What show made your childhood?

I think I was the original Mike TV as my parents had a TV in the early 1950s and yes, I loved watching those old cartoons. Early on Saturday morning, the cartoons would start and many of them were the black and white, ink drawing cartoons with just an added soundtrack. They often were scary which I also loved.

Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed and babybenji
Rusher said:
Yes, the good old days, if the President was on you were out of luck. One of my favorite segments was on ABC School House Rock. Along with Hanna Barbara show. Hong Kong Phooey great show
Along with Hanna Barbara reminds me ot the Laff-a-lympics show! That was just fun as heck to watch!

Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed and Rusher
Ultimately it was Thomas the Tank Engine that defined my childhood. And some other shows on PBS like Arthur, Barney, Sesame Street. Even watched a number of Big Comfy Couch episodes and a Bananas in Pyjamas episode that was on a videotape of Kids for Characters.

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed and babybenji
Teenage mutant ninja turtles, still a big fan today. Recess, tiny toons, baby loony toons. Duck tales. Firman Sam, postman pat m, Magic bus. But ultimately it was tmnt original cartoon m, I collect turtles neca figures. Super 7 turtles figures and comics. Saw bee turtles film at cinema 😍 I was obsessed as a kid, still obsessed today. Cowabunga.

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed, LittleKero and 1 other person
dbz

babybenji said:
Teenage mutant ninja turtles, still a big fan today. Recess, tiny toons, baby loony toons. Duck tales. Firman Sam, postman pat m, Magic bus. But ultimately it was tmnt original cartoon m, I collect turtles neca figures. Super 7 turtles figures and comics. Saw bee turtles film at cinema 😍 I was obsessed as a kid, still obsessed today. Cowabunga.
Transformers are my main thing, but I figured you might enjoy these 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_5890.jpeg
    IMG_5890.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, Jorelaxed, Lilschoolfox and 1 other person
Cool funko pop turtles

Reactions: KBoy and Jorelaxed
Cool, i had transformers growing up lived the original cartoon.

Reactions: KBoy, midrobbie49 and Lilschoolfox
Thundercat's mask saber rider geley rangers

midrobbie49 said:
Transformers are my main thing, but I figured you might enjoy these 🙂
need that shaddr

Reactions: KBoy, babybenji and midrobbie49
THE POWERPUFF GIRLS
although i did also love all those old 60's cartoons
I feel bad for kids nowadays who don't get to watch that stuff. I wouldn't be the person I am without it..
Cartoons nowadays are so hyper and sugary..
Like the 2016 PPG, I mean I enjoyed it but compared to the original its still a pale imitation. Everything seems like its played at +10% speed.
Everything nowadays has to be hyper and meme-y and it kind of makes me sick..
I stopped watching cartoons on TV around when teen titans go started being 75% of cartoon networks programming.
Teen titans go has a special place in hell if you ask me. Total bastardization of the original show. And CN pushed it HARD.
I think the last 'good' cartoon was adventure time. 2016 PPG was alright, I think it would have been better if the writers hadn't been forced to cater to modern cartoon expectations. (cue memeface)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, Tigressmoon22, babybenji and 1 other person
Reactions: babybenji and LittleKero
StrawberryPan said:
*SSJ3 transformation theme plays*
*Previously on DBZ*
"HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

*Next time on DBZ*
"HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

I’m a late 80’s baby, so the cartoons and shows at the time were in a weird paradigm shift. Some of my favorite shows from that era are eclectic.
-David the Gnome
-Eureka’s Castle
-Jim Henson’s Dinosaurs
-Rocko’s Modern Life
-Nick Arcade
-Legends of the Hidden Temple
-Super Mario Bros Super Show
-Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
-The Real Ghostbusters
-Beetlejuice the animated series
-TMNT

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy and babybenji
I was major into real ghostbusters. Super mario, also original sonic . My era too 🤪😎

• Love
Reactions: KBoy and LittleVampire
Let's see.

- Yu-Gi-Oh (probably my absolute favourite, I've watched it so many times and still do as an adult)
- Sailor Moon
- OG Tom & Jerry
- Popeye
- Spongebob
- Spiderman (animated)
- X-Men (animated)
- Totally Spies
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Scooby Doo
- Loony Tunes

They're probably my most-watched from memory. I've almost certainly forgotten some. I used to love watching these coming home from school, or on Friday's/weekend could binge watch too! ☺️

• Love
Reactions: Kirisin, KBoy and babybenji
The Addams Family 1960s TV series * this, especially *
The Munsters 1960s TV series
Looney Toons / Warner Brothers cartoons, the older the better
Car 54, Where Are You (original series)
Winchell-Mahoney Time
Gilligan's Island
Dragnet
Bewitched
Sea Hunt
McHale's Navy
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (but our TV was black and white only, for a lonnnnng time)
Reruns of the original Mickey Mouse Club (Annette Funicello et al)
Daktari
Flipper
Skippy The Bush Kangaroo
House Of Dark Shadows
The Ghost & Mrs. Muir

Several of these were reruns in syndication, and viewed many times over, but we didn't give a rat's furry patoot!

Reactions: KBoy, babybenji, chamberpot and 1 other person
I just remembered a few more shows I watched when I was a kid:
Rescue Heros
Totally Spies
House of Mouse
6teen
Total Drama Island
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2

There were also the bad shows....
Being Ian
Yakkity Yak
Caillou (second worst show ever)
Angela Anaconda (the worst show ever)

Last edited:
Reactions: babybenji
Scooby-Doo was amongst the many. Transformers and Go Bots and He-man when I was really small, barely even remember them. Tom and Jerry and Loony Tunes were always accessible. I loved some of the rarer less mainstream ones like Adventures of the Little Koala, ThunderCats, Tranzor Z, and Voltron. I'd have loved to see more of these but they were on at bad times or not very consistent.

But the two that stuck with me and were my life long favorites were Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales.

Figures I'm into JRPGs and anime. I'm a sucker for deep stories, multi episodic adventures, and emotional drama and cliffhangers.

Pokemon should be on the list but I'd just missed it. But it's cool to have something new to littlespace out to for the first time. Would have been all over it as a kid.

Live action I recall Knight Rider, Mission Impossible, and MacGuyver.

Favorite movie ever is still Aliens. I'd kill for a official Lego Aliens line with a Sulaco, drop ship, APC, and Hadley's Hope colony. Not just solid display pieces but useable with rooms and seats for mini figs and stuff to actually play with. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, KBoy, babybenji and 1 other person
Rescue rangers, duck tails rocked m. Really got into power rangers mud nighties. I missed Pokémon but watched film at cinema, my mate was Pokémon barmy, team rocket blasting of again lol 🚀 😊

Reactions: KBoy, LittleKero and midrobbie49
Back