When did you know you were an ABDL?

The short version is I trained late and as a result, they stuck around in my head. Acted on urges in middle school, stole some Goodnites, and was hooked from there.

I have been curious about ABDL at a young age. For a long time, I thought I was unusual for liking to wear/wet diapers after being fully potty-trained. The ute designs back in the 90's fascinated me. I was never even a bedwetter. I had no idea this was even a thing until I discovered the internet. Back to my memories, I was in summer camp during my primary school years and I would occasionally see the younger children getting changed. Seeing a bag full of wet diapers didn't have much of an effect on me then.

As I got older, I became more curious about wearing diapers all over again. During the early 2000's, I would continue to see diapers and Pull-Ups getting changed. I occasionally wore diapers but I was upset because they never fit me. I then tried on some Pull-Ups and they fit like a charm! My fascination with Pull-Ups stems from those past experiences along with the cute designs. Flash forward to 2007 when I was 19, I finally had the courage to buy my first pack of Pull-Ups from a grocery store. Ever since then, my confidence has skyrocketed and I have no issued buying in store. However, I became a teaching assistant and I do worry about my student(s) catching me buying diapers from the grocery store.

Like many other people here, I have occasionally stolen diapers from others during my preteen years and I am not proud of it today. I have even attempted to steal from a store, but I always chickened out at the last minute as I did not have the balls to go through it back then. Now that I look back, I'm glad I didn't have the balls to shoplift during my younger years. Any who, that is my full story.

Aquasailor said:
As I got older, I became more curious about wearing diapers all over again. During the early 2000's, I would continue to see diapers and Pull-Ups getting changed. I occasionally wore diapers but I was upset because they never fit me. I then tried on some Pull-Ups and they fit like a charm! My fascination with Pull-Ups stems from those past experiences along with the cute designs. Flash forward to 2007 when I was 19, I finally had the courage to buy my first pack of Pull-Ups from a grocery store. Ever since then, my confidence has skyrocketed and I have no issued buying in store. However, I became a teaching assistant and I do worry about my student(s) catching me buying diapers from the grocery store.

Like many other people here, I have occasionally stolen diapers from others during my preteen years and I am not proud of it today. I have even attempted to steal from a store, but I always chickened out at the last minute as I did not have the balls to go through it back then. Now that I look back, I'm glad I didn't have the balls to shoplift during my younger years. Any who, that is my full story.

I bet buying that pack of pullups felt amazing :) I still love strolling the diaper aisle and occasionally buying, it still feels wrong to me and I always get the mini-shakes as I go up to the till. Self checkout has made things way easier - next time I might go through a manned till just for the added thrill.

We all know stealing is wrong but I feel like our childhood selves should get a bit of a pass when we were stealing innocuously, especially if it's just nicking a brother/sister's diapers here and there. That's how I got mine until my sister grew out of them, and then I went without until I was 19 or so.

Trained too early and really missed it so I started wearing again

With hindsight I can see I was into it from early adolescence. I didn't do much about it until recently though.

I had been interested with diapers since I can remember, so around 2/3 years old. I thought I was the only one until I started searching on the Internet around aged 12, that's when I knew for sure.

It was about the time I got unrestricted access to the Internet. I think I was about 13 or 12? I looked up diapers all the time and eventually found cites like this. That was a long long time ago.

for me it go back to when I was little like around 3 when my sister was born I new then I wanted to be a baby

As far back as I can remember 3-4. As I got older and could get my own diapers, all I thought was that I must be the most bizarre person on the face of the earth and absolutely no one could understand this. I was already AB, but I guess at that point I was a pre-teen AB. It was not until I found DPF, around '97 did I know that there was actually a term "AB". That is when I finally felt relief, I was not alone... and I was officially an AB.

looking back I guess around 10-12. I had some traumatic stuff happen during that time and I was just drawn to wearing. I bought goodnights or depends pretty often until I moved out with a girlfriend who didn't know anything about it.
But definitely after I discovered the community online. The internet changed everything. For years all I could this is what the fuck is wrong with me? Now I'm happy it's a part of who I am.

When I was a kid, I've always wanted to wear my old diapers again but could never find the stash anywhere so I gave up and didn't have a hope of wearing for years and years. But one day I saw in a dumpster a huge pile of trash of someone who was moving out and amongst the garbage were blue diapers that were big enough for me, and at the time I had no clue that those even existed! So being there curious me, not the DL me, grabbed them that night and brought them to my room but I didn't have the foggiest idea of how to put them on! Fast forward 5 years I moved into my friends house where I was to babysit her kids,I was in her garage when I found old medical adult diapers for her dad who passed away before I moved in. So of course I grabbed them and tried to put them on, but once again, didn't know how to tape them. Some way I don't remember how, I taped them on backwards and took them off when my friend got back. Fast forward again to 2013 I finally have my own place and found out about our community and knew what I was in secrecy. That's when I joined daily diapers. com and talked to a lot of ppl about various topics and eventually joined here. I'm not an ABDL, just a DL.

Back