What is your favorite coffee drink?

Tea > coffee
And for that matter, Yerba mate > coffee if you actually need the caffeine.
If i HAD to drink coffee, it would be a light roast. I will never understand people and their bitter dark roasts. Bleugh.
Anyways yerba mate is objectively better than coffee.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
StrawberryPan said:
Tea > coffee
And for that matter, Yerba mate > coffee if you actually need the caffeine.
If i HAD to drink coffee, it would be a light roast. I will never understand people and their bitter dark roasts. Bleugh.
Anyways yerba mate is objectively better than coffee.
Ooh, someone else who knows maté! I like that too. I bought a kilo of Cruz de Malta awhile ago, and sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered. :)

greatlake5 said:
I'm hooked on good coffee. I try to only have one in the morning. Sometimes later in the day if I need a jolt. I love espresso. Always get's me going. I like a good latte too. But I admit that a simple regular coffee is great. A little cream and a touch of sugar. Some of the other fancy coffee drinks are nice too but give me a normal cup of coffee. Yeah, I'm addicted with coffee. My favorite barista always make a perfect coffee. What's your favorite coffee?
I love a good strong coffee and an espresso after dinner. Always on the lookout for a new variety or blend.

Zeke said:
I’ve always liked coffee, but when I drove truck over the road I had to give it up or find myself stopping every 20 minutes to wet a tire. During the time that I was a driver I discovered the Italian liqueur, Amaretto. Then I stumbled upon the idea of combining them, a couple of shots of Amaretto in a cup of good coffee keeps you awake and alert as you’re getting loaded.
Yeh and more than a couple and you get loaded. LOL I assumed that you meant the truck.

Last edited:
Espresso.

Reactions: Angelapinks
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
Ooh, someone else who knows maté! I like that too. I bought a kilo of Cruz de Malta awhile ago, and sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered. :)
The thing about mate is it actually FEELS good. Chemically its like a mix of drinking coffee and eating chocolate at the same time. The theobromine really offsets the coffee jitters/anxiety that I tend to get. Plus it is wayyy less acidifying on the body. Years ago I used to drink coffee every day and I never realized how much I hated it until i found mate. Sorry idk how to make the e with the accent to type it properly. Lol.

Do you have a regular barista? When I go to my favorite coffee shop, she's always there during the week. When I go on the weekend she's got the day off and I feel lost. Sometimes she surprises me with some new mixture. But she knows I like my regular coffee. Still, I let her do her thing. I look for it.;)

greatlake5 said:
Do you have a regular barista? When I go to my favorite coffee shop, she's always there during the week. When I go on the weekend she's got the day off and I feel lost. Sometimes she surprises me with some new mixture. But she knows I like my regular coffee. Still, I let her do her thing. I look for it.;)
I almost always make my own. Coffee shop coffee is too expensive for every day drinking!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Angelapinks
MudPuppy said:
I almost always make my own. Coffee shop coffee is too expensive for every day drinking!
Yes I like some of Starbucks coffee but it is expensive. If I am travelling I will go there because their bathrooms are pretty good and roomy so I will get a coffee and snack when I stop. One or two of our grocery stores have good bathrooms and good coffee also and I may forgo "bucks" for lunch in one of them.

Angelapinks said:
Yes I like some of Starbucks coffee but it is expensive. If I am travelling I will go there because their bathrooms are pretty good and roomy so I will get a coffee and snack when I stop. One or two of our grocery stores have good bathrooms and good coffee also and I may forgo "bucks" for lunch in one of them.
Ironically, forgoing "bucks" might save "bucks," too! :LOL:

• Haha
Instant decaf with pumpkin spice creamer.

I survive mornings on mochas. Since they've been getting expensive, I've begun making my own; and with results I very much like. The way I make them would make any coffee enthusiast cringe, but it works for me.

Ingredients:
2qts half-&-half
2qts espresso (brewed as strong as you damn well please)
1/2 bottle hershey's special dark chocolate syrup
9 dunkin donuts bottles

Step 1: make coffee/espresso
Step 2: froth half-n-half in large pot on high
Step 3: I use a 2 gallon igloo jug but any large receptacle will do. Combine syrup, coffee, and half-n-half in receptacle, using a hand blender to stir.
Step 4: transfer concoction into dunkin donuts bottles and put them in a sink full of cold water to chill quickly. Using ice water will effectively pasturize the bottles.
Step 5: dry bottles, put in fridge

Prep time: 45 minutes

I also use Cafe Britt espresso and I order the stuff in bulk, driving down costs while giving me exactly what I want. I estimate that the average cost per bottle is around 1 dollar give or take. I do, however, make a point to patronize my local coffee shop at least once per week as he makes a wonderful product and is a nice shopkeeper to boot.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, dogboy and Angelapinks
Toffynut (English Toffy/Hazelnut) Breve with wip cream and carmal drizzle

However usually just Black Coffee preferable MJB with a little Sweet N Low

My wife has this pumpkin addiction this is her time of year lol she will always choose pumpkin something in this case Pumpkin Spice from Starbucks.

Last edited:
Angelapinks said:
Yes I like some of Starbucks coffee but it is expensive.
I go to an independent coffee shop. I've been to Starbucks and they're pretty good. But my coffee shop gives the same quality coffee. Of course they cost more at any coffee shop. But their baristas give what you can't get at home. I don't mind paying for it. Baristas have to make a living too. I always tip them. My favorite barista get's a great Christmas gift from me every year along with a 15% tip every time I see her. By the way, she's an expert. Great coffee.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher, dogboy and 2 others
greatlake5 said:
I go to an independent coffee shop. I've been to Starbucks and they're pretty good. But my coffee shop gives the same quality coffee. Of course they cost more at any coffee shop. But their baristas give what you can't get at home. I don't mind paying for it. Baristas have to make a living too. I always tip them. My favorite barista get's a great Christmas gift from me every year along with a 15% tip every time I see her. By the way, she's an expert. Great coffee.
I am like you and have mostly made my own coffee at home even grinding my speacial order beans but in the last few years I have limitations so I go to Starbucks if I am out & about. If at home I will use my Kurig coffee maker K cups for my favourite's which include Starbucks dark roasts and Wolfgang Puck coffee as well as Guy Fieri roasts and Lavazza Italian esspreso. When I go to Starbucks I always spend too much on the baked goods as I have a sweet tooth.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher, Kirisin and 1 other person
I like French vanilla coffee with milk or cream. I'm addicted to coffee too. My coffee and tea station. I also go to coffee shops and Dunkin Donuts sometimes.

Attachments

• 20231019_074236.jpg
    20231019_074236.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Black coffee, no sugar. I make it in a French press every morning.

I'm ristretto fun, I like coffee since my 13-14, first period was espresso with sugar and milk, as the decads went by I left the sugar first and milk second. Short coffee made of 6-7 gramms "wiener roasting“ coffee. Traditional Italian built espresso machines are the best. But I have only 1 or 2 in a day, always in the evening, mornings are for black tea with fresh lemon and without sugar.

Black french-roast coffee and 1 packet of instant hot cocoa. I blame the coffee cart ladies at the hospital I trained at (radiologic technologist program) for this habit. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
birdguy said:
Any kind of coffee is honestly my favorite, as long as it isn't too sweetened. However I used to have a friend who mixed coke and a shot of espresso (when he didn't have kahlua, lol) together, which sounds a bit weird until you try it, so whenever I'm feeling a bit low on energy I have that.
Coke and espresso does sound a bit weird - and, yet, I'm tempted to try it!

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and Deleted member 75362
Back