What’s your favorite everyday shoes

mightytoddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
this is my current newest shoes but I have quite a lot so I can match my daily outfits with my shoes . I love cute shoes I get complements all the time out in public .

Attachments

• IMG_8040.jpeg
    IMG_8040.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8039.jpeg
    IMG_8039.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Jorelaxed, LittleAndAlone and Angelapinks
The LEGO ones in my profile banner.

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler
I use water shoes as slippers around the house. I have a special pair of diabetic shoes with custom insoles for when I go out, which isn't very often.

Reactions: mightytoddler
If I could get this made for me, definitely T strap shoes or Mary Janes.

received_327066398898302~2.jpegB4UrShZA5Ci (2)~4.jpg

T strap shoes definitely, especially with long-alls and jon jons.

- longallsboy

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, mightytoddler, Jorelaxed and 2 others
All my shoes are Velcro kids sized ones

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, mightytoddler and LittleAndAlone
My butterfly shoes.

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Humperdink2, DBabygirl2 and 2 others
Reactions: longallsboy
My everyday shoes are Wolverine steel toe work boots

• Wow
Reactions: CLPP, Zeke, tbjay and 2 others
I prefer to wear velcro shoes and not just because of the childish association. I honestly don't understand why velcro shoes are considered a childish thing. They are more convenient than tying your shoes, and yet they fit much more comfortably than slip-ons.

Adult velcro shoes aren't hard to find, and I do wear them every day, but they are usually so boring looking and look like they are intended for people working or living in a nursing home. I wish I could find adult sized versions of toddler velcro shoes like these ones. So cute.

1685283897542.png1685283976443.png

• Love
Reactions: Sgdlboy, MarshallfromPawPatrol, Diaperboy27 and 4 others
Flip flops , flower tennis shoes and my dress boots ☺️ !!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I'm currently saving up for a pair of Vans velcro old skool shoes. I'm not sure what color I'll choose yet. I've been needing new shoes, all I own right now are a pair of ankle-high mokasin boots and a pair of leather sandles. Time for a "little" upgrade!

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, PaddedRita and mightytoddler
My flip flops!

Reactions: Deleted member 69802, PaddedRita and mightytoddler
Seems like most people here (even on ADISC, I mean) aren't really too crazy about T strap shoes or Mary Janes, or really into that style, apparently. 😢😢🤦‍♂️ Well, I guess it's a sign of the times... Things and times, they are a changing. Which sounds like a mix between a Petula Clark song and Bob Dylan. 😁 But no, seriously, even in my area of the United States, which tends to be more casual, there are hardly any actual little girls, let alone little boys, wearing T strap shoes or Mary Janes. It's been 17 years since I've seen any kids actually wearing a strap shoe with a buckle, believe it or not. At least in my area. I know several children's shoe stores and virtually no one sells those kinds of shoes in my region anymore. Some children's shoe stores did before 2004, but that was 20 years ago. Amazing to see how fast 20 years went by. A lot of shoe companies even making those for those who are chronologically children are no longer in business, even. There are only 3 companies in the USA still making those kinds of shoes and there was easily about 20 of them about 20-25 years ago. 😱 One of the 3 companies that do make them (Footmates) is making their English Sandals (double buckle T strap shoes) in Vietnam now and have been making them in Asia since 2004. T strap shoes are no longer common - except in some parts of the Deep South, like Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina, where not only little girls, but some little boys wear them (along with long-alls, jon jons, bubbles, etc) mostly to church on Sundays and some do wear them to daycare. Most of the shoes have been by Footmates, but there are quite a few children too who have gotten T strap shoes from Spanish children's shoe companies as well. The Spanish children's shoes are some of the best, some are sold in some children's clothing boutiques and shoe stores in the Deep South, and also they are found in shoe stores in New Jersey as well, mostly for children to wear to Jewish synagogue services in that part of the country. Very high quality for sure. A few moms even order them directly from Spanish shoe companies that sell online. Here in the Western part of the United States, most children never dress up for anything. They don't even dress up to go to church - that is, if they go to church at all, as a lot of atheists are out here. Mostly all I ever see are sneakers or Crocs. Long-alls are virtually unheard of here, and even overalls (not dressy like long-alls; casual, more like Oshkosh B'Gosh) are actually quite rare amongst even young children. Like I said, I guess it's a sign of the times. The fact I like Petula Clark probably shows that I'm getting old too, LOL.

