Rat Patrol

We didn't get our first TV until I was around 8
Circus Boy
My Friend Flicka
Flipper
The Rifleman

and my favorite, Wild Wild West!!

Reactions: TeeMousy and Rusher
Relate to many of those listed. One I didn’t see, may be wrong, is The Monkeys (I.E. ‘hey hey were the monkeys…..’). Essential pre teen and earlier Saturday morning viewing back in my day, where I’m from.

Reactions: TeeMousy
I forgot "Gunsmoke" - didn't care if new or a rerun, always liked it.
Also, "F-Troop", "The Monroes", "The Rifleman", and "Here Come The Brides" (which was a fictional drama/comedy mix about women in the 1800s who came from New England to a Pacific Northwest lumber town for the possibility of becoming brides to the lumberjacks and riverboat crews). My uncle always wanted to watch "Bonanza" and so I watched that pretty often, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeMousy and CodeQrisis
Let's see, some of the shows that resonated with me the most...

Adventures of the Gummi Bears
Reading Rainbow
Julia Child and Company
Gargoyles
Biker Mice from Mars
SWAT Kats
Kung Fu
Duck Tales
TaleSpin

... And probably a dozen other shows including a few anime.

Reactions: TeeMousy
AttilaThePun said:
I forgot "Gunsmoke" - didn't care if new or a rerun, always liked it.
Also, "F-Troop", "The Monroes", "The Rifleman", and "Here Come The Brides" (which was a fictional drama/comedy mix about women in the 1800s who came from New England to a Pacific Northwest lumber town for the possibility of becoming brides to the lumberjacks and riverboat crews). My uncle always wanted to watch "Bonanza" and so I watched that pretty often, too.
Because my late father used to love Westerns, we used to watch several Western TV series-"The Virginian", "Bonanza", "The High Chapparal", "Alias Smith and "Jones". Just listing these titles makes me feel very nostalgic.

Reactions: TeeMousy, AttilaThePun, Rusher and 1 other person
Oggy and th Cockroaches, a French cartoon series about a cat, Oggy, and his perpetual struggle with three cockroaches living in his house

Reactions: TeeMousy and AttilaThePun
austria said:
Oggy and th Cockroaches, a French cartoon series about a cat, Oggy, and his perpetual struggle with three cockroaches living in his house
That sounds amusing! As an American, I often wonder what interesting shows European kids got to see that kids in the USA might have liked..

Reactions: austria
Rocky & Bullwinkle, Popeye, Lassie, and The Sunday-night Disney Show.

Reactions: TeeMousy and AttilaThePun
Great topic!!

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Back