What movies do you remember getting as a kid?

TD712

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I had a movie collection before I started collecting movies. I know for a fact I remember getting the DVD of Finding Nemo for Christmas 2003, although I have a better copy. More remembers will be in separate messages

Reactions: MommyEllie
I also remember getting the DVD of The Lion King 1 1/2 when it first came out.
I have the VHS counterpart

I remember getting the DVDs of The Incredibles and Shark Tale on Easter 2005. Have both movies on VHS
I also do remember getting the DVD of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie when it came out though not Easter 2005. Have that movie on VHS

My Mary Poppins VHS is still on my TV cabinet… I just can’t throw it away it was always my favorite . Aaaand I literally just re-discovered this amazing old Disney made for TV movie version of escape to witch mountain with Elizabeth Maas of the handmaid‘s tale made from 1995. I’ve been looking for it for years and I finally found it and got to watch it last night :) my inner child was squealing the entire time and now I can watch it whenever I want! I wonder if anyone else remembers this movie because only ONE of my friends do!

Another DVD I remember getting back then was the DVD of Robots and (I think) Star Wars 3.
I have Robots on VHS and a new copy of the Star Wars 3 DVD

I got different kind of disney movies when I was kid with my sister.

I remember liking Pokemon and digimon alot, and got some of them and I remembering watching them alot back then and some other ones like Turtles, Biker Mice From Mars, Spiderman and Batman. I liked even some pixar films but I remember liking digimon and pokemon as a kid alot.

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonPrinceling
Well, since VCRs didn't exist, the only movie I had was a 3 minute Mr. Magoo short that came with the projector and all the home videos that my grandfather (later me and my best friend) shot.

When I was a child, I had a VCR in my room and three VHS tapes- The Land Before Time, Pokémon: The First Movie, and The Emperor's New Groove. I watched them repeatedly and all three are incredibly nostalgic. Otherwise, I didn't watch many movies as a kid as I didn't get to have much of a childhood. I am one of the very few British people who hasn't seen Mary Poppins.

DragonPrinceling said:
When I was a child, I had a VCR in my room and three VHS tapes- The Land Before Time, Pokémon: The First Movie, and The Emperor's New Groove. I watched them repeatedly and all three are incredibly nostalgic. Otherwise, I didn't watch many movies as a kid as I didn't get to have much of a childhood. I am one of the very few British people who hasn't seen Mary Poppins.
I have not seen Mary Poppins either although I am American

Rocky 3 was the first, on VHS, in 1982 or 3.
It was free with the purchase of the VCR, a Ferguson Videostar 3v22, from Rumbelows (?), but my sister went with my dad to get the VCR and she opted for the other tape on offer: Annie.
My dad went back and swapped that for Rocky 3.

I just remembered that I got the DVDs each Easter:
Chicken Little: Easter 2006
The Wild and Happy Feet: Easter 2007
Bee Movie: Easter 2008
Bolt: Easter 2009
Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel: Easter 2010 (No longer like that movie)

Some of my favorite movies that I loved getting when I was little are the first two Shrek movies, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, the first Spongebob movie, Finding Nemo, Ice Age: The Meltdown, The Incredibles, Madagascar, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo.

PhilanderNita said:
Some of my favorite movies that I loved getting when I was little are the first two Shrek movies, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, the first Spongebob movie, Finding Nemo, Ice Age: The Meltdown, The Incredibles, Madagascar, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo.
I also remember getting the DVD of Ice Age the Meltdown when it first came out

Christmas 2006:
Over the Hedge
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

TD712 said:
Another DVD I remember getting back then was the DVD of Robots and (I think) Star Wars 3.
I have Robots on VHS and a new copy of the Star Wars 3 DVD
Oh and I remember getting the DVD of Madagascar on 12/25/05 aswell

Christmas 2007:
Meet the Robinsons
Ratatouille
The Simpsons Movie
Shrek the Third
Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

UMD (Would like to get all on UMD back in the collection one day):
The Dark Crystal
Spider-Man 2
You Got Served

Christmas 2008:
Kung Fu Panda
Horton Hears a Who
WALL-E
The Dark Knight

Christmas 2009 brought me no newly released DVDs, but Christmas 2010 Brought me 4 Newly released DVDs at the time:
Easy A
Legend of the Guardians The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Shrek Forever After
Despicable Me

TD712 said:
I also remember getting the DVD of Ice Age the Meltdown when it first came out
I still have my DVD of the movie after 14-15 years of having it in my DVD collection case.

An American Tail (sic) and The Care Bears Movie. 1985 and '86.

Reactions: ChrisChris
Back