Who fluffs up their disposable diapers ahead of changes ?

Luvshugs said:
I like fluffy cloth diapers, out of the dryer! Not to be trying to change the subject.
When I’m in cloth gauze diapers night weight right out of the dryer …. Heaven ❤️
Birdseye are to flat ,thick and won’t fluff like gauze cotton does 😊

Reactions: Diprs2
LittleRen77 said:
I must confess that in my excitement to put on a diaper I usually just open it flat, back up against a wall, and tape it. I don't even think about the leak guards. I've gotta be more patient... fluff, taco fold, leak guards up! Thanks for the suggestions!
I giggled at your response because I often wonder how many use the Wall to hold a diaper in place lol . When mommy isn’t at home and I’m past soggy depending on if I can actually stand up or not I use the Wall method to . Otherwise I’m laying flat and roll from side to side . My spinal cord damage dictates how I change myself . Ya made me giggle 🥰😂😊😉

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleRen77
mightytoddler said:
I giggled at your response because I often wonder how many use the Wall to hold a diaper in place lol . When mommy isn’t at home and I’m past soggy depending on if I can actually stand up or not I use the Wall method to . Otherwise I’m laying flat and roll from side to side . My spinal cord damage dictates how I change myself . Ya made me giggle 🥰😂😊😉
The "wall backup" is a new thing for me. Another post asked about the best way to put on a diaper, and that was the suggestion. I've done it that way ever since. Much simpler than sitting on the diaper on a chair, which is what I used to do.

Luvshugs said:
I like fluffy cloth diapers, out of the dryer! Not to be trying to change the subject.
While I wear plastic-backed diapers, they too can be fluffed in the dryer if you're careful about it.
Such a noticeable difference between fluffed and un-fluffed!

Reactions: Cuddlebutt, Diprs2, Luvshugs and 1 other person
PrincessKy said:
While I wear plastic-backed diapers, they too can be fluffed in the dryer if you're careful about it.
Such a noticeable difference between fluffed and un-fluffed!
🤔😊

I do but there is a law of deminishing returns. Fluff them too much and all the SAP falls apart and clumps.

Last edited:
No I don’t. To me I think it wastes time, doesn’t seem to add any benefit and makes them seem more clumpy when wet (even if it’s only a little bit).

I also don’t use the super thick abdl nappies so not sure if that makes a difference.

Of course I do, whenever a new pack arrives, I automatically grab around half of them or a quarter of them and fluff them up so they can be sat down on my computer desk or shelf for at least 2 days. I don't wear them straight from the pack because like you said @mightytoddler, they do compress them to the max to fit as many as they can. But I always have contingencies. There's always a diaper from the previous pack.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and mightytoddler
Fluffer here but i also refold them in half like they are supposed to be :)

Maybe it just me ? But Its seams like when you fluff it fits better along with absorbs much more !

Reactions: Diprs2, lilstevie56, mightytoddler and 1 other person
Rita said:
Maybe it just me ? But Its seams like when you fluff it fits better along with absorbs much more !
Right . Wayyyyy less chance of leaking to .🥰

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and PaddedRita
Rita said:
Definately

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler, Diprs2 and PaddedRita
Makes a huge difference! I would totally recommend it!

Reactions: mightytoddler
BengieG said:
Fluffer here but i also refold them in half like they are supposed to be :)
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that. I always fold them in half baby diaper style. That way I can see the difference between a fluffed diaper and one that's not. The way they're supposed to be for sure.

BabyLink9 said:
Makes a huge difference! I would totally recommend it!
I didn't do it for a long time. Took me a long time to realize I should be fluffing my diapers when they arrive. Also took me a long time to start buying stuffers, which turned into strictly size 6 Luvs diapers, and also powder and oil. I guess you could say I failed to read the abdl manual when I signed my contract.

I usually throw a bunch in the dryer for a couple minutes. And then those are my diapers for the next few days. It works really well and they get super fluffy unless you do it for too long and then they get TOO fluffy and kinda seperate inside and dont absorb as well. But theres a sweet spot depending on the kind of diaper where when they come out they are absolutely perfect.

If I can't do that for whatever reason I do the typical hand fluffing but the dryer is much nicer. Depends on the diaper though, some work better with it than others. ATN's for example I just hand fluff bc the dryer doesnt do much to them. But the ones with more padding/stuffing, it does wonders for, IF you get the timing just right.

Reactions: LittleRen77
I should add you need to open them up before using the dryer, or else they wont get fluffed right. Maybe thats just obvious though lol

Reactions: BabyLouise
I've seen a lot of people say fluffing them makes them more absorbent or comfy. How do I fluff my own?

Are some brands better than others for fluffing? I tried it with Dry 24/7's by hand and couldn't tell the difference. I tried the dryer method, and it just made the padding lumpy.

I don’t fluff, I like the square feeling around me of a new diapee lol.

Back