Winter has begun

Kirisin

' Stich' I Am Who I Am Your Approval Isn't Needed
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
5 inches first storm of the year in Montana. Last night Mother Nature paid her first visit of the season. Thought you all would like to see the new pictures

Attachments

• 5958.jpeg
    5958.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5959.jpeg
    5959.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5963.jpeg
    5963.jpeg
    729.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: snugglyowl, Jorelaxed, Woncrinklz and 12 others
we won't be far behind you. Great photos

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 3 others
I’m dreading it. I love the summer. In a few days the high here in Chicago will touch around 40. 🥶

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 2 others
I miss Montana….

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 2 others
I was in Montana for a bit. Moody weather, but a very awesome place.

Reactions: Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen and Kirisin
Ski season soon!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen and Kirisin
Sealander said:
I’m dreading it. I love the summer. In a few days the high here in Chicago will touch around 40. 🥶
I went thru Chicago this morning. Rained all night in Joilet and most of the day today. Finally quit when I got to Toledo Ohio. Tonight im east of Cleveland. My wife took those pictures for everyone. I've been watching Temps as this front comes down out of Canada.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Sealander
Supposed to be 74 here on the New England coast this weekend. Gotta love the continuing fading away of the last ice age! Hard to imagine, just 15000 years ago Connecticut was covered by a mile thick sheet of ice.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
I live at the bottom of what was the largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi River. In that ice age 15000 years ago created a ice dam on the Clark Fork River that burst and refilled 7 times you can still see the remnants of Glacier Lake Missoula. It's really a good read Glacier Lake Missoula is what created the Columbia River Gorge anyway we think of the same ice age a lot

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen and TrashPanda01
More pictures still snowing close to 8 inches

Attachments

• 6096.jpeg
    6096.jpeg
    881.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 6095.jpeg
    6095.jpeg
    806.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 6094.jpeg
    6094.jpeg
    821.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater, warmfeeling and 1 other person
Kirisin said:
I live at the bottom of what was the largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi River. In that ice age 15000 years ago created a ice dam on the Clark Fork River that burst and refilled 7 times you can still see the remnants of Glacier Lake Missoula. It's really a good read Glacier Lake Missoula is what created the Columbia River Gorge anyway we think of the same ice age a lot

That is neat. My folks lives by Flathead Lake and they have recently told me about the history of the Glacier Lake Missoula.

Reactions: Edgewater and Kirisin
More pictures
The first picture you can see the mountain peak almost 10,000 feet hi just poke out of the clouds
The second shows the same spot about an hour later as the clouds envelope the peak as the blue sky returns from 3 days of snow

Attachments

• 6162.jpeg
    6162.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 6168.jpeg
    6168.jpeg
    702.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Jorelaxed
Getting ready to pull out my snowmobile. Hope for inches to feet. This midwest hasn't had a good snow season for a while.

Reactions: ik02, Edgewater and Kirisin
And we were in the low 80's. Just the difference in geography I suppose.

Brr. Too cold for my blood!

Kirisin said:
5 inches first storm of the year in Montana. Last night Mother Nature paid her first visit of the season. Thought you all would like to see the new pictures
Just rainy and unsettled here in the north of the uk

Reactions: Kirisin
dogboy said:
And we were in the low 80's. Just the difference in geography I suppose.
Geography yes Montana sits on the Continental Divide. The jet stream comes right out of Canada and sinks into the US right in the middle of the state how far it sinks determines just how cold it will get and how far south the cold front goes. The jet stream usually loops south right over us and then heads east that's where extreme northern Midwest states east of the divide get there deep cold temperatures and heavy snow from the jet stream passing below us as well as suckung moisture from the gulf of Mexico north into Montana Wyoming North and South Dakota Minnesota and Wisconsin see extremes of both cold snow and wind. We have snow all year round finally melts off the peaks in September and then in October it returns. Definitely georgraphy I love this time of year SNOW bring it on lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and CrossfireHurricane
Any wild guess regarding this Winter that you see from your vantage point.

My being centered in the Great Lakes, thus effected by both the South an North that vary depending on the deep of Cold North and the Warm, moist South.

Reactions: Kirisin and Jorelaxed
Early this morning at 3 am it was in the low 40s, even got to 39 F. I actually pulled my sheet over me. Usually I'm hot all the time. It was a refreshing break. But it surprised me with the temp. dropping so dramatically within a week since it was in the 70s just half a week ago here.
Sticky-hot, yucky nights hopefully gone!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Kirisin said:
Wish we had 5” instead of 12” 🫣. It’s to soon for winter 1698480503224.jpeg

Reactions: Kirisin, Jorelaxed and dogboy
Back