Maybe I'm just getting old (I'm in my mid late 40s). My memories of childhood growing up in the 1980s - not just what shoes children wore or clothes, but also toys, stuffed animals, music, customs, and things like even record players - are not the same memories of childhood that someone born around 2000 would have. Unfortunately, I'm probably getting to be an old fart at this point. I feel like I may be becoming elderly - and that is actually somewhat frightening. I don't look my age at all though, I look like I'm more like 22 years old on the outside. But that doesn't mean that I'm in good health, necessarily, on the inside. 😢🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It's interesting how even on the internet (like on websites like wikiHow) if you look for ideas of how to dress like a child for Halloween, generally it says that depends what you are talking about. There are two ways to dress like a child, in a more traditional way, like a 1980s child with overalls or Mary Janes and a baseball cap with a whirly gig on top; or like a modern day "hip" kid, you know, like with T shirts, cargo pants or trackpants or sweatpants, and sneakers or Teva sandals or Crocs.

I have two nephews who are 6 and 10 years old, and they wear primarily Crocs (and they never wore a longall, ever). I guess I probably do stand out when I wear long-alls, even at the county park. I was an assistant volunteer / co-host at Preschooler Storytime, at my library, for 16 years and I never saw any children wearing anything like what I wear. I probably worked with tens of thousands of children and I never saw anything like that (and all these kids were 3 year olds and 4 year olds, with a small amount of 5 year olds). I take that back - I did see a child wearing a "longall", one time, but the child was literally a baby around 11 months old, he wasn't wearing shoes yet (or even really walking yet, for that matter) and his mom told me it was one of her brother's outfits from when her brother was a toddler in the 1980s. The extremely very few children I have heard of that dressed in long-alls in my area were transplants from the Deep South. It is no mistake to say that I was the most well dressed child at Preschooler Storytime during Halloween in the year before that damned COVID 19 started. Out of all the kids, including the ones who were not even part of Preschooler Storytime, I was definitely the most well dressed / dressed up kid for sure. 😱😱💜

I guess it's fair to say that I am just old fashioned and traditional and that I am becoming an old fart. 😁🤔🤷‍♂️ LOL.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed and mightytoddler
patrick1776 said:
I prefer to wear velcro shoes and not just because of the childish association. I honestly don't understand why velcro shoes are considered a childish thing. They are more convenient than tying your shoes, and yet they fit much more comfortably than slip-ons.

Adult velcro shoes aren't hard to find, and I do wear them every day, but they are usually so boring looking and look like they are intended for people working or living in a nursing home. I wish I could find adult sized versions of toddler velcro shoes like these ones. So cute.

View attachment 110033View attachment 110034

Reactions: Mas16210 and mightytoddler
patrick1776 said:

View attachment 110033View attachment 110034
Ooooo they look soooo comfy ☺️ hope ya got good arch supports in them , nice shoes 🥰

longallsboy said:
Seems like most people here (even on ADISC, I mean) aren't really too crazy about T strap shoes or Mary Janes, or really into that style, apparently. 😢😢🤦‍♂️ Well, I guess it's a sign of the times... Things and times, they are a changing. Which sounds like a mix between a Petula Clark song and Bob Dylan. 😁 But no, seriously, even in my area of the United States, which tends to be more casual, there are hardly any actual little girls, let alone little boys, wearing T strap shoes or Mary Janes. It's been 17 years since I've seen any kids actually wearing a strap shoe with a buckle, believe it or not. At least in my area. I know several children's shoe stores and virtually no one sells those kinds of shoes in my region anymore. Some children's shoe stores did before 2004, but that was 20 years ago. Amazing to see how fast 20 years went by. A lot of shoe companies even making those for those who are chronologically children are no longer in business, even. There are only 3 companies in the USA still making those kinds of shoes and there was easily about 20 of them about 20-25 years ago. 😱 One of the 3 companies that do make them (Footmates) is making their English Sandals (double buckle T strap shoes) in Vietnam now and have been making them in Asia since 2004. T strap shoes are no longer common - except in some parts of the Deep South, like Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina, where not only little girls, but some little boys wear them (along with long-alls, jon jons, bubbles, etc) mostly to church on Sundays and some do wear them to daycare. Most of the shoes have been by Footmates, but there are quite a few children too who have gotten T strap shoes from Spanish children's shoe companies as well. The Spanish children's shoes are some of the best, some are sold in some children's clothing boutiques and shoe stores in the Deep South, and also they are found in shoe stores in New Jersey as well, mostly for children to wear to Jewish synagogue services in that part of the country. Very high quality for sure. A few moms even order them directly from Spanish shoe companies that sell online. Here in the Western part of the United States, most children never dress up for anything. They don't even dress up to go to church - that is, if they go to church at all, as a lot of atheists are out here. Mostly all I ever see are sneakers or Crocs. Long-alls are virtually unheard of here, and even overalls (not dressy like long-alls; casual, more like Oshkosh B'Gosh) are actually quite rare amongst even young children. Like I said, I guess it's a sign of the times. The fact I like Petula Clark probably shows that I'm getting old too, LOL.

