapers in the morning that it's not terrible. It's not great but I really don't mind. As long it doesn't gross out other people or sit down too long. Still, the best way to clean myself is to go home, wipe, use the bidet, shower and re-diaper first. Using a public bathroom? Impossible. Wiping there? Just try not to. Go home.

Reactions: Edgewater, maxgood, EcoIncon and 2 others
I usually don't leave the house till I've pooped in the am, but on the occasions its happened when away from home cleanup isn't to bad unless I've sat in it... I pretty good a cleaning myself off with wipes that even at home I shower in the am, and clean up with wipes the rest of the day....

I use ultra thick bathing wipes. Only thing i can get clean with. But always go home and finish the job with shower. Always have bags to put wipes in to toss when at office. By the end of any cleanup i am a sweat mess and just want to get home.

Reactions: Edgewater and EcoIncon
My wife loves having a bidet.

Reactions: Edgewater
Lately I have been wondering if I too struggle to wipe my mess away, or if my bowel incontinence has progressed to small stealthy leaks. I used to never have issues with the NorthShore XL wipes, but lately no matter how much I wipe I keep finding skid marks when I change my diaper. The worst part is, I can’t tell if it’s a new accident or leftover from not wiping well enough after a previous bm. It doesn’t smell nor is it uncomfortable which is good, but it is embarrassing to keep finding skid marks after I thought I cleaned myself enough.

Reactions: Edgewater, maxgood, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I usually have my movements in the morning before I shower so I usually cleanup during my shower. However if I have a light movement or out and have a movement and know I cannot rush home, I use baby wipes usually Huggies. I usually have a pattern for wiping. I wipe the area around the anus as it usually bothers me the most. I use as many as I can to get clean. I next work on getting the skin down there clean repeating the same steps followed closely around the legs and other areas down there. Finally I do an end wipe around to clean up any residue and get any spots I missed. This usually doesn’t lead to any skid marks or residue in my fresh diaper

Reactions: Edgewater, maxgood, Diprs2 and 2 others
I don't have BM accidents very often... When I do, I'm always away from the house. I always have baby wipes for cleaning up during the day. If I have an bm incident, I will wipe all over until the wipes come back completely clean after wiping everywhere. Sometimes that might take more than a dozen wipes but I obsess about getting it all. Doing all of this in a public non private toilet is AWFUL... but it seems that when you most need a private bathroom there's never one around.

I've used a bidet but not as a result of an accident.

Harley07 said:
I usually don't leave the house till I've pooped in the am, but on the occasions its happened when away from home cleanup isn't to bad unless I've sat in it... I'm
pretty good a cleaning myself off with wipes that even at home I shower in the am, and clean up with wipes the rest of the day....
Almost all of my BM's happen while sleeping or the early morning. I understand that your clean-up isn't that bad. Mine? Not so much. I'm glad that most of my "accidents"are fairly solid but I'm just not as good for wiping. Especially when it happens in public (actually rare). Since it occurs at night or the morning, I use the clean-up for using quality wipes and my bidet. It's easier and better effective.
fancydancey said:
small stealthy leaks. I used to never have issues with the NorthShore XL
I'm not sure but I think many F-IC people often find "stealthy" accidents. Rather then messy gas or simply unknown reason for skid marks, it doesn't have to be from not wiping well enough. Most of mine were poor wiping. That's why I use my bidet (and a shower). For those who clean-up in a public bathroom, I'm sure using a quality medical wipe (like NS XL wiped) helps to clean your butt. As long it doesn't itch you ass, many understand it's just the condition we have. Let's face it, when you have a BM and you're trying to remove the dirty diaper, just use a really good wipe. It might help.

Im mainly bladder IC, but once or twice a week I'll have bowel IC due to urgecy. I use adult wipes and gloves to clean-up and then shower as soon as I get home.

