Why are size 8 pampers not available in the US?

Jessicamom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I see that pampers have a size 8 but it’s not available in the us. Why is that?

Reactions: Lewis Badger
European size 8 are equivalent to American size 7

Reactions: LilByte, TigerDL, AJFan2020 and 2 others
KitsuneFox said:
Well that makes since and explains it. Thanks. I wish regular diaper companies would make a larger 2 tab diaper as my older son is almost to big for size 7.

Hello Jessicamom,

Have you looked into some of the small ABDL diapers that may be out there? These may work well for your child if they outgrow Pampers Size 7, and will be much more absorbent.

Reactions: Wolfman69 and Sheepies
bambinobaby said:
Hello Jessicamom,

Have you looked into some of the small ABDL diapers that may be out there? These may work well for your child if they outgrow Pampers Size 7, and will be much more absorbent.
Are they 2 tab diapers with the soft feel? Could you recommend some to me?

Reactions: Wolfman69
There is a company that does make diapers with 2 tapes in adults sizes with a size small. But he might be to little for them

Jessicamom said:
The
babyjoe698 said:
There is a company that does make diapers with 2 tapes in adults sizes with a size small. But he might be to little for them
They are plastic back diapers

Reactions: cooter
babyjoe698 said:
The
They are plastic back diapers
I think Jessicamom is referring to ABU cushies or super dry kids. I think they offer a small size, and are plastic backed

Last edited:
Northshore care has youth diapers that are not baby diapers. They are an awesome company and will send you samples.
They will chat with you online and send you the best options. I suggest getting your son's input on what he likes before asking for samples that way he has some say.

Reactions: stareegirl, 12srepaid and Sheepies
Here's some suggestions for an older child. All of these come in size small that are designed for larger children and small teens/youth.

Cloth-Back Diapers:
Tranquility Slimline
Northshore AirPremium
Northshore AirSupreme

Plastic Backed:
Northshore MegaMax (size X-Small)
Crinklz Origional
BetterDry
MoliCare Slip Maxi

AB/DL Brands:
ABU Simple
ABU Super Dry Kids
ABU Cushies
ABU LittlePaws

Theres a lot of options out there depending on need, usage, absorbency needs, fit, etc. Pampers Size 7 and similar brands are pretty much about the biggest baby/common diaper brands out there. After that the options are AB/DL and medical brands in youth and small Adult sizes when products like GoodNites and diapers don't work anymore. I know of plenty of places with samples too.

Reactions: TigerDL, stareegirl, Thalie and 1 other person
Jessicamom said:
I'm sure you've tried several brands. I might recommend the XL Goodnites, if your son would wear them. However, they may be a bit too thin and often have a clammy feel to them at times. ABUniverse has their "Super Dry Kids" brand, which has a single tape on each side. But they tend to run thin, have a bold navy-blue finish in some places, and have a bit of a rough texture. Another brand to consider would be Better Dry from North Shore, but they only come in small and medium sizes. Crinklz is made from the same company, and actually is available in the small size in addition to medium, large, and extra large. Much of what you select will depend on the weight and waist size of your son. And finally, there is Amazon and a brand called "Little For Big" which at least one reviewer gave a positive review for their handicapped daughter. Having tried that brand myself, the fit and finish are quite good, as well as the comfort.

As for my own personal choice, I tend to like the Bambino Bellissimo the best because they are white, with a more traditional taping panel and a wider mid-section. Absorbency is very good, and they also have a very dry feel to them compared to Goodnites. For the best discretion when I am out and about for long periods, I will opt for a Huggies Size 6 Overnight or Little Movers Size 7 as a pad, under a standard Fruit Of The Loom. When used as a pad system, they have a dry feel to them and good longevity. And they can be swapped out in a flash when needed (and yes, they're small enough to fit into a pocket where nobody sees). Both a Huggies Size 6 or Pampers Size 7 are a great choice when I have to be around places that tend to be a bit hostile towards disabilities and sensory integration issues.

Reactions: JustinCace
DLScottsman said:
Northshore care has youth diapers that are not baby diapers. They are an awesome company and will send you samples.
They will chat with you online and send you the best options. I suggest getting your son's input on what he likes before asking for samples that way he has some say.
I second Northshore. Their customer service is incredible. Actually, one of their reps, NorthShoreAdam is very active on the site. He might be able to give recommendations for your son.

Also: heads up: plastic backed diapers are better at concealing smells than cloth backed like Goodnites, but have a plastic crinkle noise that may be noticable in quiet settings like a classroom. If you want quiet, you'll want cloth.

Last edited:
goodnites2011 said:
Here's some suggestions for an older child. All of these come in size small that are designed for larger children and small teens/youth.

Cloth-Back Diapers:
Tranquility Slimline
Northshore AirPremium
Northshore AirSupreme

Plastic Backed:
Northshore MegaMax (size X-Small)
Crinklz Origional
BetterDry
MoliCare Slip Maxi

AB/DL Brands:
ABU Simple
ABU Super Dry Kids
ABU Cushies
ABU LittlePaws

Theres a lot of options out there depending on need, usage, absorbency needs, fit, etc. Pampers Size 7 and similar brands are pretty much about the biggest baby/common diaper brands out there. After that the options are AB/DL and medical brands in youth and small Adult sizes when products like GoodNites and diapers don't work anymore. I know of plenty of places with samples too.

Thanks I’m going to look into those cloth ones. He doesn’t need the odor protection of the plastic, just absorption. We also use sposie diaper inserts so that helps too.

Sheepies said:
I second Northshore. Their customer service is incredible. Actually, one of their reps, NorthShoreAdam is very active on the site. He might be able to give recommendations for your son.

Also: heads up: plastic backed diapers are better at concealing smells than cloth backed like Goodnites, but have a plastic crinkle noise that may be noticable in quiet settings like a classroom. If you want quiet, you'll want cloth.

Ya know, slightly off topic, but my anecdotal experience goes the opposite way; I find that plastic backed tends to be much quieter (unless it's like, ABU with the stiffer plastic on the landing zone) and somehow cloth-backed always rustles way louder.

Anyway just figured I'd share that

Why are two tabs important to you ? As bodies get bigger, they need the four tabs to stay secure

Reactions: boredofwheelchair, TigerDL and AJFan2020
Jessicamom said:
Veo que los pampers tienen una talla 8 pero no está disponible en Estados Unidos. ¿Porqué es eso?
HHave you tried the prevail? They have straps and are size S or youth for teens or young children up to 32 "in waist.

jimmy4444 said:
Why are two tabs important to you ? As bodies get bigger, they need the four tabs to stay secure
The two tabs on the Prevail Per-Fit 360° ™ Incontinence Briefs, Maximum Plus Absorbency are something like seven inches long. Four tabs are unnecessary.

Last edited:
KitsuneFox said:
Pampers Active Baby 8 is unavailable on certain EU countries, I've never seen them on Greek grocery stores.

Surprisingly, the Dollar General "Gentle Steps" size 7 is pretty big, and a very good diaper to boot.
Definitely bigger than both Pampers and Huggies size 7.

I do hope that Northshore can add their prints to their XS Megamax someday.

Last edited:
Back