What was your first exposure to abdl community

probably through fourms quite possibly even this very site, though i don't know exactly as it would've been years ago and i was still in my early teens at that point

Abdlhomestead was the first place that opened up my world to the idea of other people being into diapers. To this day Id like to thank stanly for helping me find out who I am :LOL:

My first exposure to the community as a whole was when I discovered this site and posted my first question to better understand my interest in babyfur/diaperfur art. But my first exposure to that type of art was when I first discovered My Little Pony babyfur/diaperfur art online around the time I became a brony. I then discovered non-MLP babyfur artists on Fur Affinity, but would only browse a few times a month. After joining this site, I got much more involved in many aspects of the community, including actually wearing baby-themed adult diapers.

My first exposure was deeker.com when I was a teenager and using dial up modem. Very painful slow Internet speed.

Reactions: perlFerret
Right after I signed up for Diaper Camp in Alberta, I made contact with a bunch of folks into AB/DL in Portland, Oregon and met up with them through Mommy Patty, who indoctrinated me into the Mommy/Baby way of life...as well as indoctrinated my bare bottom back into paddle-spanking. I got to meet others there, who I miss...especially "Ellie", a bio-male AB sissy. I thought it weird at first but her personality was so adorably sweet, she immediately endeared herself to me. Now...here I am: a toddler girl in diapers. And wonderfully happy about it. 🤗👧🧸🍼🥰🥳

Reactions: Deleted member 60285, Mallowmarsh, Angelapinks and 2 others
Definetly this site, DiaperSpace/Diaperbook (Remember those?) and I think Goodnites had a message board or a forum or something like that, IIRC.

I think the first I knew that there were other who like diapers was be seeing a letter in a magazine ... I think "Forum". I was blown away. And I think around the same time I found out about Diaper Pail Fraternity ... at that time it was a postal subscription A4 printed thing. The internet made everything more accessible, of course!!!

Reactions: Angelapinks, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
I’ve had an interest in diapers since I was a kid, but my first exposure to the community as a whole was probably in high school. I looked at a lot of photos and captions and read a lot of stories. I also watched creators like lillolikat. This site is my first time actually interacting.

Reactions: perlFerret, Angelapinks, nwm and 1 other person
Saltedcaramel64 said:
In the 90s I found news groups, wetset, and DPF. Blew my mind that I was not alone.
This was pretty much me. First adult diapers were plastic backed assurance diapers, those were the days when generic diapers everywhere were plastic backed, even Walgreens or dollar general. First real abdl shop I used was baby pants and surprisingly they are still around.

Reactions: perlFerret, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Right after I signed up for Diaper Camp in Alberta, I made contact with a bunch of folks into AB/DL in Portland, Oregon and met up with them through Mommy Patty, who indoctrinated me into the Mommy/Baby way of life...as well as indoctrinated my bare bottom back into paddle-spanking. I got to meet others there, who I miss...especially "Ellie", a bio-male AB sissy. I thought it weird at first but her personality was so adorably sweet, she immediately endeared herself to me. Now...here I am: a toddler girl in diapers. And wonderfully happy about it. 🤗👧🧸🍼🥰🥳
Diaper Camp!? Always interesting to hear of events organized open or invite only for large gatherings of internet weirdos cultured people with shared tastes.

For me, I was online in around oof 1998-ish? Got that dialup and searching for things like "diaper stories" and stuff. Naturally came across Deeker. I did join forums, one notable one being TBN in 2004, It's still online today, but it's hanging by a thread it seems as it naturally bit rots with no new interest. I came onto Adisc in 2006ish.

It was until Adisc that I started meeting local folkes and doing various meets and chats/drink. Eventually that spider off to other groups and generating personal relationships within the ABDL community.

It's interesting to see when people's first thing they saw online, as it shows their age! 😂

• Love
Reactions: perlFerret, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
I don't remember how I found it, but I started looking at DailyDiapers when I was in high school. We only had dialup internet at home, so I would use my yearbook office computer. Then my school got a new web filter that would email the principal every time it blocked something. I knew he would notice if it showed that it blocked the site more than once, so I had to stop looking for a while. When I was in college, we finally got internet at home and I was able to get back to looking for ABDL stuff (although my parents would have gone crazy if they found out).

Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
My first time was when I went to last Vermont party up at Stone mountain not knowing anybody

• Love
jamiejamie said:
My first exposure was deeker.com when I was a teenager and using dial up modem. Very painful slow Internet speed.
Me as well. And I regreat it now. The other website I frequently read stories on was called BigBaby.Org. which I am sure is long gone by now. This was around 2004-2005.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Tessa said:
Me as well. And I regreat it now. The other website I frequently read stories on was called BigBaby.Org. which I am sure is long gone by now. This was around 2004-2005.
I've never been to Deeker before and, after reading, glad I never went there. Same with YIOR...that was a super-hot mess! 😲😖

• Thinking
Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
jamiejamie said:
BobbiSueEllen said:
I've never been to Deeker before and, after reading, glad I never went there. Same with YIOR...that was a super-hot mess! 😲😖
I actually had seen deeker site - nothing special about it, really. Actually quite boring if I recall properly.

• Thinking
I was attracted to diapers for a long time, but the first exposure to the existence of other ABDL people was when the babysitter was watching a late 80’s or early 90’s talk show. She didn’t know I’d already expressed this side of myself to my mother or she would have turned it off.

PCS said:
Aged about 13 I read a letter in a problem page in a newspaper in the school library, in which a man said he was having relationship problems because he was attracted to wearing nappies and being treated like a baby. He said he also liked being spanked.

My heart nearly stopped when I read it because up to that point (including when I had first bought adult nappies from Boots the Chemist), I thought I was the only person in the world that wanted to wear nappies.
Can totally relate to feeling that you're the only person in the world
who wants to wear diapers. I felt that way until I discovered a couple
of forums online in the early 2000s, as well as seeing a re-run of a
Jerry Springer episode (think it was broadcast back in 1997) about adult
babies. What was weird about it was how horrified my mom was when she
saw it - she couldn't stop banging on about how wrong it was for grown
men to want to be babies. Which was odd because she normally wasn't
fazed by alternative lifestyles. So, her fixation on it definitely
heightened my sense of anxiety about how weird my interest in diapers
was.

diaperdrawer said:
What was weird about it was how horrified my mom was when she saw it - she couldn't stop banging on about how wrong it was for grown men to want to be babies. Which was odd because she normally wasn't fazed by alternative lifestyles. So, her fixation on it definitely heightened my sense of anxiety about how weird my interest in diapers was.
What fascinates me about parallel tales is generally how sexist even women can be: to many, men are supposed to be hard, macho, cubbyholed things of force & violence, with no right of expression. No...men are human, too. This is what often frosts my cookie about gender-roles and those who embrace it. Men get one set of rules, women another. Phoo that!

Women have done a lot of things in society ovrr the decades to change or redefine the rules of what a woman can achieve or be in society; if we are truly a society of openness and equality, then the same must be allowed for men so we can all finally put the Victorian Era where it belongs: in the past.

Society in general often settles for the second-place realm of "men, women and the differences" when, at the end of the day, men and women are all one thing: human. I prefer the high road of humanity instead. There's better harmony in commonality. Just my .000002 Bitcoin.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and nwm
nwm said:
I actually had seen deeker site - nothing special about it, really. Actually quite boring if I recall properly.
Yea. It’s pretty bad. Glad that’s shut down. Heard horrid stories about it later on.

Back