Reactions: Edgewater, EcoIncon and Diprs2
fancydancey said:
Lately I have been wondering if I too struggle to wipe my mess away, or if my bowel incontinence has progressed to small stealthy leaks. I used to never have issues with the NorthShore XL wipes, but lately no matter how much I wipe I keep finding skid marks when I change my diaper. The worst part is, I can’t tell if it’s a new accident or leftover from not wiping well enough after a previous bm. It doesn’t smell nor is it uncomfortable which is good, but it is embarrassing to keep finding skid marks after I thought I cleaned myself enough.
I get skid marks in my diaper too, even when I thought I wiped fully clean.

Reactions: Edgewater, DiaperDiva and Diprs2
It sounds like some of you suffer from incomplete evacuation (I do). Look it up on Google. There are several treatment options.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, EcoIncon and Diprs2
I prefer to be completely shave from front all the way to the back. It allows for a smooth wipe. No hair to have any mess to get in and I think it’s more sanitary in general. Plus you don’t have hair pulling if you diaper is not situated properly

Reactions: Edgewater, RedStripeLvr, DiaperDiva and 2 others
diaper12321lover said:
I prefer to be completely shave from front all the way to the back. It allows for a smooth wipe. No hair to have any mess to get in and I think it’s more sanitary in general. Plus you don’t have hair pulling if you diaper is not situated properly
I would love to know your technique, I worry about ingrown hairs or razor burn. Completely shaved sounds ideal from a comfort and cleanliness perspective. It must make things easier to clean up after loading a diaper.

I have to shave my crotch every other day and between my legs and my bum about every 4 to 5 days cause my hair don’t grow to fast there. Get a great razor with at minimum 3 blades on it. 4 or 5 blade is the preferred. Get a good shaving cream and lather up really good in the crotch. Do the top and around the shaft first. Then rinse off. Then do your front part of the sack, then rinse off. Then do the back part of it and then rinse off. Next do between the legs and get to squat when you shave it so the skin can stay some what tight. Then rinse off. Next lather up the bum. Do one cheek up and up then do that check front to back. Then rinse off and then do the same to the other cheek. Now when I’m done. I soap up really good and let it stay there for a minute or two. Then I rinse everything off. And my other secret is I use baby powder every single day no matter what. My bum gets desitin and powder but my crotch gets only powder. And I’ll repowder at least twice in my initial diaper after my shower. To make shore I stay smooth and dry. I recently had two in grown hairs but they went away on there own. I just recently in the past few months started shaving. It’s the best decision I have made.

Reactions: Edgewater and maxgood
diaper12321lover said:
I have to shave my crotch every other day and between my legs and my bum about every 4 to 5 days cause my hair don’t grow to fast there. Get a great razor with at minimum 3 blades on it. 4 or 5 blade is the preferred. Get a good shaving cream and lather up really good in the crotch. Do the top and around the shaft first. Then rinse off. Then do your front part of the sack, then rinse off. Then do the back part of it and then rinse off. Next do between the legs and get to squat when you shave it so the skin can stay some what tight. Then rinse off. Next lather up the bum. Do one cheek up and up then do that check front to back. Then rinse off and then do the same to the other cheek. Now when I’m done. I soap up really good and let it stay there for a minute or two. Then I rinse everything off. And my other secret is I use baby powder every single day no matter what. My bum gets desitin and powder but my crotch gets only powder. And I’ll repowder at least twice in my initial diaper after my shower. To make shore I stay smooth and dry. I recently had two in grown hairs but they went away on there own. I just recently in the past few months started shaving. It’s the best decision I have made.
Thank you for your detailed reply. Much appreciated!

I would be there for ages if I just wiped and get through so many wipes and then still wouldn’t feel totally clean. I get the bulk of it off with the clean part of my nappy and get use a few wipes before jumping in the shower. If I’m out I will just wipe as best as can and change. I always then change again as soon as I get home even if I haven’t used my nappy as it leaves skid marks so shower before changing.

Back