Maybe I'm just getting old (I'm in my mid late 40s). My memories of childhood growing up in the 1980s - not just what shoes children wore or clothes, but also toys, stuffed animals, music, customs, and things like even record players - are not the same memories of childhood that someone born around 2000 would have. Unfortunately, I'm probably getting to be an old fart at this point. I feel like I may be becoming elderly - and that is actually somewhat frightening. I don't look my age at all though, I look like I'm more like 22 years old on the outside. But that doesn't mean that I'm in good health, necessarily, on the inside. 😢🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It's interesting how even on the internet (like on websites like wikiHow) if you look for ideas of how to dress like a child for Halloween, generally it says that depends what you are talking about. There are two ways to dress like a child, in a more traditional way, like a 1980s child with overalls or Mary Janes and a baseball cap with a whirly gig on top; or like a modern day "hip" kid, you know, like with T shirts, cargo pants or trackpants or sweatpants, and sneakers or Teva sandals or Crocs.

I have two nephews who are 6 and 10 years old, and they wear primarily Crocs (and they never wore a longall, ever). I guess I probably do stand out when I wear long-alls, even at the county park. I was an assistant volunteer / co-host at Preschooler Storytime, at my library, for 16 years and I never saw any children wearing anything like what I wear. I probably worked with tens of thousands of children and I never saw anything like that (and all these kids were 3 year olds and 4 year olds, with a small amount of 5 year olds). I take that back - I did see a child wearing a "longall", one time, but the child was literally a baby around 11 months old, he wasn't wearing shoes yet (or even really walking yet, for that matter) and his mom told me it was one of her brother's outfits from when her brother was a toddler in the 1980s. The extremely very few children I have heard of that dressed in long-alls in my area were transplants from the Deep South. It is no mistake to say that I was the most well dressed child at Preschooler Storytime during Halloween in the year before that damned COVID 19 started. Out of all the kids, including the ones who were not even part of Preschooler Storytime, I was definitely the most well dressed / dressed up kid for sure. 😱😱💜

I guess it's fair to say that I am just old fashioned and traditional and that I am becoming an old fart. 😁🤔🤷‍♂️ LOL.

- longallsboy
You wear what feels right inside your heart and feels good on your feet . I like them very much 😋😊

Reactions: longallsboy
jamiejamie said:
My flip flops!
I wish I could wear them or even Sandals . I have braces on both my lower legs up to my knees all the way to the point my toes start . Arizona AFLO are molded to your body exactly then a plastic mold is made they are not jointed because my ankles were crushed . Then they apply a coating of leather inside and out like a boot . They lace allllll the way up so they won’t work in sandals . I even half to buy my shoes 1 1/2 size to big and also EW so the braces fit inside them . I miss sandals soooo much in the summer months . I found one set that had a strap on the back heal so my brace would not slip out backwards . But the front end ripped out because they don’t make them wide size . Broke my heart to I wore sandals when I was a teen a lot lol . ☺️

pacifierPaige said:
I use water shoes as slippers around the house. I have a special pair of diabetic shoes with custom insoles for when I go out, which isn't very often.
Nice , I’ve seen the water shoes real stretchy material in allll sorts of amazing patterns on Amazon . They breath nicely keeps your tootsies cool to 🥰

Last edited:
PrincessPlaypen said:
I'm currently saving up for a pair of Vans velcro old skool shoes. I'm not sure what color I'll choose yet. I've been needing new shoes, all I own right now are a pair of ankle-high mokasin boots and a pair of leather sandles. Time for a "little" upgrade!
Nice 🥰

LittleAndAlone said:
The LEGO ones in my profile banner.
Lol I went and looked at them … where did you find them they are perfect 😊

Back