Where do you get your shoes from?

longallsboy said:
I was suggested that too by several people I know who are moms. In a few cases, their older children or teen kids wore them, but I'm just not interested in Doc Martens at all, I don't like the fact the name is on the leather of the shoe, and I don't like that it has a lug sole either. I definitely want a T strap shoe with a flatter type of sole, like one intended for children. There are actually quite a few companies in Spain that make adorable T strap shoes for children, but most of them stop at size 38 or the largest, by size 41. Of course, money does talk so maybe if I offer thousands of dollars.... I do wish my foot was even a little bit smaller. It sucks. As for America, there used to be about 20 companies making strap shoes for children in the late 1990s and now there are only 2 left (and one of them makes their shoes in Vietnam now although their office is still in the United States, in Pennsylvania). It's hard to find T strap shoes in America nowadays even if you are an actual child. In the West Coast, T strap shoes have become literally almost non-existent, like gone the way of the dodo, even for girls. Part of the reason for that is people tend to be quite casual in the Western USA and have been even more casual since the damned COVID 19 (aka the gift that keeps giving that is driving me crazy). You see boys wearing T strap shoes in South like Alabama with their long-alls and jon jons. Also common in Georgia and South Carolina and Tennessee.

I have always wondered why even in Spain that they are called children's shoes. What I mean by that is, when a company says that they are going to make "children's shoes", even if they say they are going to make children's shoes ONLY, they should make it in every size that a child might be able to wear. Like with a 12 year old, why should one child who is 12, and say 5 feet 2 inches and wears a shoe size of 36 or 37 be able to wear an adorable T strap shoe, whereas another child who is also 12 years old, who is 5 feet 11 inches and wears a size 40 won't be able to? That doesn't sound fair. Children's shoes should be built to accommodate ALL children's sizes. And if you think that a 12 year old can't be 5 feet 10 inches, you are crazy. I went to a July 4th parade last year and I saw a band marching down the street in the parade that was from a middle school and these were 12-13 year olds and some of them looked taller than me, and I'm almost 6 feet tall! I have a friend who is 20 years old now, but when he was even 13, he was as tall as me almost!! And then how about adult ladies who wear smaller sizes. My mom is 5 feet 4 inches and wears a size 7 ladies (37 European). If she wanted to, she could easily wear what I want to wear (of course, she wouldn't....my mom is not overly fond of people who don't act their age or dress their age -- and it doesn't matter even if they are developmentally disabled with Autism like I am. Sometimes I wonder if she would be more understanding of me if I had Down Syndrome or maybe was a proportional pituitary dwarf. I think having Autism is one of most misunderstood disorders). There are normal adult ladies wearing these Spanish children's T strap shoes (and for all I know, probably some adult males who have smaller feet). I act the youngest in my family, but I'll tell you I'm the TALLEST person out of 25 people that are extended family (not just my parents and brother, but aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). Most people of Asian American background don't end up being that tall at all. My maternal grandmother was only 5 feet tall, my maternal grandfather was 4 feet 11 inches tall. I act the most like a preschooler and I had to be the oldest. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😢

- longallsboy
I ordered those ones from ebay. They're girl's school shoes and they're not too bad also I bought some cargo pants for wearing them with black socks and also with flat women's penny loafers too because they're more cheaper.

Attachments

• 20221216_155153.jpg
    20221216_155153.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 15
  • received_538897661488236.jpeg
    received_538897661488236.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 13
  • received_829564268340376.jpeg
    received_829564268340376.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, sissybaby34 and BobbiSueEllen
MandyBear said:
you might have luck at DSW.com
Thank you!! We have a DSW close to me. I’ve been looking for Mary janes to go with my little outfits Amazon has really cute ones with a small heel and bows.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
I'll fully rep for Demonia, who usually carry up to a women's size 12 (USA) and have pretty good quality products. A lot of the designs are perhaps a bit out there for many of you and the platforms will definitely make you significantly taller, but they have some real cute designs, like Mary Janes. I have unfortunately pretty wide feet and their shoes always fit me very nicely.

kera-08-buvl_5e369759-f407-4da6-b7db-ea6f434c93b9_1024x1024.jpg
ashes-120-bplvhg_1024x1024.jpg
sprite-02-bp_fd3717f7-baee-4340-afd6-eff854ef0a09_1024x1024.jpg
shopping

• Love
YakuiAndOzoi said:
I'll fully rep for Demonia, who usually carry up to a women's size 12 (USA) and have pretty good quality products. A lot of the designs are perhaps a bit out there for many of you and the platforms will definitely make you significantly taller, but they have some real cute designs, like Mary Janes. I have unfortunately pretty wide feet and their shoes always fit me very nicely.

kera-08-buvl_5e369759-f407-4da6-b7db-ea6f434c93b9_1024x1024.jpg
ashes-120-bplvhg_1024x1024.jpg
sprite-02-bp_fd3717f7-baee-4340-afd6-eff854ef0a09_1024x1024.jpg
shopping
The pink ones with hearts for me please.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Angelapinks said:
The pink ones with hearts for me please.
I know Dollskill stocks other Mary Janes from similar brands with this kind of design, but the sizing usually only goes up to women's 10. They have a few women's 15s though!

Last edited:
Sometimes my girlfriend buy then for me at the thrift stores.
(I'm currently wearing my girlfriend's pumps)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120-164726_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230120-164726_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
My T-bars are "Red or Dead": search for this, might find some on ebay.

If you have a Amazon prime membership and buy clothing or shoes many of the vendors offer a try before you buy that gives you the product at no charge for 7 days from the day it is delivered. If it does not fit or not what you expected then simply mail it right back and never get a charge to your credit card. I only say that as I have had a prime membership for years and never new until this past year. I am fixing to maybe buy a new pair of Bowling shoes from there. I purchased a bowling glove about 6 months back maybe a bit longer it was the first time I used the service.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks
longallsboy said:
I got a vintage late 1980s pair of Start Rite T strap shoes in a European size 41 on eBay back in 2015. They are rather cute, but I would love to have some children's shoe company in Spain make me an adorable burnt orange / tan T strap shoe in my size. It's not going to be easy, though-

- longallsboy
Those would be great for summer, they look more breathable and more like a mix between a sandal and a closed toe shoe.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
Those Ashes-120 look stunning, I'd get some if they were not so much haha :D

BabyRuby88 said:
I got my shoes form amazon (Germany) for example these. With a food size of ~ 11.5 there are several options.
It's worth mentioning. British and European sizing is the same for men and women. However, neither of these are the same actual numbers as US.

Back