Who fluffs up their disposable diapers ahead of changes ?

PuppyJames said:
I've seen a lot of people say fluffing them makes them more absorbent or comfy. How do I fluff my own?
To do it by hand you want to open it up, and kind of... jeez its hard to describe.. fold it in a U shape with the inside facing up and go up and down.. Picture holding a piece of paper in your hands. Put it in a u shape. then move your hands so it keeps the shape but your left arm goes up and right arm goes down and then vice versa. That is how I do it. Then I do the same thing to the wings. It is especially important to pay attention to the creases and smooth them out like this.

Reactions: PuppyJames
StrawberryPan said:
To do it by hand you want to open it up, and kind of... jeez its hard to describe.. fold it in a U shape with the inside facing up and go up and down.. Picture holding a piece of paper in your hands. Put it in a u shape. then move your hands so it keeps the shape but your left arm goes up and right arm goes down and then vice versa. That is how I do it. Then I do the same thing to the wings. It is especially important to pay attention to the creases and smooth them out like this.
Oh okay! Thank you so much, I'll try that with my next case :)

I always fluff my diaper . If nothing else , it makes them more comfy but I do think they might absorb a little better fluffed up. I've noticed some brands don't need fluffing as much as others. Crinkles come flat as a pancake out of the package and fluff up a lot , Rearz don't seem to need near as much fluffing.

Always! I fold roll crinkle and stretch my diaper a little before putting it on feels so much more comfy and fits to your body better!

Always before putting on a nappy i unfold, then fold lengthways like a taco, scrunch up along the fold and then lay out to powder and lay onto to tape up for best fit and absorbency ^.^

I will taco fold them and with Crinkles stretch them out because the plastic sucks on them other than that they are ok and the only diaper my wife really likes , I like plain white better ) but happy wife happy life .

I’m always afraid that if I fluff them too much the padding will break down faster and clump up . Really after all they will be fluffed up as you move around .
I have noticed if you do pre fluff they seem to absorb better though.

I tried fluffing a Depends in the drier. Didn't seem to do much, if anything. Am I missing something?
Dependonme

Back