When did you know you were an ABDL?

Babygroot13

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just wondering when everyone first had feelings of being an ABDL?
because I only just realised but I feel as if it has always been in me, from my use of pull-ups up until the age of 10 because of bed wetting to having a strange urge of wanting to be a baby at the young age of 11.

I have memories of wanting to be in a diaper since the young age of 4. However, I didn’t know I was abdl until my late teen years when the internet was becoming a thing. It was great to find out I wasn’t alone.

Reactions: perlFerret and Babygroot13
As far back as I can remember I've always been interested in diapers. My guess would have to be because I was a bedwetter until around ten. I still remember getting taped up (pullups weren't around yet im guessing)
And getting made fun of by my older brother. Looking back I miss those days.
👍Huggies all the way 👍

Reactions: Babygroot13
Great topic! This is something I think about often enough.

The answer is that I've known that I am a DL my entire life, for sure since I was 4 years old.

A few indicators and a bit super embarrassing.
  1. When I was 7 I took the diaper off my sisters doll and put it on myself to wear and pee in
  2. I used to put my moms maxi pads in my underwear and pee on them
  3. When I was 6 my best friend and I were playing out side and bored, he for whatever reason said "I can ask my mom if we can put on my younger brothers diapers"; I remember feeling excited but played it cool "ohh okay". He asked his mom, obviously she said no. I wonder to this day if he is a DL.
  4. I had a sleep over when I was about 8 and my friend wore diapers at night, we shared a bed. I was so excited, I kept talking about diapers and asking him questions until he got a bit firm and said why do you keep talking about diapers. In the morning I tried to steal one and knew where I would hide it but I couldn't find them in his bag.
and so on etc...

Even as an adult my mother in law dropped off a sleeve of pampers at my house, I came home and no one was there, I saw the diapers and kept looking at them and tried to think of a way to get one out to wear and pee in.

I stole some medical diapers from my neighbor a few times which was great.

The real trigger was discovering Rearz, and other ABDL diapers on Amazon about 3 months ago. It finally clicked that I could order some discretely and ship to a pick up point.

I still hide this from my wife, I keep thinking this is temporary and I just need to get it out of my system.

Reactions: Babygroot13 and BusyBritches
I've always had a love for diapers and childish things. I have never been able to explain why I love wearing diapers but it will always be there, so it's impossible to get rid of it. I've learned to accept it and now I wear as often as I can.

Reactions: BabySarah1yr and Babygroot13
As others have said, this side of myself started to manifest when I was awfully young. I believe I was around 4 or 5 when I just all of sudden got it in my head that I wanted to be a baby again, diapers and all :)

Not entirely sure why this thought sprang to mind, but it did and I embraced and went with it even from that early age. I would stuff my underpants to simulate a diaper, I would go over stories in my head where I was regressed and of course, whenever a book I read or a show I watched had an episode revolving around regression, I took notice and would want to read/watch it again and again and again 😅

So yeah, I've been aware of this from young. I didn't discover it by name until I was 14, I didn't start wearing again until I was 16 and I've been wearing and regressing with consistency since I was 19 and living on my own 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: Babygroot13, PacifierGuy2015 and BusyBritches
It goes back as far as I can remember. I was indulging it when I was 5-6 years old, borrowing my sister's cloth diapers, and I'm sure it's no coincidence that my earliest memory is of being diapered for bedtime.

But it wasn't until I was in college that I realized "ABDL" was a thing. During the dozen-or-so intervening years, I figured I was a one-of-a-kind weirdo.

Discovering that there was this whole other dimension of weirdos was comforting. :)

Reactions: BabySarah1yr, Babygroot13 and BusyBritches
neophyte said:
Great topic! This is something I think about often enough.

The answer is that I've known that I am a DL my entire life, for sure since I was 4 years old.

A few indicators and a bit super embarrassing.
  1. When I was 7 I took the diaper off my sisters doll and put it on myself to wear and pee in
  2. I used to put my moms maxi pads in my underwear and pee on them
  3. When I was 6 my best friend and I were playing out side and bored, he for whatever reason said "I can ask my mom if we can put on my younger brothers diapers"; I remember feeling excited but played it cool "ohh okay". He asked his mom, obviously she said no. I wonder to this day if he is a DL.
  4. I had a sleep over when I was about 8 and my friend wore diapers at night, we shared a bed. I was so excited, I kept talking about diapers and asking him questions until he got a bit firm and said why do you keep talking about diapers. In the morning I tried to steal one and knew where I would hide it but I couldn't find them in his bag.
and so on etc...

Even as an adult my mother in law dropped off a sleeve of pampers at my house, I came home and no one was there, I saw the diapers and kept looking at them and tried to think of a way to get one out to wear and pee in.

