whos got any storys of useing a crib later in life

oliveratpx4869

conanfan
Contributor
Role
  1. Little
im wandering

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I was probably about 12 years old when my sister was born. I was super jealous of the baby since she got the things i wanted secretly. Well when she got to be about 2 and her crib mattress was lowered all the way down since she was getting bigger I used to tape on a pampers cruiser size 7 and climb into her crib and act like a baby when my parents weren’t home

• Love
Reactions: thedlguy, bugme, babyamelia and 6 others
DiaperSWAG said:
I was probably about 12 years old when my sister was born. I was super jealous of the baby since she got the things i wanted secretly. Well when she got to be about 2 and her crib mattress was lowered all the way down since she was getting bigger I used to tape on a pampers cruiser size 7 and climb into her crib and act like a baby when my parents weren’t home
god i wish i could have done that! you got me really jealous.

Reactions: DiaperSWAG and BobbiSueEllen
I'm in a crib right now. Had it for four months now, it's all girled up and painted in Sue Ellen colors. Based on a full-size mattress & platform. I'm very, very happy now and my sleep is terrific! 🥳🤗🥰

Crib - w pink gingham.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SissyPwincessAndrea, dutchdiplover, Rezzu and 27 others
I slept in a crib last night 😊

• Love
Reactions: chickpea and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
I'm in a crib right now. Had it for four months now, it's all girled up and painted in Sue Ellen colors. Based on a full-size mattress & platform. I'm very, very happy now and my sleep is terrific! 🥳🤗🥰

Looks nice! Love the bears in diapers. Thanks for the photo.

• Love
Reactions: chickpea and Deleted member 56273
BobbiSueEllen said:

That is beautiful.

• Love
Not sure if this counts, but I slept in my baby crib until I was six years old. I was told that it was a "six year crib" and my parents were frugal. I don't remember getting upset over it.

Reactions: thedlguy and Freddie07601
Well, i was in hospital outside Kiev in the early 90's, I DO NOT speak much russian let alone Ukrainian at all. Long story but needed to get some scrapnel out of my leg and where we were i didnt trust, least in Kiev I had a couple friends/work mates, and got things going, my friends gave them my info and issues. Well I guess I was sleepwalking (Have for life), and all I know was I woke up in a hospital bed with metal cage.

It was rather scarry to wake up in a cage, especially when the nurses didnt speak english, but after a few hours (felt longer) the dr came by and he spoke english, After talking to him, was much less nervous, guess I knocked over some equipment and such getting up, not to mention wasnt supposed to be on my leg too.

Would honestly been fun if not for the pain/etc. could have been a decent time, 3 days later was back on a plane back to the office.

So, long story, but was sorta a crib, and to not know why/when/etc on the situation was cause for worry. After chat with the dr, was better, but not in a mindset of anything but wanting to get back to the states. Dr. said that if i need out for anything, to wave down a nurse and they will get me out to a wheelchair, TBH did that once, was painful, so just stayed in bed till good enough to fly.

As for a crib, I did look into getting one for sleepwalking, which i get some falls doing that, but a segufix is better as for sleep and can rollover and alike without worrying about hitting bars. I was 73" now 70" but not small. I have people here 24/7 since 2020, died in mid july, my cell phone called 911 from a drop. Good thing else noone would have bee around to help in any way. Sorta been hard to talk about the dying thing and experiances from it. But they brought me back, drilled an IO into my leg and didnt ask past that (still in when i woke up).

For my use, the segufix is a comfortable thing/device, and when i have it on i get great sleep, so it's a win/win for me. A adult sized crib would work too, I looked as far as costs, and the bed straps were WAY cheaper and reimbursable. So that is what i use, not really AB but it does make you vulnerable to say the least...When little mom/dad just locked the door to my room, my room was tiny and they took anything hard/dangerous out of the room, did that till senior year in high school when family moved, was only there for 1/2 a year, after grad I moved out.

What do you think about the segufix (google it) I think it's somewhat baby/ish, but that is mostly cause i associate it with being a kid when door was locked (Dr. told parents to do it). I remember it was an issue when i was super young, then later it was just the norm, and TBH when it was brought up when moving that they wernt going to change locks on the new house, I really just forgot about the door being locked. I know i'd wake up on the floor or alike quite a bit, but that was also no suprise and was still in my room so wasnt too disorianted.

Does anyone else think that bed straps are childish?

BobbiSueEllen said:

your crib is beautiful!

maybe you could jazz it up by weaving some fairy lights in between the bars 🤔

Reactions: LiLMaus and BobbiSueEllen
Thanks! But I'd rather not have the lights...just not my thing. I do love how the glow-in-the-dark sticker at the inside foot of my crib fades its glow as I fade off to sleep. That and the Big Dipper & North Star to its right, like so...

Crib Note.png

• Love
Reactions: BunnyPrincess, Joeysms and Littlebabaprince
i was gifted a crib a while back for the night my wife works the night shift. twin size mattress and i have the best sleep ever in it.

• Love
In the crib whenever possible

1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chickpea, Joeysms, littlemoosey and 2 others
Cribbin said:
In the crib whenever possible

View attachment 121306
Me, too! It's my safe place, my sanctuary. It's a happy place to be, diaper on or not...it was the best $250 ever spent as well as the hours it took to build it. And it saves me money! How? If I'm in my crib, I'm not out blowing it. I love this crib and how it makes me feel...what it does for my life. I am very happy. 🤗🧸🍼🥰

Reactions: chickpea, Joeysms and Cribbin
we used to play in the cribs(and other stuff) in the church nursery all the time..... and the age group was 6th grade-12th

In fact the nursery was a hang out spot after hours during church. It was the only place in the main building that had a fridge, a microwave and a full sink. We'd sometimes just go get popcorn and hang out. We'd keep a 12 pack of soda in because we had permission from the adults.

Oh and besides that, they had a bunch of those padded floor tiles so if you wanted to you could catch a quick snooze when the nursery was not occupied. Then again if you were one of the girls in our age group, you were expected to volunteer there.

Last edited:
Straycatz said:
Not sure if this counts, but I slept in my baby crib until I was six years old. I was told that it was a "six year crib" and my parents were frugal. I don't remember getting upset over it.
ya thats what made me ask this since i heard of this so can you remember what its like

I have the baby crib that came with my bed room furniture but if I tried to put it together that would probably lead to a bunch of problems with my wife and I. She already doesn't like how my room looks and crib just isn't big enough. There was a very nice custom crib on Facebook market, It was a baby crib with storage drawers that converted to a twin size bed if you removed the diaper changer. It sold right when I was getting ready to make an offer. Probably for the best.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Back