Why are size 8 pampers not available in the US?

KitsuneFox said:
European size 8 are equivalent to American size 7
Is EU 7 equivalent to US 6?

12srepaid said:
Surprisingly, the Dollar General "Gentle Steps" size 7 is pretty big, and a very good diaper to boot.
Definitely bigger than both Pampers and Huggies size 7.
Oh, thank you 12repaid. I saw this post on Holloween and ran up to Dollar General while my boy was out tricking and getting candy. His last year probably as he is 15 y/o.

I will say that Gentle Steps size 7 is definitely way bigger than pampers size 7.

I did a size comparison between a pampers size 7, huggies goodnight size large, then Gentle Steps size 7, then Huggies Goodnights XXL meant for 145lbs plus.

The Gentle Steps size 7 is about an inch taller than papmers size 7 and only 1/5 inch shorter than Huggies goodnights XXL.

Fits my 34 inch waist tight, but fits.

Absorbs better than an XXL Huggies Goodnights
I have read all of JessicaMom's posts, Changing a 13 y/o seems a bid dubious to me, even if high spectrum. Allowing her daughter to change her 13 y/o son (Inappropriate by far, I wouldn't want my sister seeing my junk, and my sister raped me when I was 11). Her 13 y/o at 65 pounds would be skeletal even if small for age, and then she suddenly she disappears.

My 15 y/o is almost skelatal at 125lbs an 5'10", but he has high metabs, and very active in Football & soon prrelim hishschool Track & Field in which he has medaled the past two years in middle school. Doc has zero concern since my son is a sprinter and actively lifts weights and has a 6 pack at age 15.

He is also spectrum special needs.

I would look into these for the 7 year old. They are much larger than the size 7 pampers or the gentle steps. These are by cuties, they are a true size 8 diaper. But they do not have dual tabs.

Good luck.

Marlowe said:
I found Size 8 Diapers at Wal-Mart in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Yes, 3 years after the original post pampers do now offer a size 8 in America, but only on there swaddlers line, no sign of it reaching cruisers, cruisers 360, baby dry or easy-up lines any time soon.

Jessicamom said:
Thanks I’m going to look into those cloth ones. He doesn’t need the odor protection of the plastic, just absorption. We also use sposie diaper inserts so that helps too.
Super undies are made for children with special needs cloth underwear. I hope this helps you a lot .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120-085336.png
    Screenshot_20240120-085336.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
HappyNappin said:
Yes, 3 years after the original post pampers do now offer a size 8 in America, but only on there swaddlers line, no sign of it reaching cruisers, cruisers 360, baby dry or easy-up lines any time soon.
I bought some Swaddlers 8 in Canada. They're not quite large as EU Pampers Baby Dry 8, but they do are larger than the pampers 6 I had left over. They use the less-stretchy elastics from a Pampers Cruiser, so their wings don't stretch the way I wish they would. EU Pampers 8 still reigns as best, although I haven't tried Tippy Toes 7 or Gentle Steps 7 but those are limited to USA I believe.
Boundless Cuties have been unavailable for quite a long time now, I'm not sure if they're coming back.

fakename said:
I bought some Swaddlers 8 in Canada. They're not quite large as EU Pampers Baby Dry 8, but they do are larger than the pampers 6 I had left over. They use the less-stretchy elastics from a Pampers Cruiser, so their wings don't stretch the way I wish they would. EU Pampers 8 still reigns as best, although I haven't tried Tippy Toes 7 or Gentle Steps 7 but those are limited to USA I believe.
Boundless Cuties have been unavailable for quite a long time now, I'm not sure if they're coming back.
What store did you find them at? Walmart?

Jessicamom said:
I see that pampers have a size 8 but it’s not available in the us. Why is that?
do adult people still fit in pampers size 8 or 7?
actually i tried another baby diaper size 7 but it didn't fit me i merged two size 7 diapers in order to trying to fit on it but it was so tight

Back