I stole some medical diapers from my neighbor a few times which was great.

The real trigger was discovering Rearz, and other ABDL diapers on Amazon about 3 months ago. It finally clicked that I could order some discretely and ship to a pick up point.

I still hide this from my wife, I keep thinking this is temporary and I just need to get it out of my system.
So basically you are a thief. Do they call you the nappy snatcher.😜

Reactions: BusyBritches
^LOL yes it does sound that way, I do not steal diapers anymore and have never stolen anything other than some diapers here and there, we can all relate!

And nicknames can stick! I am not the nappy snatcher!! :ROFLMAO:

neophyte said:
^LOL yes it does sound that way, I do not steal diapers anymore and have never stolen anything other than some diapers here and there, we can all relate!

And nicknames can stick! I am not the nappy snatcher!! :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding but it was kind of funny.😆

Reactions: neophyte
At the age of 6.

My mom had put me back in diapers and rubber pants (1961) at the age of 2, because I kept messing my training pants. She then kept me in diapers until I was 5. Then, a year later, at the age of 6, I was at a friend's house playing when his baby brother messed his diapers and his mom changed his poopy diapers on the living room floor in front of me. At that moment, I knew I wanted to be a baby again, to regress and go back to diapers.

After that, around the age of 8 or 9, I began stealing diapers off of neighbor's clotheslines when they were drying in the sun. So I was diapering myself around the age of 9.

Had an interest since I was 5. When the internet came out I found out it was a thing. That was when I realised it

DLAJ said:
So basically you are a thief. Do they call you the nappy snatcher.😜
Well, since I'm from the US, you would call me the "diaper thief." 🤭

Back in the 1960s, all moms in Arizona hung their cloth diapers on backyard clotheslines and I was always hopping fences to steal them.
I also stole rubber pants, diaper pins and baby powder.
As a little boy, I couldn't buy the stuff and I couldn't ask for it: so I had to resort to theft. 🤭

Last edited:
Not until probably 6 or so years ago when I found out ABDL was a thing, before that I knew I liked Diapers but didn't know we had a community or that I was ABDL.

I've had these feelings as long as I can remember. My whole life for baby and child like tendencies.

Diapers since age 11.

Wasn't until around 20 that I realized "hey I'm not as weird and alone as I thought." When I found ADISC

Reactions: Babygroot13 and BusyBritches
I remember being fascinated with diapers since probably about 6 or 7. I remember opening packages at the store and stealing 2 or 3. I still feel bad about that. I didn't know there was a name for it until I was an adult. I am 28 now and one day soon I am going to try adult baby diapers. I use goodnights right now, I am pretty small so they work for a few wettings. My husband has no idea about any of this.

MotorcycleBabe said:
I remember being fascinated with diapers since probably about 6 or 7. I remember opening packages at the store and stealing 2 or 3. I still feel bad about that. I didn't know there was a name for it until I was an adult. I am 28 now and one day soon I am going to try adult baby diapers. I use goodnights right now, I am pretty small so they work for a few wettings. My husband has no idea about any of this.
Since you’re on the smaller size, you’ll probably going to have trouble finding a good ABDL diaper that fits you. Most ABDL diaper companies only make diapers in sizes M and L. I’ve heard stories of other smaller ABDLs having trouble finding a right ABDL diaper their size.

Last edited:
bigtoddler96 said:
Since you’re on the smaller size, you’ll probably going to have trouble finding a good ABDL diaper that fits you. Most ABDL diaper companies only make diapers in sizes M and L. I’ve heard stories of other smaller ABDLs having trouble finding a right ABDL diaper their size.

I know ABU has expanded some of their Diapers to size Small, and I'm sure there must be others.

Only problem with ABU is they can be out of stock for a really long time because they are insanely popular (and they are my favorite diaper company so I understand it, especially with PeekABU)

BabyTyrant said:
I know ABU has expanded some of their Diapers to size Small, and I'm sure there must be others.

Only problem with ABU is they can be out of stock for a really long time because they are insanely popular (and they are my favorite diaper company so I understand it, especially with PeekABU)

I've had a look before but I was also 25 pounds heavier then lol. I always seem to fall in the middle of sizes! Goodnights fit okay but I still have to be careful how I wet and lay. Hopefully I can find a decent one in small or even medium. I like pull ups but want to try diapers with tabs. So hopefully even a medium may be able to work. Thanks for the tips!

I can remember at age 2 I did not want out of diapers. I was forced to potty trained and spank for accidents. Bought Pampers at 17. I always had a child like way. I know when to adult but hiding this gets to me. After my separation and divorce really triggered it even more. I got a pikachu jacket, comforter,blanket and 3 plushies. As well a vulpix,charmander,teevee and a yoshi.

Reactions: Babygroot13
Back